BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #1
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Reputable shop for Turbo/LSD swap - SFL

Looking for a reputable shop other than Active (I just hate the fact they treat you like they don't want your business). Talking on the phone or in person, seems like a burden to them.

So any Miami, FTL or even Palm Beach shops if they do good work. My turbos died, I need to swap them out for RBs, install an LSD and some other work, like replacing the Radiator support bracket.

Thanks for any advice.
      12-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Rodzilla
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Talk to Jordan Russ at Custom Vehicle Designs (786) 565-9085. He can do RB turbos and anything else you need.

Eibach frontsway,BMS JB4,AFE Drop InBerk Street Axleback, H&R SPORT SPRINGS,Active Autowerke DP's ,Active Autowerke BOV,Active Autowerke FMIC , BMWPEDALS.COM, JB SPEED Black Grills,Alpina B3 TCU Flash
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
Will@P
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Miami Performance Inc

http://www.facebook.com/MiamiPerform...ervice?fref=ts

Ask for Joaquin and tell him I sent you!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
Talk to Jordan Russ at Custom Vehicle Designs (786) 565-9085. He can do RB turbos and anything else you need.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will@PRS View Post
Miami Performance Inc

http://www.facebook.com/MiamiPerform...ervice?fref=ts

Ask for Joaquin and tell him I sent you!
Thanks
      12-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #5
NKatsim
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BSM/Coral Red 135 Vert

Garage List
Check out paw motorsports in Miami and ask for Luis. He speacializes in BMW/mini and works on many 135's and has one himself as a dd which is a beast. Man know his S++t and is honest and trustworthy. He'll take good care of you...tell him Nick sent you.

QUOTE=yandy;13092218]Looking for a reputable shop other than Active (I just hate the fact they treat you like they don't want your business). Talking on the phone or in person, seems like a burden to them.

So any Miami, FTL or even Palm Beach shops if they do good work. My turbos died, I need to swap them out for RBs, install an LSD and some other work, like replacing the Radiator support bracket.

Thanks for any advice.[/QUOTE]
      12-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Thanks man, will check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKatsim View Post
Check out paw motorsports in Miami and ask for Luis. He speacializes in BMW/mini and works on many 135's and has one himself as a dd which is a beast. Man know his S++t and is honest and trustworthy. He'll take good care of you...tell him Nick sent you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandy View Post
Looking for a reputable shop other than Active (I just hate the fact they treat you like they don't want your business). Talking on the phone or in person, seems like a burden to them.

Thanks for any advice.
      12-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Car's at PAW right now getting checked over. Luis was great, and really helpful. I decided to leave it there, just from walking in, I think there were there 1 series in the shop. There was one that he did the RB/DIFF install, which is what I'm eventually looking for.

Hopefully I hear back soon, and we can move on from there.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKatsim View Post

Quote:

Thanks for any advice.
      12-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
NKatsim
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BSM/Coral Red 135 Vert

Garage List
No problem, your welcome! Last time I was there he showed me a white 135 with rb/diff which was insane. Have him show you his 135...he took me out in it and I was blown away with the power its producing. If he takes you for a spin, make sure that you haven't eaten anything because it will come up. Lol
Your car is in great hands...
Nick

Quote:
Car's at PAW right now getting checked over. Luis was great, and really helpful. I decided to leave it there, just from walking in, I think there were there 1 series in the shop. There was one that he did the RB/DIFF install, which is what I'm eventually looking for.

Hopefully I hear back soon, and we can move on from there.

Thanks for the recommendation.
      12-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
RedM1
Dirty South 1 Owner!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i

curious how much RB/Diff would cost..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #10
omar14711
Rep
Drives: 2008 white 135i

Yandy how was your experience with paw,,,
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar14711 View Post
Yandy how was your experience with paw,,,
It was and still is great! Luis is a standup guy and does quality work.