BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

Thumbs up So I tried Permanon Supershine Platinum...

And it is excellent! I have tried everything from Autoglym to Zaino and there is no product yet that matches ease of application and shine.

I was a bit sceptical when I saw this product. Apparently it contains a Silicon isoptope - Silicium which occurs naturally and abundantly on Earth as its main active ingredient. The Silicium ionically bonds to the surface of the clear coat to fill in microscopic gaps and offer its protection.

I actually decided to use this product in a high concentration of 20% (you mix it with water from a concetrate in a spray bottle) as a quick detailer on Jet Black paint. My surface was already clean and smooth. After applying the product, spreading and buffing off with a microfibre towel it brought out an amazing shine. It was a bit like using one of those 'Instant Shoe Shine' sponges, except not as dramatic of course. The product spreads and buffs of easily.

You are actually supposed to use it after washing the car when your car is still wet. Then rinse it off. But I read it could be used dry so that is why I tried it as a quick detialer. I got it from http://www.ozicozi.com.au/surfacetech/

I have yet to test its durability claims vs bird poop etc but its water beading ability is very good.

Also good to shine coated leather shoes!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
foundonroad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 jet black 128i sport

This sounds interesting. I used your link. I am always up for a new product. My car is black and I wax and/or seal very frequently. Do you need to clay bar first? Do you know how long it lasts? It does look good, does that shine hold up? I will be interested if you will keep posted here or somewhere as to the next few weeks....thanks for this info.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Yes it would be a good idea to clay bar first. You can actually get this stuff in the USA. It is made in Germany.

The car looks spectacular in the sun. This stuff in a 20% mixture is going to be my quick detailer of choice now. It will also be the most cost effective too.

People use it on their yachts and Boeing uses it on planes apparently.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Stuff looks intersting, where did you buy it from?

I just checked out the website, and watching that bozo wash the Ferrari was making me cringe....

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 06:11 PM   #5
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep

I got it from the above website but the US has a distributor too http://www.permanonusa.com/

I have not noticed any durability drop off yet. Car still shines nicely. Havent been able to test vs bird poop yet, but even if it doesnt perform (let's face it no product can protect fully from acid bird poop) I will continue using it as a quick detailer because it is the best I have tried.
Appreciate 0