BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-12-2008, 10:35 PM   #67
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
But, BMW lists the 135i at $6000 less than the 335i and thus declares its value to be less. Then it turns around and makes the cost of financing (or leasing) equal to that of a 335i by jacking up the lease and finance rates for the 135i.
No issue with your arguments. Nicely articulated (not to be condescending...). But I made the point earlier that we are celebrating a new model for North America. Miata buyers in 1989 were gouged horribly. So were Mini buyers and Beetle buyers when those cars were launched. They're probably pulling the same trick on the Clubman as we speak.

I'm sure BMW Dealers are not so ham-headed as to think they could get away with a straight gouge above list price - buyers do have alternatives.

The cost of financing is the cost of early entry and I'm sure the rates will fall into line within a MY. And the US rates are no screaming deal either. As to why we continue to subsidize the US... well, lets revisit that when they pull out of a mild Q1/Q2 recession and our $ returns to $0.85US where it should be...
      03-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #68
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

GO 135i. I was pricing a 335i when I bought my 07 Acura TL-S. It was out of my price range. If the 135i was available back then, I WOULD be driving one now. WOW, nothing out there is this AWESOME for the money. ALRIGHTY THEN.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #69
NHSkibm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E30, F31, L434

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguymo View Post
That sucks man! Now post some pics of the E30 touring!! I haven't seen one of those since I was in Germany! I'm a wagon freak (want an M5 wagon so bad I can taste it!)
M5 wagon... :wub: hell, 1-series 5 door :wub:

and YES I wish my dealer didn't suck! I want the 135 sooo bad... but that's ok an E30 Touring is a good "interim" car until the dealer lets me do Euro Delivery. I REFUSE to get a new car and not take advantage of the vacation!

Anyways here is a link for my thread on bimmerforums about the E30 Touring...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=912284
it is at the body shop right now getting full M-tech II!!! Also have a full sport seat in OE black vinyl going in, some REAL alpinas (think I'm dumping the kopis) and a BUNCH of other goodies

and if you don't want to read through the thread a pic when I picked it up and a pic of how it sits now...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #70
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
Hey denseone, the 3 series costs the same as the 1 series in real terms. It is those who are sticking with the 1 that are getting "screwed".
I got my 135 for a lot less then I was quoted a price for a new 335.

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #71
carguymo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhskibm View Post
M5 wagon... :wub: hell, 1-series 5 door :wub:

and YES I wish my dealer didn't suck! I want the 135 sooo bad... but that's ok an E30 Touring is a good "interim" car until the dealer lets me do Euro Delivery. I REFUSE to get a new car and not take advantage of the vacation!

Anyways here is a link for my thread on bimmerforums about the E30 Touring...

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=912284
it is at the body shop right now getting full M-tech II!!! Also have a full sport seat in OE black vinyl going in, some REAL alpinas (think I'm dumping the kopis) and a BUNCH of other goodies

and if you don't want to read through the thread a pic when I picked it up and a pic of how it sits now...
Thanks for the pics man! That's really cool! Yea I'd love a 135 5door too but you know how the USA is with "hatchbacks" I spoke to my managers here at my dealership and they said if you want to do euro delivery they'd be happy to help you out. (Roadtrip anyone? it's 70ish degrees and the flowers are in bloom here in NC) PM me and I'll give you the contact info for one our Client Advisors. We're less concerned with the $$ than we are with happy clients.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #72
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

YAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
I got my 135 for a lot less then I was quoted a price for a new 335.
About $6,000 US less. Alrighty then.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 01:13 AM   #73
SCA1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 coming soon...

Here's what I think of this thread

OK, then. Carry on.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #74
whya1?
Banned
Rep
Drives:

People are pissed because the cold hard reality of 37k meets their real life budget of 25k.

People thought that the car was going to be under 30k for a 135 which didn't happen.

In all honesty, if you are looking to get a quick car do you really need the absolute quickest? Getting an RX-8 or VW GTi or Mini Cooper S can all save you thousands and thousands of dollars while giving up only some straight line speed. If you need to go faster, SHIFT.

I think many people interested in the 1 series can't honestly afford it and many people who can aren't interested.
Appreciate 0