BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #23
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
When I first installed mine, I wasn't really thrilled with the lack of grip. I'm over it now and like it. If you're going to use driving gloves, be sure to get the ones where the fingers and palms are lined with smooth leather like the Alpine Stars 1-Z. Suede or silicone printing will tear up the alcantara.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 04:36 AM   #24
Viper_FFM
Rep
Drives: !M

Here is the link for mine:

http://www.individual-cars.com/xshop...with-oran.html
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #25
ace11
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M - A1 quattro - S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
Have you got a link please
here is the link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Performan...item35c46ec3c6

i know this one is not in VO, but just write the guy - he can get you one with the VO band for the same price..
      02-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #26
SpencerMH
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M, M6 GC, 718GT4, F355GTS6

I was hesitant in getting the non electronic wheel, wasn't sure how much of a difference it would be, but I'm very happy with it and it really makes the driving experience great with the feel of it. I'd spend my money on some go fast bits first if you haven't done any tune, intake parts, lowering the car a bit and larger tires would also take precedent but its a good mod.
It adds a lot to the interior to make it feel sporty, I was also hesitant of the carbon fiber trim piece(autotecnik) that you can see in on of the photos, but again it looks great in person and makes the car feel more unique, I never loved the interior, i came from a 335 which was nicer and a good friend has a 135 with a great color/wood combo and his interior is overall nicer, the steering wheel has made me feel a lot better about the interior, sorry for the crummy iphone pics but you get the idea and better than nothing:
Attached Images

02-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #27
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Series 1 m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace11 View Post
here is the link:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Performan...item35c46ec3c6

i know this one is not in VO, but just write the guy - he can get you one with the VO band for the same price..
Is yours with tri colour stitching or orange stitching on the rim as it seems both these steering wheels are from the same seller but different prices depending on the stitching.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #28
ace11
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 1M - A1 quattro - S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
Is yours with tri colour stitching or orange stitching on the rim as it seems both these steering wheels are from the same seller but different prices depending on the stitching.
mine is with the VO color band and VO stitching... imo the tri color stitching doesnt fit to the interior (everything else is VO, so why should the steering wheel be different - thats also why i changed mine)