BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
dougiedude
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sprt/ 05 Lotus Elise

Autocross Sunday, Nov. 7

I just registered for the Peachtree Chapter BMW CCA Autocross happening this weekend. I believe it's the last one of the year, and the weather looks like it will be good: cool and sunny!!

This will be my first driving event with my 'One', and I was hoping to see some others there this weekend, but so far, I'm the only 'ONE' registered.

Come on 'ONE's, come out to Lake Lanier Islands and have some funLet's show them what our car will do!

You can register at www.MotorsportReg.com, and you don't have to be a member of the club, but you'll pay $35, instead of $30 for BMW CCA members.

Here's the direct link:https://www.motorsportreg.com/index....D1758BB2430A3D

Better Hurry! Registration end 2pm tomorrow (Thurs)

I really hope I see other 'ONE's out there...Good LUCK!
Doug

Last edited by dougiedude; 11-03-2010 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: more gusto
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 08:24 PM   #2
dougiedude
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Oh, and BTW, I was thinking I might head over to the Caffeine and Octane Cruise-In at the Avenues, East Cobb around 8am before heading over to Lanier Is. one hour later.

So, if you can't make it to the Autocross, at least come to see the hundreds of beautiful cars at the cruise-in; it's pretty awesome if you've never seen it...
      11-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
lazy135i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Dang, I wish I could make it out to this one. The last one I ran was in May and I had a blast, also the only 1 that day, and if my tires were in better shape I would definatly come join you out there.

I have been to a few Caffeine and Octane meets and there is usually another 1 out there other than mine but never get a chance to meet the guy until I see him driving off! The cops have gotten really bad out there as of late it seems, I enjoy hearing the Lambos and other exotic cars get on it leaving the parking lot but oh well =[
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #4
dougiedude
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Hey, Lazy, I'm wondering how our car does in the Autocrosses compared to some of the other Bimmers. Seems the smaller size and more nimble handling might offer some advantage, especially for slalom.

I don't have 'sticky' tires, so perhaps the colder conditions expected Sunday will negate some of the advantages for those with 'sticky's...

Sorry you won't make it, but maybe we'll run into each other another time. Looks like I will be the only 'ONE' since registration is now closed. Still it ought to be fun running with the 'M's in D class...
      11-05-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
lazy135i
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Yea, I hate how we are 1 point over into the D class with the M's but what can we do haha. Last time I did fairly well on the run flats but the day took its toll for sure on them, they are still melted a bit!

I did give one of the regulars a ride in the 1, he drives the SICK M3 hatch, and he was overly impressed with the car. I am to minus the many warrenty issues I have ran into thus far which surprises me from a BMW but that isn't going to stop me from having a blast in it!

I hope to be a lot more active next year in the BMWCCA but hopefully we will have a meet between now and then so we can meet up!
Appreciate 0