BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #243
Forgestar Wheels
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
I'm getting this feeling that it's better if I just don't venture into this thread for a week or so, to calm my nerves.....

*edit

Forgestar, could you please send me all of your contact info via PM please. Thanks
Garduna,
I can't send any PMS yet for some odd reason but you can reach us at sales@forgestar.com

Thanks

Forgestar Wheels
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 01:37 PM   #244
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Wow, now I have to worry about cracks? Not a good sign. I certainly would expect that Forgestar would want you to send this wheel to them for inspection. One would also expect that they would be even more interested than you in seeing whether there is a quality problem on their end. It also goes without saying that they would immediately replace the wheel if they even suspect a metallugical problem. Writing off a single wheel to protect your reputation should be a no-brainer (assuming there are no other signs of damage) if you're Forgestar. In my opinion, **********s has terrible customer service and communication. I will never deal with them again and Forgestar should be concerned about that as well.
      05-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #245
nlink720
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW Z4 Roadster

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Forgestar product. Forgestar doesn't support a structural warranty against impact. Their structural warranty consists of the structural integrity of the wheel and Forgestar determines whether they will or will not warranty. However, Forgestar IS willing to make an exception and take the wheel back and get you a priority replacement on the next shipment of barrels that come in. Forgestar would require the "damaged wheel" back so that it can be sent to the lab for analysis.

"On the statement of testing, I don't not think that there is a wheel manufacturer in the United States that stresses wheel testing more than Forgestar wheels. We are members of the SEMA Wheel Tire Council and and actively participate in discussions of new wheel testing standards. Forgestar wheels are thoroughly tested first in our own VIA verified LAB. Then the wheels are sent to Japan to be tested again by JWL and VIA and given a registration number. The wheels are again tested a third time in the United States by independent third-party test laboratory, Standard Testing Labs (STL) with the new SAE(J2530) test standards. I think we are one of the very few wheel companies that openly publishes wheel test results on our website. Results are located at http://www.forgestar.com/v1/testdata.php"

Guys,

This is what you will experience, so let's analyze his message.

First: He says there is no warranty on "impacts" but, he has not confirmed that the damage was/was not caused by impact. Look at the pictures below. An independent shop stated that it is likely that the damage was caused from a wheel defect.

Second: He states that he does not think that there is a wheel manufacturer in the USA that stresses wheels more than Forgestar. What I think he meant to say is that no wheels are overstressed more than Forgestar's. Why? (a) Forgestar has only released information related to its SAE approval, which is the lower than the JWL standard. Why would a company publish the lower of three standards it claims it meets? That's like saying I graduated from high school rather than stating that you have a PhD while attempting to sell your academic merits. Please show me your JWL and VIA certifications and I will go away immediately; (b) Forgestar has not proven to be manufactured in the USA, so a comparison to an American company is irrelevant. If we compare it to a comparable, such as a company like BBS-USA, because it is a foreign manufacturer with a domicile in the USA, you will see that BBS exceeds the German TUV requirement, which is higher than the Japanese JWL standard that Forgestar has failed to show to us that it meets, and TUV is also much higher than SAE. SO, I believe you are mistaken, or prove me wrong with your VIA and JWL testing data.

I am not going to send you the wheel so you can hold it for an indefinite time such as the indefinite time that people have been waiting for these wheels. I am probably going to fix it and sell it. You should pay for the repair and all the costs associated with removal and mounting of tires.

Fraudulent misrepresentation means that you know that it is impossible to prove that a wheel is damaged through a defect in manufacturing, but you still misrepresent a warranty that covers "defects in material and workmanship under normal and intended use for a period of one year from retail purchase."

Solution:

Either stop misrepresenting things, or adhere to your warranty. Five months is not reasonable and therefore I have been requesting a refund, or at least pay for the repair. You have lost credibility because you should know your subject better.

This wheel has 1,200 miles on it in 2.5 months and is cracked. Show me the JWL and VIA.

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #246
Itanius
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver

This is not good.

*scratches this off mod list*
      05-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #247
Guessed
Rep
Drives: Black

nlink720 you said you already purchased another set of wheels correct? Other than the obvious fault, your wheels are flawless. I see no way this could be your fault.

What i'd like to see happen is forgestar send you a new replacement wheel and once you recieve it you send them the defective one to do with as they wish. Understanding this could take a month or so.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #248
Guessed
Rep

So, Forgestar is here now and **********s has disappeared....

maybe we can get a few answers about who is yanking whos chain. Is forgestar feeding BS to **********s or is **********s feeding BS to customers?

How does the date of delivery keep slipping at the same rate (4-6 weeks or whatever, becomes 4-6 weeks again and again) when we have this continously updated live worksheet? What is the live worksheet?...b/c it sounds like a yellow post-it note slapped on the side of someones monitor. I mean a crystal ball, a coin toss, a tarrot deck or even a magic freakin' 8 ball are all statistically more accurate.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2010, 08:28 PM   #249
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlink720 View Post
I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Forgestar product. Forgestar doesn't support a structural warranty against impact. Their structural warranty consists of the structural integrity of the wheel and Forgestar determines whether they will or will not warranty. However, Forgestar IS willing to make an exception and take the wheel back and get you a priority replacement on the next shipment of barrels that come in. Forgestar would require the "damaged wheel" back so that it can be sent to the lab for analysis.

"On the statement of testing, I don't not think that there is a wheel manufacturer in the United States that stresses wheel testing more than Forgestar wheels. We are members of the SEMA Wheel Tire Council and and actively participate in discussions of new wheel testing standards. Forgestar wheels are thoroughly tested first in our own VIA verified LAB. Then the wheels are sent to Japan to be tested again by JWL and VIA and given a registration number. The wheels are again tested a third time in the United States by independent third-party test laboratory, Standard Testing Labs (STL) with the new SAE(J2530) test standards. I think we are one of the very few wheel companies that openly publishes wheel test results on our website. Results are located at http://www.forgestar.com/v1/testdata.php"

Guys,

This is what you will experience, so let's analyze his message.

First: He says there is no warranty on "impacts" but, he has not confirmed that the damage was/was not caused by impact. Look at the pictures below. An independent shop stated that it is likely that the damage was caused from a wheel defect.

Second: He states that he does not think that there is a wheel manufacturer in the USA that stresses wheels more than Forgestar. What I think he meant to say is that no wheels are overstressed more than Forgestar's. Why? (a) Forgestar has only released information related to its SAE approval, which is the lower than the JWL standard. Why would a company publish the lower of three standards it claims it meets? That's like saying I graduated from high school rather than stating that you have a PhD while attempting to sell your academic merits. Please show me your JWL and VIA certifications and I will go away immediately; (b) Forgestar has not proven to be manufactured in the USA, so a comparison to an American company is irrelevant. If we compare it to a comparable, such as a company like BBS-USA, because it is a foreign manufacturer with a domicile in the USA, you will see that BBS exceeds the German TUV requirement, which is higher than the Japanese JWL standard that Forgestar has failed to show to us that it meets, and TUV is also much higher than SAE. SO, I believe you are mistaken, or prove me wrong with your VIA and JWL testing data.

I am not going to send you the wheel so you can hold it for an indefinite time such as the indefinite time that people have been waiting for these wheels. I am probably going to fix it and sell it. You should pay for the repair and all the costs associated with removal and mounting of tires.

Fraudulent misrepresentation means that you know that it is impossible to prove that a wheel is damaged through a defect in manufacturing, but you still misrepresent a warranty that covers "defects in material and workmanship under normal and intended use for a period of one year from retail purchase."

Solution:

Either stop misrepresenting things, or adhere to your warranty. Five months is not reasonable and therefore I have been requesting a refund, or at least pay for the repair. You have lost credibility because you should know your subject better.

This wheel has 1,200 miles on it in 2.5 months and is cracked. Show me the JWL and VIA.

Am I missing something or does forgestars message in your quote not match what I am not reading in their orig. post 1 page back?? Did someone edit that or what??

Honestly, the whole sending you a replacement and then u sending them the shit rim is bogus, no company will accept that kind of deal with more expensive items such as these, cuz in their eyes, you could then just fix the other wheel n sell it rather then send it to them, so I doubt very much they will accept those terms.

What they need to do for sure is accept a repair quote from you and pay ATLEAST 50% of it, this includes costs for mounting, balancing, etc. whatever it takes to get the wheel repaired pronto since your driving depends on it.

But ya this is nuts, no wheel that is quality made should CRACK like that under such few miles with hardly any wear. I drove on ASA wheels that cost half what these do for 2 years on PA roads which are not the nicest, zero cracks or problems. Unless its a REALLY shit wheel from some no-name company, this kind of problem is inexcusable. Even an average sized pothole hit wouldnt do this this early.

All they will do once they receive the wheel back is do a cover-up repair and sell it for the same monies they lost in sending you a 'new' one. End of story.

But honestly, good god, just repair the pos, sell it n get a new set of decent wheels n move on from this, this thread is like drama city now...Hopefully in the end they will take atleast some responsibility and reimburse you for the repair, but I wouldnt wait on them to pay for it first, unless you already have another set of wheels to ride on.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 08:10 AM   #250
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post

What they need to do for sure is accept a repair quote from you and pay ATLEAST 50% of it, this includes costs for mounting, balancing, etc. whatever it takes to get the wheel repaired pronto since your driving depends on it.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'll NEVER run a repaired wheel on a car that I'm possibly going to be tracking, or exceeding 100MPH on a semi regular basis. It's just not safe. Wheels shouldn't crack in the first place, and if they do it means something is wrong with the metal that was used, or the process used to form it. I'd be willing to bet that repairing that crack would be a temporary thing, and another one would show up pretty quickly.

As far as I'm concerned, a wheel that has a structural problem from normal use isn't worth repairing.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #251
Rawyzf
Pontiac G8GT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
So, Forgestar is here now and **********s has disappeared....

maybe we can get a few answers about who is yanking whos chain. Is forgestar feeding BS to **********s or is **********s feeding BS to customers?
How does the date of delivery keep slipping at the same rate (4-6 weeks or whatever, becomes 4-6 weeks again and again) when we have this continously updated live worksheet? What is the live worksheet?...b/c it sounds like a yellow post-it note slapped on the side of someones monitor. I mean a crystal ball, a coin toss, a tarrot deck or even a magic freakin' 8 ball are all statistically more accurate.
This is what I think from my experience with them.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #252
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius View Post
This is not good.

*scratches this off mod list*
You said it. I was going to get these rims back in Feb but something told me they were to good to be true. I did my research into them and lets just say I didn't like what I found out.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #253
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

If I were a company like Forgestar, and one of my wheels cracked and was posted on a forum like this, I would be bending over backwards to resolve this. I would have expected at the least, complete refund on all wheels, and/or an offer to replace the whole set of wheels not just one wheel, plus a free visit to Japan/German or China to the factory (well that may not be so good for them). A personal visit from a factory or company representative. Whatever it takes. This should be seen as a damage control nightmare for a company.

RE: fixing and selling a previously cracked wheel, I would advise against it, for liability reasons. What if a driver crashed while driving on this wheel? , can you imagine the field day a lawyer/jury would have on this?

Forgestar, I would wake up if you haven't already. Just a suggestion.
      05-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #254
Forgestar Wheels
Rep

Thank everyone for your concerns, comments and suggestions. We do want the wheel back so we can send it to the lab and have it analyzed and dissected. We are treating this situation very serious, but need some more information first before we all jump to conclusions.

There is definitely some misinformation going on. Forgestar did not deny the warranty claim. We first heard about the situation this Tuesday. Once we heard about the situation we asked to have the wheel sent back to our facility for inspection. When the customer stated he did not have stock wheels, we went looking for another viable solution.

nlink720 your NEW replacement wheel will ship out today. Mod Bargains will send you a prepaid call tag to your email address to have the other wheel shipped back.

Last edited by Forgestar Wheels; 05-07-2010 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #255
Amalfitano
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i STEP, Future //M2012

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Yes, this may not be the end-all of public perception here on this forum, but there obviously are customers here, both current and potential.

I was almost in on this Group Buy. As it stands, with the totality of this thread, I am currently uncomfortable purchasing a set. I'm not one to pigeonhole any vendor or manufacturer, but with what we have thus far, i'm not comfortable.

Obviously we are not privy to all private communications that could be ongoing between ModB->ForgeStar, ModB->customer, ForgeStar-> customer, but a lot of things have been brought up for all of us to see that are not quite resolved.

Such as:

the photo evidence presented seem to back the customer claims of manufacture defect and not road hazard created.

I can sympathize with some of the cost sensitivity of the potential resolutions, but what i'd want to know is this. What would a customer have to present in order to satisfy ForgeStar for assistance? And i'm sorry, an assumption that a customer should have retained alternate wheels and therefore have no issue simply sending the defect wheel back is not good enough. There should be some assistance to this compromise or some other way to proceed. Again is its an issue of documentation, what would be needed? I'd rather have a new set of wheels that do not require me to store another set of wheels. I'd rather not use the garage space or have to pay to store them. While if i keep my OEM wheels, i can have a road hazard insurance that covers them from defect AND potholes. I wouldn't think that wheel manufacturers should replace all damages, lots of road hazards are avoidable, some aren't, and it's just a part of life. But I WILL NOT put wheels on my car that could have defects when i'll be autocrossing.

I don't know the solution, or have any demands as to what should be or not be for me to go ahead and purchase FS wheels in the future, i just know that right now i'm not comfortable doing it.

EDIT: obviously this was sent before Forgestar's two responses. This is positive and the type of thing i was hoping for.

Last edited by Amalfitano; 05-07-2010 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #256
Forgestar Wheels
Rep

Also for clarification the quoted message by nlink720 below was not posted by us.

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 03:33 PM   #257
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

I am doing a quote here, since that neon green was impossible to read. Curious as to who might have sent this? Can you elaborate nlink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgestar Wheels View Post
Also for clarification the quoted message by nlink720 below was not posted by us.

05-07-2010, 03:46 PM   #258
Guessed
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason View Post
I am doing a quote here, since that neon green was impossible to read. Curious as to who might have sent this? Can you elaborate nlink?
That would be more misinformation from **********s in the other gb thread. Post #153 here...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=732971&page=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s.com
Noel,

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #259
Username135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Car

Does anyone know if the 18's are still rated at 1200lbs per corner?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #260
Forgestar Wheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
That would be more misinformation from **********s in the other gb thread. Post #153 here...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=732971&page=8
Ok I was just checking because we did not post that information so I was wondering where it came from
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #261
Armada
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e82

These look really good.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #262
audiohigh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

So ... to add some positive feedback to this thread instead of the long list of complaints I received my wheels yesterday. I have to say it did take a long time to get them, much more than the 4-6 weeks that I was originally told, but come on guys. Kevin is a sales rep for **********s, not Forgestar.

Everytime I called, and it was more than just a few times, Kevin was polite and gave me the information he had at the time. Now take it from his point. He's probably said the same sh?t a thousand times so far. I don't agree totally with the delays and Forgestar really needs to improve their production times, but with Kevin, I have no issues.

As I was reading some of the comments on here, I saw the post about the cracked wheel. That's unfortunate but I wouldn't think that is common with these wheels since if it were, there would be many more posts claiming defect.

But anyway, tomorrow I'm putting these on and I'll post some feedback on the look and quality of everything.

Good luck to all =)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 07:24 PM   #263
Guessed
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiohigh View Post
So ... to add some positive feedback to this thread instead of the long list of complaints I received my wheels yesterday. I have to say it did take a long time to get them, much more than the 4-6 weeks that I was originally told, but come on guys. Kevin is a sales rep for **********s, not Forgestar.

Everytime I called, and it was more than just a few times, Kevin was polite and gave me the information he had at the time. Now take it from his point. He's probably said the same sh?t a thousand times so far. I don't agree totally with the delays and Forgestar really needs to improve their production times, but with Kevin, I have no issues.

But anyway, tomorrow I'm putting these on and I'll post some feedback on the look and quality of everything.

Good luck to all =)
Looking forward to seeing your wheels.

As far as **********s and Kevin are concerned. I'm afraid they're DONE. In addition to encouraging fraud against a local government (according to nlink720), you just can't lie to your customers on a public forum and hope to recover from that.

Any company with the audacity to offer refunds on a public forum and not follow through deserves to lose ALL of their customers.

I don't know how many were affected, I know I was dialing when I scrolled down a little further and saw 1Buster post but, I can assure you, it will not be forgiven or forgotten any time soon in the eyes of many.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #264
Username135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Car

The interesting thing is that other wheel vendors posted concerns about these wheels early on because of its 1200lbs per corner rating.
Appreciate 0