BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #1
AchtungF80
Brigadier General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, '17 G30

Garage List
2008 135is  [9.50]
2010 Cooper S  [10.00]
1991 318is  [10.00]
radio remains on after start/stop presssed twice and door open/closed.

Kinda weird but I had to take a conference call in the car. The call really dragged on even after I had already pulled into my garage and I was discreetly trying to switch to handset and get out of the car and into the house.

When I switched to handset on my BB 9530, the i-drive went from bluetooth to radio and the station played (luckily I was on mute). So I then hit the start button twice to shut off the motor and shut off the electronics to get out. Normally, the radio will continue to play until a second or 2 after I open my door.

This time though, the radio stayed on despite having closed the door and locked the car via keyfob.

I fumbled for a few minutes and ended up re-starting the car, then shutting off the radio manually and turning it all off.

BTW I have Comfort Access as well.
      07-22-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Bones13
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i BSM/Coral

I noticed that my radio would stay on sometimes when I turned off the car, and not others. Really got annoying sometimes.

Then I noticed that it made a difference how long I pushed the button. If I push the button and hold it, like I do starting the car, then the radio will turn off with the car. If I just stab at it, then the radio stays on, and turns off with another stab.

For awhile it was push the start/stop button twice, while you work the door handle twice to unlock the door and get out.

Just worked this out today, still working on the validity.

Comfort Access is so George Jetson-ish, but I do like it, and glad I got it. For you youngsters here, George Jetson's job was to push a button at the plant.
Navigation/Premium Audio/USB/iPod
Heated Seats/Xenon/Bike Prep
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Adhokk
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i w/ M Sport

I have the comfort access and was reading my manual yesterday about this. If you turn off the engine and the radio is running, like said above press the start/stop again to turn off the radio. But if i'm getting out, and forget, just touch one finger to the ridges on the door handle (do not wrap hand around handle, as this unlocks the car)
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
Kinda weird but I had to take a conference call in the car. The call really dragged on even after I had already pulled into my garage and I was discreetly trying to switch to handset and get out of the car and into the house.

When I switched to handset on my BB 9530, the i-drive went from bluetooth to radio and the station played (luckily I was on mute). So I then hit the start button twice to shut off the motor and shut off the electronics to get out. Normally, the radio will continue to play until a second or 2 after I open my door.

This time though, the radio stayed on despite having closed the door and locked the car via keyfob.

I fumbled for a few minutes and ended up re-starting the car, then shutting off the radio manually and turning it all off.

BTW I have Comfort Access as well.
Oh, yeah this has happened to me and I had Opie and Anthony on cursing in the background. Pretty uncomfortable situation.
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
I try to play the radio when I'm washing the car, and it always turns off the first time after about 5 minutes on it's own. If I hit the start button again and put the radio back on, it seems to last longer the second time.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #6
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones13 View Post
Then I noticed that it made a difference how long I pushed the button. If I push the button and hold it, like I do starting the car, then the radio will turn off with the car. If I just stab at it, then the radio stays on, and turns off with another stab.
You know you don't have to do this to start your car?
All you need to do is simply push the button, the engine will crank on it's own until it starts. Holding the button longer does nothing.
Appreciate 0