BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-05-2015, 05:10 AM   #23
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Ahhhhhh... The VTT vs TFT thread..

It's shocking to see, for the longer time members in here especially - that you take VTT's results as being a like for like and credible result! You should all know better!!

Ever wonder why he chose to compare it against the MMP and not the TFT kit? And now the thread has disappeared.... (Cue x-file soundtrack)

Mike vs forceddownunder's head to head dyno shoot out once it's all done will be a true comparison, and an epic event to witness.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 05:48 AM   #24
totti84
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i 6MT

Garage List
I don't think anyone is dissing the TFT kit ink, the quality and results are outstanding.

I think most people have to draw a line as VTT/MMP option is almost one third of the price for RHD once you take into account JD's pipe and installation.

I'd happily install and prefer TFT if I wasn't on a budget and didn't have other cars to maintain
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 08:46 AM   #25
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
I totally agree if it comes down to a BFYB comparison in terms of $/kW that the VTT has it there.

I chose the TFT for the quality of the materials used, sexy welds, fluid dynamic design, intoxicating metal induction tone, and a little under hood bling.

Not everyone will spend that coin on it, but that isn't my point... My point was not to flaunt the results like they are gospel unless it was from a truly independent source. But we will all be privileged to see it head to head (how exciting!!!)
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 06:56 AM   #26
mcmn
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY10 AW 135i

I'll put my money where the results are, and most important to me is credibility of the team putting the work together.

I've lurked long enough to know where I'll be getting my parts from ... looking forward to seeing the output of this Justin.

Paul
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 09:30 AM   #27
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by totti84 View Post
I don't think anyone is dissing the TFT kit ink, the quality and results are outstanding.

I think most people have to draw a line as VTT/MMP option is almost one third of the price for RHD once you take into account JD's pipe and installation.

I'd happily install and prefer TFT if I wasn't on a budget and didn't have other cars to maintain
So whats you fully installed price of VTT silicon?
And the cost of TFT install?

Just so there is an accurate comparison.

135i - RHD Bottom Mount Single Turbo - GTX3584RS
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2015, 08:57 PM   #28
totti84
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i2 View Post
So whats you fully installed price of VTT silicon?
And the cost of TFT install?

Just so there is an accurate comparison.
Installation costs should be the same regardless of TFT/MMP/VTT.

It's the initial outlay which hurts TFT imo, but if you want the best, you're going to have to pay for it
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2015, 03:39 AM   #29
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Any updates on this JD75 ?

Keen on getting the car back.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 06:17 AM   #30
N111CUK
G force Junkie
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport black edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
Hey guys,

here are a few pics of the custom rear turbo inlet pipe that I had fabricated to allow fitment of the Trueform Technologies intake/turbo inlet kit on RHD vehicles.

Unfortunately the rear inlet pipe supplied with the TFT kit was not even close to clearing that pesky steering shaft on our RHD vehicles.

However after 3+ days of fabrication/test fitment on my 135i and further trial fitment on a 335i in cooperation with a willing and patient owner, I'm very pleased to say fitment is spot on whilst maintaining as much volume as possible along the course of the 2.5" pipe from the front to the rear.

The second pic shows the fibreglass pipe following final preparation in readiness for the carbon fibre moulding stage.

The RHD fitment kit will also include a custom rear turbo upper coolant line, that allows for the ideal phasing of the compressor inlet silicone coupler where the pipe meets the coupler after snaking its way behind the steering shaft and along the firewall.

The custom coolant line features high quality - 6AN fittings and a braided hose that has a lining which is coolant/antifreeze compatible. It also retains the stock hose ends for OEM fitment to the coolant outlet on the block and coolant inlet on the turbo CHRA.

The coolant line would probably benefit from some form of heat wrap and there is plenty of room to do so with the re-orientated line.

More info and pics to come, I hope to have the first production version of the carbon fibre inlet pipe complete within 2 weeks.

Cheers,

Justin.
Hi All,
Thought I'd join in the debate here from "Sunny" England.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my e92 335i N54 6AT with new RB's and TFT inlets running on a JB4 G5 with a backend flash + 100% Meth & FBO as you'd expect.

I'll be using a MAHA dyno to fine tune / test the car so I'll be happy to post my results for all to see.

Justin has promised me a set of his modified parts for RHD TFT fitment once his production is complete.

Why did I choose TFT over VTT. well I have to say that seeing the parts up close I have to admit they are amazing works of art regardless if they can or can't make more power. I'm hoping the sound will be the defining factor not so much the power. I don't mind splashing some cash.

For me the car isn't only all about max power but also looks / sound handling etc..

RHD owners are somewhat limited compared to our LHD brothers and I figured having this running approx 650hp would be perfect for the chassis.

Just a side note
My car is running a complete M3 e92 rear end, custom prop shaft and OEM M3 brakes all round with KW Clubsports etc.. Chassis will cope with my power goals.

This summer I will also run it at the 1/4 mile race way and will also post results. I'm hoping to be the first UK owner to crack 10s. That would be cool
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 07:27 AM   #31
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N111CUK View Post
Hi All,
Thought I'd join in the debate here from "Sunny" England.

I'm in the process of rebuilding my e92 335i N54 6AT with new RB's and TFT inlets running on a JB4 G5 with a backend flash + 100% Meth & FBO as you'd expect.

I'll be using a MAHA dyno to fine tune / test the car so I'll be happy to post my results for all to see.

Justin has promised me a set of his modified parts for RHD TFT fitment once his production is complete.

Why did I choose TFT over VTT. well I have to say that seeing the parts up close I have to admit they are amazing works of art regardless if they can or can't make more power. I'm hoping the sound will be the defining factor not so much the power. I don't mind splashing some cash.

For me the car isn't only all about max power but also looks / sound handling etc..

RHD owners are somewhat limited compared to our LHD brothers and I figured having this running approx 650hp would be perfect for the chassis.

Just a side note
My car is running a complete M3 e92 rear end, custom prop shaft and OEM M3 brakes all round with KW Clubsports etc.. Chassis will cope with my power goals.

This summer I will also run it at the 1/4 mile race way and will also post results. I'm hoping to be the first UK owner to crack 10s. That would be cool
Nice goals and good luck hope you manage to crack those 10's

With these inlets, that he's making seems like they're taking sometime, I'm not counting but its been 4-6 weeks in the making so far
      06-15-2015, 10:09 AM   #32
JD75
JDTuning
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i xDrive,G80 M3 xDrive

Hey guys,

please rest assured I am doing my utmost to get this project across the line ASAP.

I have a lot of time and money tied up in the production of that prototype sucker and whist the initial pipe was completed at full speed by my fabricator, the carbon manufacturer has a production cue and given that the first run will only be 10 units our little endeavour is certainly not going to allow this guy to plan an early retirement, lol.

As such we have to wait and whilst it's taking somewhat longer than I was originally advised, it is what it is.

As for the VTT versus TFT debate I'm not going to weigh in on that, as I'm simply providing a fitment solution for RHD customers that wanted the TFT intake/inlet system over the Vargas silicone pipes.

FYI,

as far as I know I was the first person to import a set of the VTT pipes which subsequently found their way onto Greg's sled which is now rockin' 397rwkW with power left on the table, so yeah those pipes certainly work and they are a cost effective solution for those guys wanting to maximise potential gains from RB turbos.

I think one of the other guys summed it up best when they said "horses for courses", as it's not always about buying the best bang for your buck mod, some guys will purchase the TFT kit over the VTT pipes just because...

Thanks,

Justin.

Last edited by JD75; 06-15-2015 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: Revision
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #33
N111CUK
G force Junkie
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD75
Hey guys,

please rest assured I am doing my utmost to get this project across the line ASAP.

I have a lot of time and money tied up in the production of that prototype sucker and whist the initial pipe was completed at full speed by my fabricator, the carbon manufacturer has a production cue and given that the first run will only be 10 units our little endeavour is certainly not going to allow this guy to plan an early retirement, lol.

As such we have to wait and whilst it's taking somewhat longer than I was originally advised, it is what it is.

As for the VTT versus TFT debate I'm not going to weigh in on that, as I'm simply providing a fitment solution for RHD customers that wanted the TFT intake/inlet system over the Vargas silicone pipes.

FYI,

as far as I know I was the first person to import a set of the VTT pipes which subsequently found their way onto Greg's sled which is now rockin' 397rwkW with power left on the table, so yeah those pipes certainly work and they are a cost effective solution for those guys wanting to maximise potential gains from RB turbos.

I think one of the other guys summed it up best when they said "horses for courses", as it's not always about buying the best bang for your buck mod, some guys will purchase the TFT kit over the VTT pipes just because...

Thanks,

Justin.
Thanks Justin for stepping up and making this available. I'm waiting patiently

I even thought about hammering the original stainless pipe to fit on RHD cars or get some silicone hose and random pipe shapes and put something together. but I'm still waiting for the RB's so until they turn up I'm hoping for Justins easy way to fit this engine jewellery
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 02:27 AM   #34
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I hear the rear carbon JD RHD TFT solution has one out of the mould with more to quickly follow???

JD?

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 06:03 AM   #35
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Hey 135i2,

I suspect you are right on the money.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 06:58 AM   #36
135i2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Nice.

Get you some of that!

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #37
Forced_downunder
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i N54

Epic pipe. I want one ;-)
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 04:41 PM   #38
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Nice work JD!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 09:58 PM   #39
dh58
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

how much ?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #40
N111CUK
G force Junkie
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Hi JD,

I've sent you a PM about the pipe and oil line lets get it done.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #41
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N111CUK View Post
Hi JD,

I've sent you a PM about the pipe and oil line lets get it done.

Cheers
Thanks mate, PM responded to.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 02:48 PM   #42
MAY135
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E88

Custom Rhd Rear Turbo Inlet

Hello, I Need Price! And Shipping Cost To Cyprus 2720
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #43
dh58
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Ahhhhhh... The VTT vs TFT thread..

It's shocking to see, for the longer time members in here especially - that you take VTT's results as being a like for like and credible result! You should all know better!!

Ever wonder why he chose to compare it against the MMP and not the TFT kit? And now the thread has disappeared.... (Cue x-file soundtrack)

Mike vs forceddownunder's head to head dyno shoot out once it's all done will be a true comparison, and an epic event to witness.
Doesn't it depend on what you have? If you just have stock turbos, makes no real difference. However if you have upgraded turbos, now this is where the details matter?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 09:19 PM   #44
JD75
JDTuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAY135 View Post
Hello, I Need Price! And Shipping Cost To Cyprus 2720
PM sent.
Appreciate 0