BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-30-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

Rain sensor naff after windscreen replaced

I had the windscreen replaced and now my rain sensor may as not be fitted it is useless and before it wipes I can't see a thing, even on the most sensitive setting. I had the car at the dealership and they said it works and there is no way to calibrate it as it either works or it doesn't

Some on here have been able to reset/re-cal with a BT scanner (I don't have one) If this is the case, why is it a dealership can't get this feature in there equipment. I have said it's usless now and a worthless feature as it is unsafe to use, but as it "works" there is nothing they can do for the sensitivity Can anyne help me ?
      11-30-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
mad chemist
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-135i View Post
I had the windscreen replaced and now my rain sensor may as not be fitted it is useless and before it wipes I can't see a thing, even on the most sensitive setting. I had the car at the dealership and they said it works and there is no way to calibrate it as it either works or it doesn't

Some on here have been able to reset/re-cal with a BT scanner (I don't have one) If this is the case, why is it a dealership can't get this feature in there equipment. I have said it's usless now and a worthless feature as it is unsafe to use, but as it "works" there is nothing they can do for the sensitivity Can anyne help me ?
Very strange Si-135i,

I had the same problem but re-set the rain sensor with the BT scanner. Now the thing works just fine!

You really should get the BT cable, especially when you start opening up you ECU (JB3 etc..), which you inevitably will!

Mad.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad chemist View Post
Very strange Si-135i,

I had the same problem but re-set the rain sensor with the BT scanner. Now the thing works just fine!

It's this kind of information that makes this forum so valuable. We all KNOW there's a calibration for the sensor, and the dealership doesn't. What's wrong with that picture?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
It's this kind of information that makes this forum so valuable. We all KNOW there's a calibration for the sensor, and the dealership doesn't. What's wrong with that picture?
More to the point, what can I do about it without spending too much money ? Its usless now even in the most sensitive position, i would have a crash before it wipes
      11-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #5
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-135i View Post
More to the point, what can I do about it without spending too much money ? Its usless now even in the most sensitive position, i would have a crash before it wipes

I'd take it back to the dealer and tell them it doesn't work properly, and I'm not taking the car home until it does. They need to get on the phone with a BMW rep and figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #6
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

I tried that, they tested it against another car and said it works the same so it ok !!!!!!!!! It either works or it doesn't. What planet do they come from ?