BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #265
audiohigh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessed View Post
Looking forward to seeing your wheels.

As far as **********s and Kevin are concerned. I'm afraid they're DONE. In addition to encouraging fraud against a local government (according to nlink720), you just can't lie to your customers on a public forum and hope to recover from that.

Any company with the audacity to offer refunds on a public forum and not follow through deserves to lose ALL of their customers.

I don't know how many were affected, I know I was dialing when I scrolled down a little further and saw 1Buster post but, I can assure you, it will not be forgiven or forgotten any time soon in the eyes of many.
I'm really more curious than anything else but, why does anyone think they deserve a refund? From the few pages I've read on the thread, the one with the cracked rim is actually the only one probably deserving. Didn't everyone have to sign that custom order form?

I know it sucks having to wait a long time to receive em. I waited close to 3 1/2 months. But I think that implies nothing more than these wheels being very popular.

If there were more people proving that these were defective, then even I would be concerned. For the 1200 lb thing, what do other wheels support that causes a concern here? Do you need more support for racing as opposed to street or spirited drives?

Anyhow, I get these on tomorrow, so wish me luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2010, 11:15 PM   #266
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: C30

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiohigh View Post
I'm really more curious than anything else but, why does anyone think they deserve a refund?
I can only speak for myself but, I'll be happy to answer....

Because it was offered. period. no other reason needed. I was not a member of this forum until the OFFERED refund didn't happen. But, since you probably want more, I'll continue. Because a refund was the RIGHT THING for **********s to do. Because the wheels were not in production yet, giving the OFFERED refund would've cost **********s NOTHING. Denying the OFFERED refund cost **********s plenty by producing unhappy customers who will continue to be unhappy long after this GB is over. Denying the refund once offered say's to everyone, "watch out, **********s are snakes".
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 01:27 AM   #267
Jaguar66
M Power
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: '09 ///M-Sport 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Buster View Post
Sorry, I am not sure why my post was deleted. There was no reason given, it was not spam, and obviously I'm still here.
I too, have experienced posts disappearing, no reason given, only the assumption that mods don't like what they are reading, and zap, gone. This is one of the most annoying things about this forum. I went back and erased all of my posts from before a month ago, I was so mad.
      05-08-2010, 10:32 AM   #268
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

It is very sad to see this happening to such a promising company. Me and PaintPro21 (Owner of APEX) heavily warned **********s regarding the low load ratings of these wheels and this is a result of that.

Best of luck to Forgestar and hope that everything gets resolved favorably.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #269
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMason View Post
I too, have experienced posts disappearing, no reason given, only the assumption that mods don't like what they are reading, and zap, gone. This is one of the most annoying things about this forum. I went back and erased all of my posts from before a month ago, I was so mad.

Seems to me that the Admins don't always have the members best interests in mind when it comes to this kind of stuff.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #270
MbmwM1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

I was told my a member of 6MT.net that posting my story here would be helpful to you guys.. So here goes - -

I had a very bad experience with both Forgestar and **********s (**********s.com) and I thought someone on here may be interested in hearing my story.

This may make you decide to go another route if you were considering purchasing product from either of these companies.

To make a really long story short - here goes,

I ordered a set of Forgestar wheels from **********s in early January 2010. The order was contingent on **********s.com providing me with the wheels made to my specs in no longer than 6 weeks time. Before I made this order I had done quite a bit of research on these companies. Prior to placing the order I knew that Forgestar had a bad rep. for not providing product in a "timely manner." I mentioned my concerns to the ********** salesman and he assured me that Forgestar was very reliable and had some problems in the past with customer service, but that had "been taken care of."

Anyways, after **********s ASSURING me multiple times that my wheels would be on my doorstep in no longer than 6 weeks time I placed my order & paid in full (big mistake).

After a few weeks had passed I thought I would give Forgestar a call and see how the process was coming along. I just wanted to make sure everything was on schedule. After emailing them multiple times with NO response I figured a phone call would be the best bet. I called them and the rep seemed very irritated that I took a few minutes out of his day to check on my order. He claimed I "shouldn't be calling him regarding this." He also said "he wasn't even sure if they had received my order yet."

Following this I figured I would go through **********s for my updates. At this point I won't even bother giving you the excruciating details. To make an even longer story short. I was given 3 different "ship dates." Those dates all passed with NO tracking numbers and no wheels. Yet they still held 100% of my money and claimed that the Chinese New Year was causing problems with shipping, they "had a problem in customs," a crate was "stuck in customs." They also claimed they had no "barrels" in anywhere near my desired offsets.

So at this point were a few months in with NO wheels. I attempted to cancel my order with **********s but they claimed that I had placed a custom order that could not be canceled. (Although the latest update said the supplies were still stuck in customs!) Hmmm.

It got to the point that the "Upper Management" would avoid my phone calls.

Anyways filed a complaint with the BBB, AMEX, Attorney General of Cali.

At this point they gave in to refunding 1/2 my money.

I am still missing the other half.

In sum BEWARE OF FORGESTAR AND **********S.

If you do a little research this is not the only situation of this nature - do what I should have done and go with another wheel company!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 10:06 AM   #271
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Update:

Day 110...Still NO Wheels.

No Word from **********s. No Shipping Date in sight.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #272
mineo77
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
**********s has ALWAYS been good to me. I had a long wait for my KW's, but they finally made it here and customer service was great. You just gotta call them up...best way to get answers then post on forums and wait. Special orders suck, trust me...i am waiting on a wheelset too from Tirerack...but that is how things go sometimes.
      05-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #273
Username135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
It is very sad to see this happening to such a promising company. Me and PaintPro21 (Owner of APEX) heavily warned **********s regarding the low load ratings of these wheels and this is a result of that.

Best of luck to Forgestar and hope that everything gets resolved favorably.
+1, I think people should be concerned about the load ratings. If the load rating has not changed, people should not even consider purchasing this wheel.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 01:12 PM   #274
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username135 View Post
+1, I think people should be concerned about the load ratings. If the load rating has not changed, people should not even consider purchasing this wheel.

If I had to guess, I'd say that right about now they're realizing the wheels aren't strong enough to put on the streets, and are scrambling to do something about it. They don't want to say that because there's going to be a "run on the bank" by people wanting refunds, and they probably can't afford to do it.

Knowingly selling dangerous product for street vehicles would probably carry jail time if someone got hurt because of them.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 01:22 PM   #275
Rawyzf
Pontiac G8GT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Pontiac G8 GT

Load Ratings:

What are they advertised at? (Found 1200 per wheel on forgestar.com)
What are people seeing?
What should/do we want them to be?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #276
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawyzf View Post
Load Ratings:

What are they advertised at? (Found 1200 per wheel on forgestar.com)
What are people seeing?
What should/do we want them to be?
I'd like to know this as well. The people who purchase these rims have a right to know.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #277
Username135
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Car

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ar+load+rating
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #278
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
I'd like to know this as well. The people who purchase these rims have a right to know.

head over to the m3 forums and check out the group buy there....LOADS of legit questions raised about the LR there....
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #279
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mineo77 View Post
**********s has ALWAYS been good to me. I had a long wait for my KW's, but they finally made it here and customer service was great. You just gotta call them up...best way to get answers then post on forums and wait. Special orders suck, trust me...i am waiting on a wheelset too from Tirerack...but that is how things go sometimes.
I think you missed the points of half the posts on this thread and several other threads concerning MB and forgestar, however I think its more about MB supposedly. The idea was all the customers who had/have problems with them have all tried calling, emailing, etc. without return.

Ive noticed many posts by you on other threads singing MB's praises like crazy, I can appreciate that you've had great service with them, but I must say the amount of negative reviews and reps for MBs WAY outweighs the good

Which obviously gives them a big in my book
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #280
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Why is it that there's so many ********** forgestar f14 threads up with instock where ours aren't getting any love T_T..........

Plus, neither them or the forgestar user is answer the questions anymore......
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #281
Guessed
Rep
Drives: Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Why is it that there's so many ********** forgestar f14 threads up with instock where ours aren't getting any love T_T..........

Plus, neither them or the forgestar user is answer the questions anymore......
Playbook pages 1 and 2...

Ignoring and Avoiding.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #282
Clap135
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2009 N54

makes you wonder why MB isnt banned from this forum.
the sooner you guys realize that forums make no money if people refuse to pay the better off we will be. Vendors are just that, vendors. Without us, theres no vendors, theres no forums. So instead of protecting the scam artists how about this site does something to protect the members. Hell that won't happen though, cause mb pays this site a fat check each month.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #283
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
I really hope you guys aren't mixing **********s with forgestar, they are different companies, **********s is just the middle man. I know someone needs to take responsibility but **********s can't take all the blame right?

This is from a third persons point of view, I didn't order the wheels, but I have been following this thread.

Peace.
      05-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #284
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhang View Post
I really hope you guys aren't mixing **********s with forgestar, they are different companies, **********s is just the middle man. I know someone needs to take responsibility but **********s can't take all the blame right?

This is from a third persons point of view, I didn't order the wheels, but I have been following this thread.

Peace.

Yeah but MB is the one that cashed the checks or ran the credit cards and doesn't seem to be coming through. It's not really the end user's responsibility to go after 3rd or 4th party (Chinese) suppliers.

It may not be completely their fault, but from my point of view it's completely their responsibility to make it right.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #285
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Good god..shouldnt this be where a giant balloon flies over our heads and suddenly explodes and all our cash comes raining down on our heads miraculously?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2010, 11:55 PM   #286
1Buster
Enlisted Member
Rep

Still No Wheels. Still no shipping Date.

Paid for in full January 2010... 1/10

If they magically shipped tomorrow I would get them June 2010... 6/10

Appreciate 0