BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-06-2010, 01:42 AM   #1
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Track day at QR or Lakeside on Feb 12

Just got an email from Angus of the local Qld BMW club. 'Gus runs most of the trackdays for the club. I hope to get along if I'm back in town and can escape from work. If you're interested, let me know / PM me and I'll send you Gus's contact details.
Here's an excerpt.

"Our options are afternoon sessions at either QR or Lakeside, but I'm going to need 25 starters to make it work.Could you please get back to me as soon as possible so that I can get the ball rolling.Cost will be the usual $175 per car and $75 for additional drivers ... and if we get the numbers we will definitely run passengers.EVERYONE IS WELCOME nomatter what car you choose to fling around the track.

Happy New Year everyone,

Gus."

Cheers, Tim.
      01-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
imported_Dizzy
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i

Hi Tim

I am keen to come is the date the 12 Feb or 12 March

Dizzy
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_Dizzy View Post
Hi Tim

I am keen to come is the date the 12 Feb or 12 March

Dizzy
Friday the 12th February Dizzy. I'll PM you Gus' details/email.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #4
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Update. Now Feb 5th at Lakeside Raceway. Here's an excerpt from the latest email.

"Unfortunately neither Lakeside or QR are available on the 12th any longer as there is always a bigger fish wanting to test their new cars for next season, or unveil an all new Cama....... ah I shouldn't say. We now have Friday 5th February at Lakeside absolutely, 100%, guaranteed, lock in 'A' Eddie ... yes ... the answer is Lakeside!

The format will be gates opening at 8am for a 9am start on the track. If you have current lap times for Lakeside could you please pass them on so I can put together some groups. These are casual days geared toward driver improvement through the craft of car control and awareness. Although we enjoy going quick, this is the foundation and driver training as the priority. It also happens to be loads of fun and an activity that is really growing in interest, especially as there will be NO RADAR TRAPS anywhere on the track. Fire extinguishers are an excellent idea and are a cheap insurance policy to have under the front of your drivers seat.

Lunch will be pizza from Narangba's gourmet italian pizza joint (downtown Sicily I swear) at Noon for about half an hour, then back into afternoon sessions after some restricted passenger rides. Passengers do need to sign indemnities and will be limited to drivers with at least 5 Lakeside trackdays up their sleeve as safety is always the priority.

Cost is $180 pre-paid / $220 on the day which includes lunch. Numbers will be limited to 35 cars. Additional drivers who wish to share the car in the same group there is no cost. Cost for additional drivers who wish to drive in another group is $120. Passengers rides are $40, drivers free.
"
      01-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #5
imported_Dizzy
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i

Sorry Tim i will be away but would have loved to of come. post pics after
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 05:46 AM   #6
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia