BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-19-2012, 11:24 PM   #1
matacuero
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135I Stage 2 Dinan

1 Happy PTF client

Incredible times with my 135 thanks to PTF Jake Hershorin

2009 135
CPE Intercooler
CPE Chargepipe/Tial BOV
CPE Downpipes
Injen DCI
Stock catted mids
Active Autowerke axleback

COBB protuned by PTF Jake Hershorin

Fuel: E85/93 mix of 40/60

OEM wheels with street tires (Proxes R1Rs)
Weighed car during event at 3340lbs
Temperature for the day 44-51 degrees
Humidity was 55% to 63% during my runs

Total of 5 runs in the 11s
We left immediately after the 11.76 run as I had other commitments. Kind of regret leaving as every pass was faster. The 11.76 pass was the third consecutive pass (no waiting due to very few cars), so car was running great, definitely no kind of heatsoak whatsoever or any other issues for that matter.

Previously ran Dinan Stage 2, 12.98 at 107 mph. Bought the COBB and immediately began using the Stage 2+ aggressive OTS maps with incredible change in power from the Dinan Tune.

Talked to Jake and he immediately was able to set time aside and work with me personally which was a big plus. The results speak for themselves but in addition to that, Jake answered all my questions and exercised much patience with me as I felt that my car "was running slower" after his tune and kept "nagging him" about it.

I think this had to do more with the smoothness of the power which is a testament to his expertise and the driveability of the COBB tune. Not to mention I drove this E85 mix for about 3 weeks, so I probably got used to it as time went by. He advised me to stay with the E85 40/60 mix (originally I was thinking a minimum of 50/50) keeping safety and reliability a priority while still trying to get me MY POWER WHICH I JUST HAD TO HAVE! lol...

It's great having a local guy that can get in the car with you while you do the pulls, teach you the correct way to datalog, explain the process, etc. etc. However, for folks thinking about etuning, my first time out with Jake was 32 degrees so the car kept breaking traction so we decided to finish my E85 map by corresponding through emails. It worked flawlessly. So don't hesitate to etune with Jake, he KNOWS what he is doing.

Don't criticize my video which I gave my son full permission to edit and make it a little fun. He did his best. Had trouble inserting the video, but below is the youtube link. Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
DRedman45
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E86 //M coupe

^video isn't coming up
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
matacuero
Private First Class
Rep

Beats, me...that's the link again. Maybe I will ask my son if he can post it tomorrow. Don't know what's up. ??
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
DRedman45
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E86 //M coupe

something got fixed haha...the first 4 times i tried it wouldn't come up...very solid times, what kind of 60's were you cutting?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #5
matacuero
Private First Class
Rep

Best 60 ft was for the 11.76 pass, it was 1.94. That's it!

Don't really know why the car's et and trap speed was so fast. I have the basic full bolt ons minus the midpipes which are still stock. And I don't have the most aggressive COBB tuning yet, possibly next year I will give it a try and push a little more. Will also get better tires and those light kosei wheels.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
n54door
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 135i 6AT FBO - MHD Tuned

Another thread showing how much of a waste Dinan tunes are. Dinan makes money off over conservative people with money to blow and who know nothing about the alternatives. The warranty is such a joke - they are hardly pushing the car over stock, what could seriously go wrong?

Congrats man, she is a beast - no thanks to Dinan whatsoever!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
matacuero
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Another thread showing how much of a waste Dinan tunes are. Dinan makes money off over conservative people with money to blow and who know nothing about the alternatives. The warranty is such a joke - they are hardly pushing the car over stock, what could seriously go wrong?

Congrats man, she is a beast - no thanks to Dinan whatsoever!
This is what can go wrong....1-you can save money, 2-you can resell the tune, 3- you can change how aggressive/conservative you want to be, 4- you can match COBB to other non-cobb mods (Dinan doesn't want to warranty if you don't buy for example their 1600.00 dollar intercooler, 1600 dollar oil cooler, 1200.00 dollar intake, etc. etc., they will debate you on warranty coverage), 5- you can return car back to stock within 10 mins (you would have to go to Dinan dealership to remove flash, will be free with the exception of LABOR which they will charge at 100.00 per hour).

Wait your question was what could go WRONG!! I thought you wanted to know what could go RIGHT!
I guess I don't know the answer to that first question. Other than you can save about 7K which is what would cost you to go Dinan Stage 3 (remember all their mods must be installed) and you can put it in the bank as piece of mind in case something does go wrong at some point with your COBB tune.

Wait that's another answer for what can go right....dude I don't know....I apologize.
Appreciate 0