BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-07-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Hi, my name is Pete, and I am addicted...

Hi guys, I am an 1M Addict. A serious one, so serious that I need treatment. I have had nothing on my mind but my 1M lately, and it's getting worse.

I'm checking the forum any given moment I have. It's worse than being addicted to Facebook. I check when I wake up, I check when I'm on the toilet, I after shower, I check after lunch, I check at work (too many times), and I check when I return from work. I stalk and admire each members mods and posts and learn more about the car every day. I must also confess that 1M is my first car after driving my moms car for a few years. It was a struggle to shell out $$$ for a first car, but I was hopelessly in love as soon as I saw youtube videos of the 1M. I was falling into the abyss of its strange but familiar powers. I was, and still am casted under a spell.

With great power comes great responsibility. It was everything that I had, or had not dreamed of. It was a beast to tame, and I have not yet fully grasped its temperament.

The more I eased into driving manual tranny, the more I became one with the car. It is a beautiful synthesis - I began doing strange things to this machine. I began caressing it, touching its curves, admiring its beauty. I began talking to it, and inside of it. Dumbfounded by the torque and sheer thrill sometimes I would scream in delight, I would laugh and grin to myself.

I began noticing bikers and truckers giving me the thumbs up, or others lowering their shades trying to look at the car in confusion. Unsure of what it is, or what excitement it brings. Even standing still, it seems like it's about to prowl and jump on their asses.

The more I fell in love with the car, the more I started to become anal about every little detail, every nook and cranny. Every smear and stain was a heartache. I gave it bubble baths, put some 3M protection film on it, but still I get rock chips. It's a learning process, I need to accept that the car won't be in perfect form all day all night, and that it's a just a vehicle to get from point A to B. But fuck it - it's not. It's the magic that makes point A to B exhilarating and orgasmic, it's the potion and makes me go POW WOW THANK GOD FOR THIS GIFT. I don't need no alcohol, no weed, no drugs - all I need is you, 1M.

Before I bought the car, I thought the thrill of a new car would be gone after 1 month. But More than 10 months later, it still excites me when I see it. In fact, it's the only car I see in any parking lot that stands out. I don't care if there's a Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Porche, Mercedes or whatever car that costs a few hundred thousand dollars more parked next to it. GT-R, R8, SLS, 911, 458, even the Aventador, move aside please, nothing else gives me the turn-on factor that this little creature called the 1M does. Besides, it's practical as hell too as a DD.

I often think to myself when I look at the car, "This is what lifes about." It's to reward oneself spiritually and emotionally through a machine that has taken a life of its own. If life is about staying young, then 1M is my playground. I love you 1M.

Hello my fellow groupies, my name is Pete, and I am a seriously addicted 1M user. Thank you for listening.

Seeing her for the first time in the stockroom of dealership.

Pics I took of the 1M back in November when I first got it!

TGS HPB 20W Cree 4-LED Angel Eyes installed

Last edited by YoungGuns; 07-25-2012 at 03:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Seems that you're eligible for "1M Addicts Anonymous": http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687037
      07-07-2012, 05:35 AM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Pete - Welcome to the 1Addicts club!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #4
bmw1mc
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe

Welcome! The first step to recovery they say is admitting you have a problem! I realized didn't have a problem, but rather an obsession!!!!

I can't get enough of little bugger!!

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 06:42 AM   #5
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Hi Pete,

This is a judgement free zone here. So no one telling you that you need to stay of your addiction. In fact it sounds like you do not have a problem at all and your environment will have to accept you just the way you are.

I would hold off on showing any love interests the caressing bit ... for the first couple of dates.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Hi Pete,

Thanks for posting. Now I feel much better about myself since I am not at your level of addiction...yet.

Keep the car unwashed sometime, if you can, really helps a lot in releasing some extra stuff in our heads
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Well, I for one find myself completely and thoroughly creeped out now.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 03:09 PM   #8
e82m_van
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1m

Hahaha we only have a few weeks till it starts raining again in raincouver. Enjoy the drive under the sunshine while it lasts. I know I am.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
wkndwrrr
Private First Class
Rep

lol, vancouver 1M's lets start a 1M-holics Anonymous meetings!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #10
Ky1M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z3-M///Coupe ,AW1M

Pete you did forget one thing that is huge for us ADDICTS!!

congrats

Great pics thanks!! Edit!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
JekyllNoMore
Canada
Rep

Full Agreement

I'm with you, Pete, I'm with you.

My name is Rob and I'm a 1M addict, too. I have another car.. it is a nice car. I worked long and hard for it. It is beautiful. It is mean. It is very fast... faster than the 1M. But when I finally got in it the other day, it's engine greeted me not with a roar or a clunk or a chortle, but with dead silence... for so long had I caressed, loved, babied and chucked about the little M, that the garage-mate's battery was dead as a doornail. So... I just pulled out the keys to the 1M.

And no.... I don't want no rehab.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #12
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

thanks guys, for accepting who I am and my darned hopeless addiction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Pete - Welcome to the 1Addicts club!
Thanks Dackelone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1mc View Post
Welcome! The first step to recovery they say is admitting you have a problem! I realized didn't have a problem, but rather an obsession!!!!

I can't get enough of little bugger!!

Yes, I agree, it's an obsession to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e82m_van View Post
Hahaha we only have a few weeks till it starts raining again in raincouver. Enjoy the drive under the sunshine while it lasts. I know I am.
Yea bud and I'd be gone in August so would be missing out on some good sunshine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkndwrrr View Post
Lets do it! I wonder how many 1M's there are in Vancouver total...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky1M View Post
Pete you did forget one thing that is huge for us ADDICTS!!

congrats
Sorry Ky1M, pics posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JekyllNoMore View Post
I'm with you, Pete, I'm with you.

My name is Rob and I'm a 1M addict, too. I have another car.. it is a nice car. I worked long and hard for it. It is beautiful. It is mean. It is very fast... faster than the 1M. But when I finally got in it the other day, it's engine greeted me not with a roar or a clunk or a chortle, but with dead silence... for so long had I caressed, loved, babied and chucked about the little M, that the garage-mate's battery was dead as a doornail. So... I just pulled out the keys to the 1M.

And no.... I don't want no rehab.

Cheers.
Rob, I'm jealous of your BSM. Extremely. SR did a great job! It's very, very tastefully done. Did you scuff up your Revozport lip yet?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 12:09 AM   #13
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkndwrrr View Post
For sure! Now the weather (finally) is nice, it would be nice to meet all the 1M owners. I ran into another AW 1M owner (Bear 1M) at the dealership two weeks ago. I would love to see Rob's BSM in person, love to have that hood on mine

Next to the Concord Pacific presentation center in downtown near Rogers Arena, there is a huge parking lot and I think that's an ideal place to meet up.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 12:16 AM   #14
e82m_van
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca335 View Post
For sure! Now the weather (finally) is nice, it would be nice to meet all the 1M owners. I ran into another AW 1M owner (Bear 1M) at the dealership two weeks ago. I would love to see Rob's BSM in person, love to have that hood on mine

Next to the Concord Pacific presentation center in downtown near Rogers Arena, there is a huge parking lot and I think that's an ideal place to meet up.

There's a revscene meet coming up which is one of the biggest annual car meet in GVA. Also, some 1'ers in vancouver want to have a get together
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715746
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Crap. I will be in Italy on those dates
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #16
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I'm gonna be outta town from 1st - 22nd of Aug :/
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 02:16 PM   #17
Luca335
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

To all 1M owners in BC, are you interested in meeting on July 15 or July 21? We are the rare breed in Vancouver (BC), it would be nice to see other car's mods and exchange ideas, stories etc. It does not have to be long, couple of hours would be good. Group photos anyone?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #18
e82m_van
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca335
To all 1M owners in BC, are you interested in meeting on July 15 or July 21? We are the rare breed in Vancouver (BC), it would be nice to see other car's mods and exchange ideas, stories etc. It does not have to be long, couple of hours would be good. Group photos anyone?
I can do 15th late afternoon around 5?
But let's discuss it in the regional forum section...
I don't want to threadjack Pete's thread hahaha
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #19
Em/1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGuns View Post
Hi guys, I am an 1M Addict. A serious one, so serious that I need treatment. I have had nothing on my mind but my 1M lately, and it's getting worse.

I'm checking the forum any given moment I have. It's worse than being addicted to Facebook. I check when I wake up, I check when I'm on the toilet, I after shower, I check after lunch, I check at work (too many times), and I check when I return from work. I stalk and admire each members mods and posts and learn more about the car every day. I must also confess that 1M is my first car after driving my moms car for a few years. It was a struggle to shell out $$$ for a first car, but I was hopelessly in love as soon as I saw youtube videos of the 1M. I was falling into the abyss of its strange but familiar powers. I was, and still am casted under a spell.

With great power comes great responsibility. It was everything that I had, or had not dreamed of. It was a beast to tame, and I have not yet fully grasped its temperament.

The more I eased into driving manual tranny, the more I became one with the car. It is a beautiful synthesis - I began doing strange things to this machine. I began caressing it, touching its curves, admiring its beauty. I began talking to it, and inside of it. Dumbfounded by the torque and sheer thrill sometimes I would scream in delight, I would laugh and grin to myself.

I began noticing bikers and truckers giving me the thumbs up, or others lowering their shades trying to look at the car in confusion. Unsure of what it is, or what excitement it brings. Even standing still, it seems like it's about to prowl and jump on their asses.

The more I fell in love with the car, the more I started to become anal about every little detail, every nook and cranny. Every smear and stain was a heartache. I gave it bubble baths, put some 3M protection film on it, but still I get rock chips. It's a learning process, I need to accept that the car won't be in perfect form all day all night, and that it's a just a vehicle to get from point A to B. But fuck it - it's not. It's the magic that makes point A to B exhilarating and orgasmic, it's the potion and makes me go POW WOW THANK GOD FOR THIS GIFT. I don't need no alcohol, no weed, no drugs - all I need is you, 1M.

Before I bought the car, I thought the thrill of a new car would be gone after 1 month. But More than 10 months later, it still excites me when I see it. In fact, it's the only car I see in any parking lot that stands out. I don't care if there's a Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Porche, Mercedes or whatever car that costs a few hundred thousand dollars more parked next to it. GT-R, R8, SLS, 911, 458, even the Aventador, move aside please, nothing else gives me the turn-on factor that this little creature called the 1M does. Besides, it's practical as hell too as a DD.

I often think to myself when I look at the car, "This is what lifes about." It's to reward oneself spiritually and emotionally through a machine that has taken a life of its own. If life is about staying young, then 1M is my playground. I love you 1M.

Hello my fellow groupies, my name is Pete, and I am a seriously addicted 1M user. Thank you for listening.

Seeing her for the first time in the stockroom of dealership.

Pics I took of the 1M back in November when I first got it!

Nice pics!!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 01:08 AM   #20
YoungGuns
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
Nice pics!!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #21
ruf
Private
Belgium
Rep

love your 2nd pic !
Enjoy your 1M (but I'm sure you do !)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #22
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Pete - looks like you must have been one of the first to go with Blackline LCI's. Your car looks great!
Appreciate 0