BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-05-2015, 04:38 AM   #1
zbrit00x
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Headlights no longer work on 135i

Long story short, found some condensation in one of my lenses.
That night I realized headlights were not turning on and the error lights were on the dash.

My lows and highs do now work, but my halos do.
Checked the fuses and they look good.

Anybody been in the same boat as me? Any idea if it's the headlight control unit or just the bulb/ballasts?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
Dilmorecg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 50i

This is a very common problem. Its likely the back covers arent seated correctly. If you have any water or condensation in your lights you need to dry them out ASAP. Do a search on how to do that.

Hopefully you can save them...usually when they break on people its thousands to fix. Did you install new lights recently?
      06-13-2015, 04:55 AM   #3
mechavore884
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: the fat mobile

sounds like the ignitor (or ballast whatever) got cooked. I had the same thing happen to me and a friend had to replace the seals to the headlight housing and a new ballast. Not too bad honestly.....I had it situated in an hour or so (and no need to replace the headlight blah blah blah)
6MT/CDV Delete/Injen Intake/berk race exhaust/ Cyba Scoops/ECS cryo rotors/Axxis ultimate pads/H&R coils/BBS LM-esque lol/BMW PE front/whiteline sway/and did i mention 2200 at 1 ohm ...eyeing the auto diff currently
Appreciate 0