BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-14-2008, 09:26 AM   #45
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helgeson View Post
I see your point BJDrew, but I think there is more to it than that; it's a cultural question - turbo or not! Personally, I don't think turbo is BMWs thing, really (not since the 2002 Turbo, at least).
I prefer the 130i over 135i: just classic BMW 3-liter I6. Absolutely no lag and better sound, I dare say. Not that much slower, either. With Shell V-Power fuel and the BMW performance intake and exhaust, I guess it packs a solid 275 hp (at least)!

With discount, the exhaust will be just below 800 Euro installed (in Germany). Not cheap, but less than in Sweden and I think it will go nicely with the intake. Pretty sure the sound will be awsome!
SO how is the intake/exhaust working out for you? DId you get it dynoed yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 05:20 AM   #46
Helgeson
1-maniac
Rep
Drives:

No... got sick on the day that was planned for (a big BMW-meeting here in southern Sweden. SO typical. Now, I don't have anything planned.
I am satisfied. The response is even better and then we have the sound...
And maybe, there is slightly, slightly more punch around 6-6500 rpm...
But perhaps one could have expected a little more than that given the ambitious pricing. However, the parts seem to be of high quality and should last quite a while.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Appreciate 0