12-14-2012, 06:16 PM   #23
E30 Racer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '09 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo
There is no way that you will have a gas smell because of a mid pipe change since you still will keep primary cats in your down pipes. No one in my knowledge reported any issue like this with any of the well known aftermarket midpipes.
This is not quite accurate. When I installed my catless midpipes (Akrapovic), everyone in my family noticed. Not horrible (unlike catless downpipes), but there is a difference.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #24
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Racer View Post
This is not quite accurate. When I installed my catless midpipes (Akrapovic), everyone in my family noticed. Not horrible (unlike catless downpipes), but there is a difference.
Interesting this. I am a quite sensitive person when it comes to bad smells and so, and most of the time, especially if I am not going too fast I always drive with window down, no a/c, after the install of N55 mids which are catless and Evolve Race rear exhaust I have sensed zero change vs stock, absolutely nothing. I agree that it is a pair of cats less so there should be some change but there actually is nothing to talk about, whatever it is it must be too small a difference.

Or the resonator of the N55 mids has a hidden function!

Or your downpipe got weaker because of the badass Akra mids?
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2012, 10:11 AM   #25
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk View Post
Ian, the question espesially for you - How does it feel to use midpipes?
I found Berk midpipes and I think they are not that loud that Maddads, am I right?
I don't want my exhaust to be very loud,because my SS race muffler is one of the loudest in the market if don't tolk about Maistercraft streight pipes...
So the SS resonated mids are very expensive and then I have 3 ways:
n55
Berk
Maddad

right? but I think that Berk and Maddad is better because they have 2 resonators instead of 1 in n55
The increase in loudness is noticeable, but nothing drastic that you should be concerned about.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0