BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-14-2015, 08:43 PM   #23
davemawshall
Rep
Drives: 2012 BSM 1M

Thank you!
I've just booked in to get my mcchip-dkr tune updated.

The tuner seems to think when I cut out my secondary cats and removed the milltek resonated section the loss in backpressure may be causing issues with the tune. In any case I have an ETS front mount coming next week so I should update the tune anyway.

Not sure the exhaust would be causing this issue but who knows - they will put it on the dyno so I'm sure they can iron out any issues while I'm there.

Thinking back I'm not sure I had this issue before I modified the exhaust so there may be some validity to this.

Going to check / clean MAP sensor and test the boost solenoids in the meantime

Will check in after done!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 08:25 AM   #24
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport

Good luck and report back with your findings!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 03:22 AM   #25
kiysersosae
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, M2CS, M3CS

I finally got my issue sorted with an updated tune, I think. I'm still pushing 18.psi so whatever they have done to the tune file its sorted it out. Someone mentioned on another post, vans timing corrections to sort the problem!

The Only other thing it could have been was the charge pipe on my car had some metal loss around the throttle body housing, probably due to the movement of the engine on throttle and braking. I was assuming that maybe some charge air was escaping at high pressure and causing incorrect readings on the inlet manifold sensor. I fixed this while i was waiting for my tune file so it's hard to tell which one fixed my issue, but I would recommend you check your charge pipe.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2015, 06:52 AM   #26
Trond
Private
Norway
Rep
Drives: 1M

I met another BMW 1M owner recently with a tune (forgot which tune it was) and who also had this surging issue from around 2500-4000 rpms. In his case the surging started after changing the whole exhaust system with catless downpipes. Afterwards the tune was adjusted and problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 05:11 PM   #27
MT135
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

I had this on my N54. Replaced every part under the sun until it was discovered to be a back end flash running w/out the JB4. Tuning issue.
      04-06-2016, 01:35 AM   #28
Xaeryan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sideways mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT135 View Post
I had this on my N54. Replaced every part under the sun until it was discovered to be a back end flash running w/out the JB4. Tuning issue.
Can you elaborate a little bit on this? So you resolved it by using JB4 on top of the BE flash?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 01:40 AM   #29
MT135
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT135 View Post
Can you elaborate a little bit on this? So you resolved it by using JB4 on top of the BE flash?
My car had JB4 and BE flash.

JB4 was removed, surging issue became present.

Surging between 3000-4000 rpms has been documented in cars that were tuned and reverted to stock. Would suggest a "fresh start" to your cars DME.