BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-26-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
NOT the best price not even close, questionable business practice. Buyers beware!!!
seriously you need to stop being a cheap ass and trying to scam legit vendors on here. If you thought you could get a better deal elsewhere then why not buy it from the person you got this supposed better quote. I know Johan personally and he is not that type of person so you need to chill out on what you say
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #24
Johan@WSTO
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E89 Z4

19 inch Advan RZ

Front : 19x8J +45

Front : 19x9J +50
      10-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #25
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkPOTO View Post
seriously you need to stop being a cheap ass and trying to scam legit vendors on here. If you thought you could get a better deal elsewhere then why not buy it from the person you got this supposed better quote. I know Johan personally and he is not that type of person so you need to chill out on what you say
You shouldnt open your mouth when you arent involved.

That explanation was sugar coated to WSTOs benefit.

They posted in this thread they have the best price!!

They quoted me a price that wasn't the best price!!

When I said I have a lower quote they asked me to forward the quote and they would match/beat it!!!

I forwarded the quote and never heard back from them, instead I heard from the other vendor because the manufacturer/distributor had contacted them.

WSTO went to the manufacturer and complained about the deal I had gotten and went ahead and revealed who had given it to me. They didn't need to mention names!!!

I believe what I told them was thanks but I have a better deal elsewhere, they asked me for the opportunity to compete.

How am I scamming anyone? Cheap ass? You dont know cheap ass, my watch costs more than your car dumb ass.

Why would I pay more and buy from WSTO when I can get it for less elsewhere?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #26
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank@WSTO View Post
I will elaborate. Buyer came to us for quote...We quoted him our best price...which we have been told is a great price from other members and we have already sold 2 sets at this price. Buyer replied with a RIDICULOUSLY low price from another vendor. We asked Makin (Advan North American distributer) to match this price...Makin said another vendor had already asked, and this price is WAY below reasonable pricing. Vendor that quoted this price is now "in trouble" and Papethova now feels the need to provide slander to the 1 series community.

I apologize that we do not want to break our agreement with the North American distributer for these wheels
Its not slander, and I refrained from elaborating publicly until you and your cohorts decided to skew the details to your benefit.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #27
Victory Road
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

"Best Price" means best price according to Vendor agreements. I apologize for being an ethical company

As I have told you through PM. Another Vendor revealed the shops name to Makin, before we even said anything to them. I can not match someones price with out written proof of the quote, hence why I asked for you to forward the email. I was trying to help you out by beating that price and contacting Makin to do so.

It is in the industries best interest, as well as forum members, to purchase products based on customer service, not only price.

Feel free to elaborate publicly, we have done nothing wrong.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #28
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank@WSTO View Post
"Best Price" means best price according to Vendor agreements.
As a consumer I have no information on vendor agreements its not my responsibility to police what it is. who has one, or is maintaining one. I know what price Im quoted and from who, thats it! How you get them and what you pay for them I wouldn't know, and neither does any other consumer.

I emailed everyone, I got their price, thats all I can base it on.

No reason for me to think someone is violating their vendor agreement or jacking these off a car in a parking lot somewhere.

Thats the last I have to say on this matter.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #29
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
ok guys take this to pm
and please loop in Jason

ty
      10-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #30
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

When I said I have a lower quote they asked me to forward the quote and they would match/beat it!!!

I forwarded the quote and never heard back from them, instead I heard from the other vendor because the manufacturer/distributor had contacted them.

WSTO went to the manufacturer and complained about the deal I had gotten and went ahead and revealed who had given it to me. They didn't need to mention names!!!

I believe what I told them was thanks but I have a better deal elsewhere, they asked me for the opportunity to compete.

How am I scamming anyone? Cheap ass? You dont know cheap ass, my watch costs more than your car dumb ass.

Ha, your pretty full of yourself.. Did you not read what Frank wrote they never mentioned the name of the vendor that gave you the price. Johan and Frank only talked distributor because they thought maybe it was possible they didnt have the best price, and wanted to know if it was possible to get it for you.

And I doubt your watch is worth 50K buddy!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 02:48 PM   #31
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
WHEELSTO 4 LYFE MOTHA F**KA!!!!

I'm not helping am I?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #32
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:

the problem here is you are accusing them of SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES (pretty serious) when there is nothing shady about it. They claimed they had the lowest price, aparently some other guy is liquidating his stock and has a better one. On a normal day, WheelSTO would have the best price (and the fact that they called to check the price to see if they could match it speaks volumes to how far out of their way these guys will go for their customers) and they couldn't. How is accusing them of shady business practices a legitimate argument? Do you think that people going out of business or something call all there competition to say "I'm running a big sale of a liquidation price so I will have the best prices for a few weeks". WheelSTO not only has the best everyday price on anything, but their service is also ALWAYS the most courteous and high caliber you will find out there.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #33
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a man late for work

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
the problem here is you are accusing them of SHADY BUSINESS PRACTICES (pretty serious) when there is nothing shady about it. They claimed they had the lowest price, aparently some other guy is liquidating his stock and has a better one. On a normal day, WheelSTO would have the best price (and the fact that they called to check the price to see if they could match it speaks volumes to how far out of their way these guys will go for their customers) and they couldn't. How is accusing them of shady business practices a legitimate argument? Do you think that people going out of business or something call all there competition to say "I'm running a big sale of a liquidation price so I will have the best prices for a few weeks". WheelSTO not only has the best everyday price on anything, but their service is also ALWAYS the most courteous and high caliber you will find out there.
Ya, not to throw fire on the flame but what Udub mentioned is correct. you may not have been able to get the best price. Many businesses advertise what they believe is the best price based on their research. It is quite possible that someone saw their price somewhere and 1 upped them since. It happens all the time. I am sure if you searched hard enough or negotiated based on the information you now have, you could find an even better price.

However, when you accuse a reputable business and a valued sponsor of BMW meet ups and get togethers in the Chicagoland area of shady business practices based on one casual and common incident you are going to ruffle some feathers.

FWIW, I will vouch for Johan and the boys at WSTO. Not only do I feel like I am paying a fair price (is it the best, I don't know but I am more than satisfied). More importantly I feel that I get tremendous VALUE. Their knowledge and expertise has kept me from making more than one mistake on my vehicle. To their credit, sometimes their advice has led me to other vendors at their own expense because it was a better fit for what I needed rather than trying to line their own pockets. The results speak for themselves....look at my garage.

Did you find a better price, maybe. Is it legitimate? I guess you'll find out. Either way, congratulations, move along. For any other readers, read the thread and take things with a grain of salt. WSTO will continue to be one of my preferred vendors for my second most important possession after my home....my bimmer.
      10-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #34
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
Its not liquidation, the wheels are custom ordered at a price $500 less than WSTO.

AGAIN, when you arent involved you shouldn't talk. KNOW the details!!

I commended him for trying to help me, I thanked him, I have no issue with him and have exchanged PMs with him. I even continued to give him the opportunity to earn my business, Its the people who aren't involved trying to put their two cents in that are causing the problems.

I love how all the local Chicago guys are here in the thread now.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #35
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Your obviously a dolt.
I asked Johan to quote me on 3 different wheels and all of his quotes crushed the rest, it wasn't even close. Abd of course the chi guys are going to jump in. We've meet Johan and julius and they're really helpful guys. I bother them to the point of where I feel bad yet they're always willing to help and do it with a smile. But what do u care about 500 bucks your a huuuge baller with a 80k watch. Why so frugal with the greenery. Prob cause u don't have anything u say. Not even your 1. re u the guy who traded in the 335 for the Ferrari?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #36
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
Quote:
Its not liquidation, the wheels are custom ordered at a price $500 less than WSTO.

I commended him for trying to help me, I thanked him, I have no issue with him and have exchanged PMs with him. I even continued to give him the opportunity to earn my business, Its the people who aren't involved trying to put their two cents in that are causing the problems.

We're on here because of your statement of questionable business practices. You've insulted one of our most loyal and helpful vendors by making a statement that is categorically untrue. Had you just said on this very thread, I paid $500 less here (name place) or even, I saved a significant amount here (name place) contact them at this phone or PM...that would have been one thing. Because you found a better price elsewhere does not mean that there are any questionable business practices involved, it simply means that you are a good bargain hunter.

The fact that the Chicago guys are to defend a vendor truly speaks for the vendor. Where did you get your wheels at such a wonderful price? Please share, I am sure we'd all like a deal, please.
      10-27-2009, 04:42 PM   #37
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
Or where you bought your 80k watch. I'm interested in a folex. did u go in a rolex forum and bash a vendor there cause u bought it on the street from a guy in a trench coat for 5k?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 05:40 PM   #38
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 View Post
Your obviously a dolt.
I asked Johan to quote me on 3 different wheels and all of his quotes crushed the rest, it wasn't even close. Abd of course the chi guys are going to jump in. We've meet Johan and julius and they're really helpful guys. I bother them to the point of where I feel bad yet they're always willing to help and do it with a smile. But what do u care about 500 bucks your a huuuge baller with a 80k watch. Why so frugal with the greenery. Prob cause u don't have anything u say. Not even your 1. re u the guy who traded in the 335 for the Ferrari?
Your experience isnt my experience, most other quotes I got crushed their quote. The rest were in line. They (WSTO) weren't drastically lower than anyone. But quite a few other vendors came close to my lowest quote.

Who you've met and what they've done for you matters ZERO to me.

Its not about $500... they never even bothered getting back to me. They called the distributor snitched on my vendor and that was that. I never got a response from them once they realized they couldn't compete on price. BUT why the hell would I spend $500 more on the SAME product??? Would you?

You dont need to worry about what I have or dont have go back and add to your 5000 posts on a car forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #39
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFV335i View Post
We're on here because of your statement of questionable business practices. You've insulted one of our most loyal and helpful vendors by making a statement that is categorically untrue. Had you just said on this very thread, I paid $500 less here (name place) or even, I saved a significant amount here (name place) contact them at this phone or PM...that would have been one thing. Because you found a better price elsewhere does not mean that there are any questionable business practices involved, it simply means that you are a good bargain hunter.

The fact that the Chicago guys are to defend a vendor truly speaks for the vendor. Where did you get your wheels at such a wonderful price? Please share, I am sure we'd all like a deal, please.
I would never go into any vendors thread and post I got the identical product elsewhere at a lower price. That to me is unethical! I've bought plenty of things at prices lower than what you see on the forum, nowhere do you see me posting publicly what or how much.

When they asked me to forward the quote so they could match or beat it, they should have gotten back to me regardless of what they could match or beat. Not leave me hanging and then have me hear from the vendor that someone cried to the distributor. If I had gotten a proper response instead of being ignored then maybe I wouldn't have to question their business practice.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #40
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
A PM from our good friend

Subject:Get a life!!

Dont pretend to know me or what I have.

wow that was brutal.
so your saying you dont like someone messing with you? hmmm reminds me of someone ^^^^. next time dont go into a vendors thread and make ridiculous allegations that hold zero water. u made it seem like wsto took your money and left like some scammers. u could of just said "can u pm back i never got any response" or if you wanna be a dick, (like i think you are) u could of said " WSTO doesnt have the lowest price" its very simple. but u had to take the drastic route of calling them frauds. this isnt some part time gig for these guys, its their livelihood. if they did scam u (which they never would), then blast the hell out of them. but false claims are unwarranted and go beyond just words.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 06:33 PM   #41
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 View Post
A PM from our good friend

Subject:Get a life!!

Dont pretend to know me or what I have.

wow that was brutal.
so your saying you dont like someone messing with you? hmmm reminds me of someone ^^^^. next time dont go into a vendors thread and make ridiculous allegations that hold zero water. u made it seem like wsto took your money and left like some scammers. u could of just said "can u pm back i never got any response" or if you wanna be a dick, (like i think you are) u could of said " WSTO doesnt have the lowest price" its very simple. but u had to take the drastic route of calling them frauds. this isnt some part time gig for these guys, its their livelihood. if they did scam u (which they never would), then blast the hell out of them. but false claims are unwarranted and go beyond just words.

"NOT the best price not even close, questionable business practice. Buyers beware!!!"

Those were my words.... they were not the best price, $500 on 2500-3k is ~20% difference, to me 20% isn't even close!! Calling the distributor and revealing the vendor giving me the lower price in my eyes is questionable, take it how you will. My thoughts, my words.

None of my statements are "false claims".

You have a problem with my PM? You want real threats? Feel free to contact me when you are in my area, then we will see what brutal is.

I don't mind you messing with me, as soon I do anything to you feel free to retaliate. I can hold my own, trust me. All you guys piling on and name calling and twisting the facts is annoying. You are not doing a favor to anyone, not the vendor, not the forum, and certainly not yourselves.

You want to continue the childish behavior be my guest, but you aren't accomplishing anything. This issue was dead and over and me and Frank have no issues with one another. In fact we were trying to work a deal out. You guys keep rehashing and keeping this in the forefront. Keep posting nonsense and keep having me reiterate what I have said over and over.

Instead of this going away and people forgetting it you are forcing everyone to see an issue with WSTO on the top of the thread page over and over repeatedly. Brilliant!! I wish my friends would all run to help me like this.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #42
Ricer X
noted crusty old man
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [6.76]
Quote:
"NOT the best price not even close, questionable business practice. Buyers beware!!!"

Those were my words.... they were not the best price, $500 on 2500-3k is ~20% difference, to me 20% isn't even close!! Calling the distributor and revealing the vendor giving me the lower price in my eyes is questionable, take it how you will. My thoughts, my words.

None of my statements are "false claims".

You have a problem with my PM? You want real threats? Feel free to contact me when you are in my area, then we will see what brutal is.

I don't mind you messing with me, as soon I do anything to you feel free to retaliate. I can hold my own, trust me. All you guys piling on and name calling and twisting the facts is annoying. You are not doing a favor to anyone, not the vendor, not the forum, and certainly not yourselves.

You want to continue the childish behavior be my guest, but you aren't accomplishing anything. This issue was dead and over and me and Frank have no issues with one another. In fact we were trying to work a deal out. You guys keep rehashing and keeping this in the forefront. Keep posting nonsense and keep having me reiterate what I have said over and over.

Instead of this going away and people forgetting it you are forcing everyone to see an issue with WSTO on the top of the thread page over and over repeatedly. Brilliant!! I wish my friends would all run to help me like this.
Well, I guess that would depend on whom you believe. Checking pricing with the supplier is not questionable. It is no more questionable than your comparing pricing, is it? No. In point of fact, they did so in an effort to get you the best pricing that they could get you, thus going above and beyond to live up to their claim.

The fact that your vendor got caught selling below what the supplier would like is really the "questionable business practice" is it not? Not that you shouldn't be allowed to benefit from how they run their business, you should. If they want to and can sell a product for a price that is to your liking than you should be allowed to purchase it and not care how it came to be. But in many industries, distributors set minimum pricing for certain products (usually newer or more in demand) in order to provide a level playing field for the retailers. It appears as it was your vendor which violated this policy and thus is questionable. You just choose not to call them out on it because it benefited you, interesting you capriciously throw about your accusations, isn't it?

Therefore, by virtue of the fact that you choose to do business with a vendor who has been found out to practice poor business ethics (either they are honoring their quote which as unethical or they are not - which is more unethical), and you choose to not call them out on it now that you know the situation calls into question your integrity does it not?

This in addition to the fact that you have handled this poorly. Rather than just telling WSTO no thank you, I found better pricing elsewhere you chose to lash out over what is really a non-occurrance grossly mistating the events as questionable business practices. By doing so, you painted their entire business and how they operate over one transgression where even by their best efforts you were not given the best price.

1 issue of pricing = questionable business practices? No more than your grossly exaggerating the situation makes you a bad person.

To answer your last posts, my friends may not be handling this well, but your response is not better. Sure, why don't we all meet in the parking lot at 3:00 after school? You can handle yourself? What are you 12? Seriously. Please continue the adolescent behavior, you are only making WSTO look better and better in this case.

And yes, unless WSTO were to specifically ask us to stop, I would continue to defend them. That is how deep my loyalty lies...because of how far out of the way they have gone for me. Can you say the same of any of your vendors?
      10-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #43
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep

Garage List
im just goign to wait till you "get your rims"
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #44
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:

you're damn right we are. Someone says some bunk shit like "these guys have questionable business practices" and of course we're going to stand up for a business that has done nothing but take care of all of us like we were family. Ask around too, its not just Chicagoan's.

And I do know the details, think about it... if we all are friend you don't think we've all heard about this entire story?

The other vendor was either

A. Lying to you about the price he'd give them to you for (which we don't know for sure so probably least likely)
or
B. Dying for a sale so he went under the price he was supposed to sell for to keep the integrity of the product and now got busted by Advan's distributor and won't be selling them for any price from now on.

If anything, I think the other vendor would be the one with shady business practices. At least WheelSTO is honoring their contract with Advan. Now your "other" guy is probably going to lose his and where are you going to turn to for stuff from Advan now... ?

(hint... it's probably the guys who can still get you the Advan stuff at the lowest price they're allowed to sell it for)
Appreciate 0