BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

04-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
Canefan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Monaco Blue 135i

DCI Questions

I recently removed my JB+ because the car was going in for service and I didn't want to have any issues. It's a PITA to install and remove in the 135 because you have to remove the airbox. I was preparing to put it back in when I got the idea that if I have to remove the airbox, why not install a DCI while I'm at it. The car is otherwise stock and I have no plans to mod it further than the JB+ at this time. So, my question is obviously, is it worth it on an otherwise stock car? I've scoured the forums and there are answers on both sides of whether or not it makes more or less power. Is it worth it for the sound alone? How exactly does it change the sound of the car? Does the exhaust note change at all? Sorry for all of the questions, but I just need a little help deciding.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Performance benefits and filtration have been argued to death, so I won't touch that. Sound will increase with a DCI. You will hear a whistle/whine when the turbos spool and the intake/exhaust note will sound deeper under acceleration.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
do it! you'll love it
Appreciate 0