BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-09-2017, 09:27 PM   #1
asmotorsport
https://www.facebook.com/asmotorsport.cojm.au/
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & E82 135i MSport

Garage List
ABS, DSC & TP Errors

I have a 2008 135i Coupe with all the usual bolt on induction/ exhaust mods. Last week I installed new coil-over suspension to the front, following this the Brake, ABS and Tyre Pressure warning lights are now on. Two things that I initially though may have caused this were: 1) I trapped the ABS senor wires when tightening the main strut bolt. I have since determined that these two wires are repaired and now okay. 2) I disconnected the level sensor arm on the RHF wheel. This was reconnected, but may have need re-calibrating according to local BMW owners?
Two days following the suspension installation the Sun Roof warning light has now joined the other three warning lights and the Sun Roof will not operate.
Any advice you are able to offer will be gratefully received.
My 135 is used once or twice a week on the road, Club events and Track Day Sprints. I have followed a number of threads and am hoping someone may be able to assist me with their knowledge of coding and calibrating the level sensors?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #2
JinAM
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

Level sensor shouldn't need calibration when disconnected.
To determine the cause of fault, will have to connect to a scanner and check the fault on it.
As for the sunroof, just press and hold the button on tilt position, and it will do a full tilt-open-close cycle, keep holding the button all the way, and it will re-initialize the sunroof.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2017, 12:40 AM   #3
asmotorsport
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinAM View Post
Level sensor shouldn't need calibration when disconnected.
To determine the cause of fault, will have to connect to a scanner and check the fault on it.
As for the sunroof, just press and hold the button on tilt position, and it will do a full tilt-open-close cycle, keep holding the button all the way, and it will re-initialize the sunroof.
Thanks for that. I was told that we possibly upset the Level Sensor settings by disconnecting it and now it thinks the RHF wheel is on a hole or something. Lower suspension was also another theory.
I will do some more tests and report back. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 06:00 AM   #4
JinAM
Private
Rep

I have done it heaps of times. Disconnecting it does not trigger faults or require initialization.
Unless you have disconnected the rods, and swing the arm around and put it back the wrong way?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #5
asmotorsport
Australia
Rep

Garage List
No good with the Sunroof reset. I have booked in for a scan next week. and will update to all after this.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 09:57 PM   #6
asmotorsport
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinAM View Post
I have done it heaps of times. Disconnecting it does not trigger faults or require initialization.
Unless you have disconnected the rods, and swing the arm around and put it back the wrong way?
We did disconnect the RHF rod. I am not convinced we have replaced it in the same position either. I will look into this more , this weekend. Any suggestions on how to set/ re-time this sensor, if it was put back incorrectly?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 11:29 PM   #7
JinAM
Private
Rep

Just put it back the right way. It shouldn't need resetting. If it still doesn't go away, it might just need to clear the fault codes. If that is the cause of it.
Appreciate 0