BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-04-2009, 01:37 AM   #45
mac135i
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i, black, auto, s'roof

First post after lurking a few days since ordering my 135Coupe.

Like Taipan I got between 8 and 9K off the list price - my car is in Australia, n August build that had just arrived in the dealers stock out at Laverton so I do pick up on the 'Joy' discounts because it will be delivered in a week or so. The car has Nav, front parking sensors and something to do with the mirrors - none of which I wanted. In the end they just got thrown in. Pleased with the price and the changeover on my GTI which at 26K wasn't too bad.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #46
upgrader
Australia
Rep
Drives: Honda

mac135i-can I ask which dealer you used?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #47
mac135i
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i, black, auto, s'roof

Sorry for the delay in responding- an interstate trip.

The dealer was Stillwell's - who have been great.

I think one issue you are going to face is the limited number of cars available - especially before the end of November. It seems to me if you are going to get one you will have to make some compromises.

Black was on my list of acceptable colours but probably not my first choice - sedona, space grey and the blue were also on my list. Certainly black on black wasn't what I'd have preferred - black and grey or black and the beige would have been better I think. I also didn't want the nav, the electric mirror thingy or the front PDC but if I wanted a car before both the 50% tax incentive and the BMW incentive finished then I had limited choices.

The trick of course was that this was a car ordered by the dealer, which had arrived and was sitting in their holding stock. Me keen to buy, and will to compromise, the dealer having a car they could sell.

All that said I'm stoked to be picking up the car sometime next week. It might have sounded like it was a grudge purchase - it isn't, I just know I'm going to love it - and I wouldn't love it any less than if I ordered one from the Feb shipment as per my exact preferred spec which was my other choice.

The other area that we might differ on is what price is the important one. You seem to have a 75K figure in mind. For me I didn't really care what the total price was but whether that price could be managed into a monthly lease payment that was acceptable. I run a business with a partner - there needed to be some equity in the lease costs between the two of us. I have the more expensive car as a result but I';ll also hold onto it for an extra year.

Stillwell's, BMW Finance and I were able to achieve the figure I was looking for on that car in the end. So for me it was the lease figure that was the major determining factor not the total price. Of course they are linked at the end of the day.

Good luck with the searching........
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2009, 01:55 AM   #48
BigBoss168
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac135i View Post
The other area that we might differ on is what price is the important one. You seem to have a 75K figure in mind. For me I didn't really care what the total price was but whether that price could be managed into a monthly lease payment that was acceptable. I run a business with a partner - there needed to be some equity in the lease costs between the two of us. I have the more expensive car as a result but I';ll also hold onto it for an extra year.
Unfortunately I'm a private punter and even though my employer does run a novated lease program I only drive 5,000km per year so I end up losing out on the FBT. The upshot of all of this is that I'm paying for my car in cash.

For me, the $75k was driven by the options I wanted (or more realistically - didn't want). I came up with it via some back-solving from some of the other pricing threads - which happened to coincide with an estimate of the best deal that I could get from costpricenewcars.com.au as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #49
upgrader
Australia
Rep

Does anyone have an up to date costing on the car and options-I checked the BMW site but they have gone-presumably due to clarity of pricing laws.
I would be interested in the following prices
Base car price
Metallic paint
Auto
Sunroof
Prof Nav
Comfort access
I would apreciate any info
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 02:44 AM   #50
spree
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C 2020

http://testrigbymotors.bmw.com.au/co...oupe_MAR09.pdf

Here's some "clarity" for ya.

I got the same response when I asked them for a pricelist. For some reason the folks at BMW Australia dont like to give their customers too much info, in order to maintain "clarity".

Let us know how ya go re: pricing too!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 03:49 AM   #51
JMH1983
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Black 135i AT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spree View Post
http://testrigbymotors.bmw.com.au/co...oupe_MAR09.pdf

Here's some "clarity" for ya.

I got the same response when I asked them for a pricelist. For some reason the folks at BMW Australia dont like to give their customers too much info, in order to maintain "clarity".

Let us know how ya go re: pricing too!
wasn't there a price increase sometime before june ?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 04:17 AM   #52
upgrader
Australia
Rep

thanks spree
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 04:21 AM   #53
BigBoss168
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe manual

Here you go. Don't forget the following:
- Dealer delivery of $4-6k depending on the dealer (but highly negotiable!)
- Rego and CTP of $600-900 depending on where you live
- Stamp duty of 5% less $900 on the whole bloody lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Does anyone have an up to date costing on the car and options-I checked the BMW site but they have gone-presumably due to clarity of pricing laws.
I would be interested in the following prices
Base car price $72,230
Metallic paint $1,695
Auto About $2,800
Sunroof About $3,000
Prof Nav About $4,500
Comfort access $1,325
I would apreciate any info
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2009, 04:41 AM   #54
nvanorten
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW m140

Yes there was a price increase in May.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BMW_1Series_Coupe_PriceAndOptionsMay.pdf (314.1 KB, 144 views)
Appreciate 0