BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-25-2010, 12:02 AM   #287
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

After watching a couple of these group buys go down, I'm not buying anything that the vender doesn't have in stock, or at the very least is an existing product from the manufacturer. All these group buys on new wheels have taken absurd amounts of time, and your money is tied up through the whole thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #288
Guessed
Rep
Drives: Black

Yep, **********s, worst vendor in the history of car forums. Nobody cares less or screws their customers harder.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #289
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
After watching a couple of these group buys go down, I'm not buying anything that the vender doesn't have in stock, or at the very least is an existing product from the manufacturer. All these group buys on new wheels have taken absurd amounts of time, and your money is tied up through the whole thing.
I support your decision. I have never wanted to sell things I know I cant get for a customer right away nor will I buy something that is not in stock.

Also, there is nothing wrong with being Pro-Mustang. As a former mustang owner of 5 different ones I know how hard the ridicule can be, but I got my revenge by beating those that did the shit talking in my POS Ford
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #290
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: C30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
Yep, **********s, worst vendor in the history of car forums. Nobody cares less or screws their customers harder.
All pm's replied...glad we all agree with guessed.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 02:05 AM   #291
mshahidz
Major
Rep
Drives: M4, 991 GT3

cliffnotes?
      06-01-2010, 10:12 AM   #292
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s View Post
...you should have received your wheels by the very latest March.
Welcome to June.

No Wheels.

No Ship date.

No response from **********s to this thread. As posted by someone earlier, avoid and ignore is in full effect.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 01:28 PM   #293
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i & 01 Toyota Avalon

WELCOME TO JUNE,

In my experience working at **********s your wonderful posts and remarks have been very enjoyable. You've done a great job handling this situation and I just wanted to say thank you for making everything so easy for me.

Because of your patience and understanding your wheels are just about ready to be shipped if you choose to believe me. I did not respond to any previous posts because I'm simply tired of all this. You are the only person who is continuing this harassment. Now because of how well you've handled this situation **********s, the company you love to hate has powdercoated your wheels at NO COST that is usually an additional 400.00 charge. The latest news I received from Forgestar is that your wheels were sent out to get powdercoated on 5/17 and should be arriving any minute now. Hmm....maybe a phone call and you would have received a quicker answer. Again, I stopped replying to your posts because they were really just irritating and we could have accomplished much more over the phone instead of you posting this on 4 different forum threads. But then again E-Mail's or PM's would have been best because you would have just gotten over the phone and just cursed at us repeatedly and not allow us to speak. Enjoy your 1748.00 set of Forgestar F14's that you got for 1098.00 and sorry again that it took this long to deliver it. But again thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kevin************.com
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #294
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Now there's some friendly customer service.
      06-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #295
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Now there's some friendly customer service.
You see friendly, I see a sarcastic asshole

Didnt this guy order these wheels like back in december or something???

Methinks he has/had every right to be super pissed, you did his powdercoating for free? GOOD! Thats the least he should expect for waiting this damn long I would think, am I wrong? You say you're so against posting along with this topic, but you so choose to post this info, supposedly boasting this "amazing deal" he now is getting. I think the money details would be best left for you and him to know, or atleast that would be most professional in my eyes

Hah..if I ever had to wait 6+ months for a set of wheels, regardless of when the hell they were supposed to be delivered, theyd better make my damn car float mid air or something

All im really saying mr.MB is dont make this "fix" for one guy such a big damn deal...lets see fixes on all the other unhappy customers. Why not make a separate thread where u divulge everyone elses price reductions and "savings"? Its interesting cuz Ive never even bought anything from you to this date..I just dont like you, or your business and how you work it, apparently this opinion is shared by many others so I dont feel any regret, specially since most of those feelings stem from seeing how others are treated and what theyve dealt with from your company as well as forgestar.

Nice try, but

P.S. EAS and PYSPeed powdercoat wheels for $250..and actually manufacture, stock and ship their wheels on time with great service

There's some marketing info you may actually wanna consider
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #296
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

There have been NO agreements to modify the finish on my wheels. They have been ordered from the very beginning of this group buy with a gunmetal finish. The very first post in this GB thread makes it very clear that Matte Black, Gunmetal, etc. etc. are NO COST options. My wheels will be gunmetal colored and flawless to my order specifications or they will be returned.

Harassment? if the Truth about you and the company you work for is Harassment then so be it. You have been given every opportunity to make this situation right and you have failed to do so. You are the reason I am here. You stated that our already long overdue wheels were not yet in production and to give you a call for a refund. Everything that followed was a direct result of you and your company not living up to that statement.

Welcome to June.

No wheels. No ship date. NO SATISFACTION.

Google suggestions should have been my first clue. Everytime I search, this is what I see. Try it yourself.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #297
stevend218
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: In the left lane

just thought id tell you i got my wheels today. i haven’t looked at them yet cause im at work. but i will update u promptly as soon as i inspect sizes and look for imperfections.
      06-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #298
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hope they turned out great Steve. Please post pictures when you can, I'm looking forward to seeing them.

I am glad someone who has actually been in this since the beginning finally has their wheels. It seems some 1-2 post new members never returned to post pictures of the wheels they claimed to have recieved in their only posts.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #299
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Buster View Post
I am glad someone who has actually been in this since the beginning finally has their wheels. It seems some 1-2 post new members never returned to post pictures of the wheels they claimed to have recieved in their only posts.

Yep. I've seen a couple of other posts that looked pretty suspect about their products in other threads as well. I think they're trying to pull a Riss Racing style marketing campaign where they basically buy feedback with discounted parts.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #300
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevend218 View Post
just thought id tell you i got my wheels today. i haven’t looked at them yet cause im at work. but i will update u promptly as soon as i inspect sizes and look for imperfections.
Please post pics and do an inspection when you get home steve. Can't wait to see ur pics

I should be getting mine no later then by next Friday
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #301
stevend218
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: In the left lane

Sorry for the delay guys... been super busy, and sorry for the really crappy pictures (cell Phone). the wheels look good, the lips are all clean and the paint is pristine. There is some sort of odd white cloth type material on the inner wheel drums (didn’t get pics, but will). Some of it comes out, but some of it is kind of stuck on there, i haven’t tried wiping it down with wheel cleaner or anything yet though. (again this is only on the inner drum of the wheel, the part that is facing your hub/axel, u really wouldn’t see it anyways). also something else, I can’t tell what the offsets are maybe i missed the stamps somewhere, but i can’t tell for sure they are the exact offsets i ordered (does anyone know a trick to finding the offset of wheels out?).as a second thought i did mount a rear rim, and it sat very flush to my fender, even with the suspension completely expanded. So that’s good. Anyways, enjoy my crappy pics! More to come.

Last edited by stevend218; 06-03-2010 at 06:34 PM.. Reason: bad pic links
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 11:13 AM   #302
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Please PM me, I'd like to know who you are and what your Forgestar order number was. All your posts on this forum are just attacking us so if I can figure out who you are maybe we can get something resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
You see friendly, I see a sarcastic asshole

Didnt this guy order these wheels like back in december or something???

Methinks he has/had every right to be super pissed, you did his powdercoating for free? GOOD! Thats the least he should expect for waiting this damn long I would think, am I wrong? You say you're so against posting along with this topic, but you so choose to post this info, supposedly boasting this "amazing deal" he now is getting. I think the money details would be best left for you and him to know, or atleast that would be most professional in my eyes

Hah..if I ever had to wait 6+ months for a set of wheels, regardless of when the hell they were supposed to be delivered, theyd better make my damn car float mid air or something

All im really saying mr.MB is dont make this "fix" for one guy such a big damn deal...lets see fixes on all the other unhappy customers. Why not make a separate thread where u divulge everyone elses price reductions and "savings"? Its interesting cuz Ive never even bought anything from you to this date..I just dont like you, or your business and how you work it, apparently this opinion is shared by many others so I dont feel any regret, specially since most of those feelings stem from seeing how others are treated and what theyve dealt with from your company as well as forgestar.

Nice try, but

P.S. EAS and PYSPeed powdercoat wheels for $250..and actually manufacture, stock and ship their wheels on time with great service

There's some marketing info you may actually wanna consider
I agree with you, my approach was wrong and it was a combination of being irritated and frustrated with the whole situation and 1Busters delivery updates. I'm human, I have emotions, and there sure are many different ways to handle this situation, I let me emotions take over and handled it the wrong way. Sorry 1Addicts and sorry 1Buster for the immature response.

Throwing the deal in his face was definitely immature on my part but none of it was hidden or a secret. Everyone here knows what the Group Buy Price was and all of our prices are listed on the site so it could be easily figured out.

I'm also pretty hurt that you "Just don't like me, or our business" personally I think its just specific forums because there are plenty of other Forums love us and what we do for this community .

I also think you are misinformed because EAS and PYSpeed are not manufacturers. I also know that other vendors like to purchase blemished wheels at a discounted price and powder coat them so whatever works right? We may not manufacture wheels but we do have over 1000 wheels in stock and ready to ship, Forgestar's are custom orders so they are not stocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Buster View Post
There have been NO agreements to modify the finish on my wheels. They have been ordered from the very beginning of this group buy with a gunmetal finish. The very first post in this GB thread makes it very clear that Matte Black, Gunmetal, etc. etc. are NO COST options. My wheels will be gunmetal colored and flawless to my order specifications or they will be returned.

Harassment? if the Truth about you and the company you work for is Harassment then so be it. You have been given every opportunity to make this situation right and you have failed to do so. You are the reason I am here. You stated that our already long overdue wheels were not yet in production and to give you a call for a refund. Everything that followed was a direct result of you and your company not living up to that statement.

Welcome to June.

No wheels. No ship date. NO SATISFACTION.

Google suggestions should have been my first clue. Everytime I search, this is what I see. Try it yourself.
If your attached picture isn’t harassment then I don’t know what is. I was mistaken about the finish on your wheels it was a mix up of information and your wheels will be delivered as Gunmetal the way you ordered it on January, 25th 2010. Yes it is unacceptable that your wheels have not been delivered yet but what exactly is the truth about our company? You ordered a special ordered wheel, signed a contract, and wanted to get out of a contract you signed without any penalties? A refund was offered based on the contract that you signed and now you slam me for saying a refund was available. It’s really a no win situation with you, you want to be helpful to the community in which you don’t even belong to and if 1 thread wasn’t enough, you SPAM every other forum with this information.

What’s the end result to all of this? You will receive your wheels, you will love your wheels the moment they get on your car. And we’re here wheels that are truly amazing and made ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for all 1 series members, that are now hesitant to purchase because of your personal mission to share your **********s experience with everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevend218 View Post
Thank you for your patience, and I’m glad that you finally received your wheels. From what I’ve seen from the pictures so far, so good. Disregard the offsets on the boxes because they are incorrect. The offsets are specifically not labeled so other companies do not try to copy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Please post pics and do an inspection when you get home steve. Can't wait to see ur pics

I should be getting mine no later then by next Friday

YUP! They are on the way. Sorry again for the delays and enjoy your wheels

UPDATE – Forgestar Group Buy Members – in Red is not delivered

1) NL (1263997118)
2) MA (1264080158)
3) MW (1263895676)
4) ME (1263823785)
5) BS (1263870456)
6) MK (1264029337)
7) SD (1263984254)
8) SF (1264062677)
9) AL (1264138959)
10) JJ (1264166356)
11) EY (1264174660)
12) JN (1264369128)
13) DH (1264413019)
14) EM (1264159345)
15) TS (1264433677)
16) RK(1264437692)
17) WN (1265380705)

I don’t want the rest of these members to think that all of the group buy wheels are undelivered we are only down to 3 and I am on Forgestar everyday checking to see if your wheels are shipped. stevend218 and Garduna can vouch for me because they received phone calls the moment I found out their wheels shipped.

I really don’t have much more to say but apologize again for my immaturity in that response, and apologize on behalf of the companies I represent.

Kevin************.com
************** ext 8009
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #303
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Throwing the deal in his face was definitely immature on my part but none of it was hidden or a secret. Everyone here knows what the Group Buy Price was and all of our prices are listed on the site so it could be easily figured out.

Yes, very immature but, more importantly, very dumb. I could care less about the financial information but, There is/was no deal. I'm not sure who's information you are posting but, perhaps you should apologize to him/her. That's one hell of a long "typo" as you called it on the e46 forums.

Quote:
If your attached picture isn’t harassment then I don’t know what is. I was mistaken about the finish on your wheels it was a mix up of information and your wheels will be delivered as Gunmetal the way you ordered it on January, 25th 2010. Yes it is unacceptable that your wheels have not been delivered yet but what exactly is the truth about our company? You ordered a special ordered wheel, signed a contract, and wanted to get out of a contract you signed without any penalties? A refund was offered based on the contract that you signed and now you slam me for saying a refund was available. It’s really a no win situation with you, you want to be helpful to the community in which you don’t even belong to and if 1 thread wasn’t enough, you SPAM every other forum with this information.

The picture IS truthful. I invite anyone reading to begin typing modbar... into google and see what autocomplete tries to fill in.

Pretty strange mix up. Pretty hard to confuse the only set of C30 wheels Forgestar has ever made and only the second set of 5x108 wheels they have ever made. Yes, I have been in contact with Forgestar since any and all communications with your company either never get replied to or are completely wrong when compared to what forgestar is telling me. Yes including your May 17th date regarding finishing.

Spam is unwanted advertising for products. What you do on these forums is mostly spam. Car afficianados look out for each other regardless of what make they drive. The forums I have posted in either have the exact same GB as this one or relate to this topic. It is my DUTY to warn potential victims of your company and advise them of the penalties of doing business with such a dishonest entity. Everywhere I go I hear horror stories from people who have done business with **********s in the past.

I'm thinking you do not understand english very well. You offered a refund on this forum. According to the contract **********s CAN offer a refund. You as a representative of **********s DID offer a REFUND. When I called to collect this refund you and **********s DEFAULTED on that offer and switched it with an offer for an EXCHANGE. I did not originally request the refund. You offered a refund that the contract states could be offered and then denied it. You violated your own contract. Not Me.

As for your methodology, you are either completely ignorant of your products or a blatant liar. As stated above, I have been in direct talks with Forgestar. They tell me 5x108 wheels could NEVER have been completed in the time frame qouted by you all over these forums, in emails, and directly to me while trying to sell this product. I told you I had obligations and needed the wheels within a certain time frame. I had another set of wheels that I could get in 10 weeks from Europe. YOU repeatedly assured me the forgestar wheels would be at my house in 6 weeks or less. I even went so far as to ask what would happen if things went terribly wrong. You said you would still make 10 weeks or less.

When I finally get my wheels...everytime I look at them I will be reminded of the BDay trackday I had to miss. The car show I couldn't take part in and all the money I wasted on a week long trip to the dragon that I couldn'y enjoy because I'm sliding around on winter tires while waiting for these wheels. That reminds me, I now have to purchase 2 sets of tires instead of 1 thanks to your attitude of greed over helping an actual car enthusiast.

I will continue to be a car lover. I will continue to travel the internet looking at cars that I like. AND I will continue to tell of my experiences with your company whenever I come across their name.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #304
modbargains
Brigadier General
Rep

GREAT NEWS!

(Order#1263870456) BS

Is shipping today!

Kevin************.com
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2010, 07:50 PM   #305
Guessed
Rep
Drives: Black

Quote:
wanted to get out of a contract you signed without any penalties?
Penalties? You want to punish him? Sounds like you've punished him and me and everyone else in this thread enough. Unbelievable! What penalties is **********s paying for not delivering ANYONES wheels even remotely close to on time?

According to everyone except **********s, you can cancel your order with forgestar as long as production hasn't started. Kevin very clearly states production didn't start yet when he offered his refund. Your contract makes the taliban look friendly. It is designed to protect you from legal recourse while you screw your customers.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #306
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Your contract makes the taliban look friendly. It is designed to protect you from legal recourse while you screw your customers.
**********s should have consulted an actual lawyer before sending out that contract. It is not worth the paper it is printed on. Furthermore, it displays willful intent to violate federal law. I understand some fairly hefty fines can be assigned.

I recommend everyone read this immediately.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus02.shtm
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #307
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

At this point, I think anyone who buys anything else from these guys only has themselves to blame. It's pretty obvious what kind of business they're running, and how they deal with issues.

People in this group buy got screwed, but from this point on, I'm not going to have much sympathy for people who are dealing with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW
There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2010, 02:46 PM   #308
tom @ eas
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
I also think you are misinformed because EAS and PYSpeed are not manufacturers. I also know that other vendors like to purchase blemished wheels at a discounted price and powder coat them so whatever works right? We may not manufacture wheels but we do have over 1000 wheels in stock and ready to ship, Forgestar's are custom orders so they are not stocked
Since we were mentioned in this thread - we are VMR's only stocking retailer for VMR in BMW fitments, and do stock wheels in house as well as VMR's warehouse. We do not purchase or sell blemished wheels, nor powdercoat wheels that are considered blemished. I have personally visited their factory and have seen first hand of how VMR's wheels were manufactured and attention to quality.

Libel is a serious issue, I would suggest you checking facts before posting on an open forum and instead focus that attention to your company's own issues with your customers.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0