04-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #133
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denso View Post
I have to admit I am tempted by the M3 more than the M4 but I am just going to wait and see what develops with the M2. Still not sure if I will ever part with the 1M ?
I miss my 1M a ton BUT for the sake of honesty and subjectivity, I love the 4 door ZHP comfort and practicality since I have two kids. It was never a problem in the 1M but the 4 door is very, very nice. While the 1M is a car for the ages, if you have kids, the M3 is the best of both worlds IMHO. Now that it will have a better mileage to performance ratio, it makes it an even more appealing package. Also, while I really would want another 1M, it's hard to pay the same price for a used 1M that you would pay for a base F80 M3. I think prices will drop also once the M3/M4 and M2 come out because many of us consider warranty when owning a BMW and making payments but I also think the 1M will always be special, especially the strippers because of the rarity and how clean the cockpit is compared to the Japanese looking modern cockpits in all the new BMWs and you get real roar in the 1M.

Last edited by nachob; 04-18-2014 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2014, 12:45 AM   #134
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1k0d3n View Post
i should mention the other reason too...

I have had 7 knee surgeries in the past 3 years (left knee). ....why have a car that you cannot fully enjoy?
Dude, I feel your pain...I had my left hip replaced with a metal one and one of my biggest concerns was "could I still shift my 1M clutch"!

Turns out yes and now 18000 miles later, it still puts a wicked smile on my face...not sure if I'll ever sell it but I know both my daughters want to inherit it.
      04-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #135
InTheNightKitchen
Ignorance is Bliss?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 of Many

7300 miles, Fornicating ridiculous. Sold within 2days I believe. In passing I saw it on the first day; of course I drooled. After contemplating a possible purchase I went back the second day to ask what they want for it and there was a yellow index card with red lettering on the windshield.

http://www.bmwofbridgeport.com/used/...a7c4d05c95.htm
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 11:42 AM   #136
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNightKitchen View Post
7300 miles, Fornicating ridiculous. Sold within 2days I believe. In passing I saw it on the first day; of course I drooled. After contemplating a possible purchase I went back the second day to ask what they want for it and there was a yellow index card with red lettering on the windshield.

http://www.bmwofbridgeport.com/used/...a7c4d05c95.htm
that car was on sale at a small dealership in CT last week for $57k. i spoke to them about it.....i could have bought it but am currently still left with 16 months on my 135is lease and i really don't want to lose a lot of money on it.

so that car was sold to BMW of Bridgeport for around $57k....they flipped it for more. This is how the system is working at the moment.

The point of this story, however is, there are definitely cars available for $55k to $60k. I've found MANY in the past few months however i am not able to move on them due to being in a lease. I have inquired about several to see if they would be able to get me a trade in reasonable enough to make me switch, but so far none of the options have left me with enough margin to not lose too much money in getting out of the lease.

In all likelihood, the F80 M3 is looking more and more likely by the time my lease ends.....one hell of a car and still has the fat fenders!!!!

a bit of a shame though, as i've wanted a 1M for a long time but just don't feel the need to put up with so much BS to get one....and by that time all the 1Ms should be out of warranty and for someone like me who puts 25k miles on a car every year, a warranty is a NECESSITY as far as i am concerned.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #137
InTheNightKitchen
Ignorance is Bliss?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 of Many

Wow 57K smh, it's actually quite comical. And I agree it's not worth the extra BS to acquire one. I almost popped a blood vessel when I passed it because my lease is up in 5mon, and a new car was not supposed to be on the agenda. But, the 1M was enough to change my plans. I'm kind of happy it sold so quick, now I can stick to my plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
that car was on sale at a small dealership in CT last week for $57k. i spoke to them about it.....i could have bought it but am currently still left with 16 months on my 135is lease and i really don't want to lose a lot of money on it.

so that car was sold to BMW of Bridgeport for around $57k....they flipped it for more. This is how the system is working at the moment.

The point of this story, however is, there are definitely cars available for $55k to $60k. I've found MANY in the past few months however i am not able to move on them due to being in a lease. I have inquired about several to see if they would be able to get me a trade in reasonable enough to make me switch, but so far none of the options have left me with enough margin to not lose too much money in getting out of the lease.

In all likelihood, the F80 M3 is looking more and more likely by the time my lease ends.....one hell of a car and still has the fat fenders!!!!

a bit of a shame though, as i've wanted a 1M for a long time but just don't feel the need to put up with so much BS to get one....and by that time all the 1Ms should be out of warranty and for someone like me who puts 25k miles on a car every year, a warranty is a NECESSITY as far as i am concerned.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #138
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
…so happy to join the club in the not so distant future !!!! I looked at many other options, kept coming back to the 1M. It's an amazing car in sooooo many ways.
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 05:18 PM   #139
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

wow, I went thru 6 pages, let me start by saying this is my first M, before I purchase the 1M, I already have a Mazdaspeed 3 and the GTR, got rid of the Mazda and trade in the Nissan GTR reason being because of the 1M. Got the Porsche 911 50th edition with 7sp MT, also because of the 1M. Both daily driver and practicality, both have rear seats, and both are more of a drivers car.

Before I buy this one of, there wasn't an investment in mind, not at all. My first M and my first Porsche, and I driven them daily (alternating) to keep the mileage low on the 1M, lol.
The enthusiast in me buy this bad boys not the investor and most of the enthusiast wouldn't sell their car if the warranty ran out, unless they don't like them, and if they don't like them, they would sold it wayyyy before the warranty is out.

The point I'm trying to say is most of us that get one of this special 1M, care less about selling it unless we don't like it. Some say its ugly, well thats to your eyes, we don't spend over $50k over a car and to worry of someone else opinion of how it looks.
I enjoy it so much, that I rarely driven the GTR, thats when I decided to have a purposeful fun car that I can daily driven with the 1M so I don't add too much mileage on it (already have 24K in 2 yr). So the speedy GTR goes and the Pcar replace it.

By the way, I would get rid of the Porsche first before the 1M if someone is curious.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 07:47 PM   #140
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
I FINALLY just bought one...searched forever..will likely never sell this car. Ya it's that good, plus rare. I feel more excitement driving this car than much more expense rides. I built up my 135i but it was never totally satisfied. This car is amazing...as many of you 1M owners know.

The post above says it all!
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 0