BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #1
nyny
Rep
Drives: '12 1M

bms downpipe fix v3

hello...

i'm new here and from switzerland. i tried finding some help in german forums for my problem but didn't get any..

i will try to explain:

i ordered the bms dp fix v3 from burger tuning as i have optional akra downpipes installed.. i don't want to use jb4, cobb or any tune right now. i just want to remove the engine light that appears always..

after we installed the fix successfully we deleted the ecu from all errors and the engine light turned off. then i drove about 200miles until the engine light came back.

my question: is anyone here using optional catless dp's and dp fix v3 together? if yes, which setting do i need to set on the dp fix so the engine light won't appear anymore?

ps: i did not change the setting and let it at 6pm (general setting).

hope you guys can help..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

I recommend reposting your query here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229

There are a lot of regular 135 guys that have a lot of experience with this. Also you can always email Terry directly at Burger. Supposedly he's pretty prompt with assistance.

Good luck, please let us know what you figure out!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #3
BMW Gator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C8/R8/1M/X5/JK Rubicon/FJ40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny View Post
hello...

i'm new here and from switzerland. i tried finding some help in german forums for my problem but didn't get any..

i will try to explain:

i ordered the bms dp fix v3 from burger tuning as i have optional akra downpipes installed.. i don't want to use jb4, cobb or any tune right now. i just want to remove the engine light that appears always..

after we installed the fix successfully we deleted the ecu from all errors and the engine light turned off. then i drove about 200miles until the engine light came back.

my question: is anyone here using optional catless dp's and dp fix v3 together? if yes, which setting do i need to set on the dp fix so the engine light won't appear anymore?

ps: i did not change the setting and let it at 6pm (general setting).

hope you guys can help..
I am headed down this same path - I also have Akra DP's (still in the box). I just e-mailed Terry a couple of questions - let me know what changes you end up making!!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
M1one1M
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: nothing

keep us posted about this
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
nyny
Rep
Drives: '12 1M

yeah so that's the problem, terry always tells you to read the guide as it is everything posted there. but i am not able to open the ecu box all the time and change from setting to setting and try again..

i will try reading up on the other thread that has been opened. but it doesn't seems like that someone can help
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #6
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Did you read through the instructions? It tells you exactly what you need to do to fix errors. Open this up and go to pg 9:

http://burgertuning.com/instructions/BMSdownpipefix.pdf
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #7
BMW Gator
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C8/R8/1M/X5/JK Rubicon/FJ40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny View Post
yeah so that's the problem, terry always tells you to read the guide as it is everything posted there. but i am not able to open the ecu box all the time and change from setting to setting and try again..

i will try reading up on the other thread that has been opened. but it doesn't seems like that someone can help
I went back and read the installation instructions and it said the initial setting should be 5 o'clock not 6 o'clock - and the 4 o'clock position is "stronger" than the 5 o'clock position. I think there are a few variables at work here but you will have to read the codes that have appeared and make a slight adjustment. I'm guessing slightly stronger. I will keep researching, let us know how you progress.
Appreciate 0