BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #23
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
One member said that there is also chatter at 2200 rpm driving the car. Please be honest and rate comfort/noise level compared to oem dual mass flywheel. I know that it is very reliable better response much better grip and longevity. But how about lets say driving slow in the city and noise when people outside walking close to your car?
It's noticeable, but -- at least to me --not annoying. It's there, but in the background and not particularly loud.

Mind you, I had a double-disc clutch in my '99 M Coupe with a super lightweight fly, so I may have more tolerance than most....

Neil
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 02:43 AM   #24
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackkk View Post
Got the same problem on 33000 km. I run the PTF st.2+ around 450 hp and 660 Nm.
I usually happens when I go from 3rg to the 4th gear on around 6000-6500 RPM on the maximum power. Now I'm thinking about getting the Spec st.2+ and single mass steel flywheel. Plus will have the CDV deleted.

I tryied the car with the Sash clutch and stock flywheel (CDV deleted) and it was hard to go slow because of vibrations of the flywheel. When you go on traffic jam this will be hard to handle this, that is whe I want to change my flywheel, to reduse this vibration on the low RPM.
You will get much more vibrations with single mass flywheel and loud chatter look on youtube
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #25
chachacha28
NCOIC of Kickin It
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08 135i "Simona"

i have a spec ltw flywheel on my car, and it is loud. it sounds like a 90s diesel at idle with out pushing the clutch. people constantly ask what is wrong with my car.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #26
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeedee View Post
i have a spec ltw flywheel on my car, and it is loud. it sounds like a 90s diesel at idle with out pushing the clutch. people constantly ask what is wrong with my car.
Any other bad things like vibrations at some RPMs or something?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #27
chachacha28
NCOIC of Kickin It
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08 135i "Simona"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
Any other bad things like vibrations at some RPMs or something?
nope, never had anything like that. its only when the clutch is disengaged, or when slipping in 1st gear. after i get rolling, you would never know.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #28
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

With 19K on my clock my clutch is still like new. Our customers are very happy with Clutchmaster FX300 and 400 series clutches when come time for replacement.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 09:59 AM   #29
Dirk
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe

My Beloved 1M is booked in tomorrow to get my clutch checked out.. only have 22000 km's on my car and she started to slip in 4th and 5th at about 2500-3000 rpm today.. I could cry.. Its had two power steering pumps changed as well. FML
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 09:59 PM   #30
humakan
Registered
Rep
Drives: 11 bmw 135

I I replace my un 28k still under my warranty and now I have my stage 2+ stell flywheel and I love it QUOTE=NihonX;14721910]My clutch didn't start slipping until around 48,000 miles (No typo there). Also, I was fully modded putting down around 435whp (450+wtq) for about 40,000 of those miles.
Once I started slipping I went back to stock and the clutch was able to catch without problems.
I am way past my warranty. [/QUOTE]
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 12:46 AM   #31
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

I can relate to original poster as if it was my own feedback.

I am at 21K and am just not feeling the power at WOT. After some hard driving or stop and go traffic I definitely can feel slipping in 1st gear especially. Driving the car daily for 3 years I am very in tune with it. I am stock 100% mechanically and did so to try and avoid this sort of thing.

It's not yet to the point that the tach noticeably shows a mismatch between engine and trans but it certainly feels that way from my experience. I cannot get slip at high load low RPM 6th gear which is my traditional test for life.

I do drive my car hard, mostly city. Am on my 3rd set of PSS if that's any indication. But I have had a daily driven manual car since 2006 continuously and am always matching my revs up and down and babying the clutch it 1st. Have all of about 3 launches, sub 4k RPM over these years.

I am starting to think that an oil leak is the more likely culprit. I just do not see my clutch not having life this quickly. I know we have a lot of torque but this is over the top wear.

I wonder how many claims we can put together. I work at a BMW dealer and there is even a technician here who has a 1M himself. Maybe we can just and get a case opened so that it is a known issue?

Jordan
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #32
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by l888apex View Post

I am at 21K and am just not feeling the power at WOT. After some hard driving or stop and go traffic I definitely can feel slipping in 1st gear especially. Driving the car daily for 3 years I am very in tune with it. I am stock 100% mechanically and did so to try and avoid this sort of thing.

It's not yet to the point that the tach noticeably shows a mismatch between engine and trans but it certainly feels that way from my experience. I cannot get slip at high load low RPM 6th gear which is my traditional test for life.

I do drive my car hard, mostly city. Am on my 3rd set of PSS if that's any indication. But I have had a daily driven manual car since 2006 continuously and am always matching my revs up and down and babying the clutch it 1st. Have all of about 3 launches, sub 4k RPM over these years.

I am starting to think that an oil leak is the more likely culprit. I just do not see my clutch not having life this quickly. I know we have a lot of torque but this is over the top wear.

I wonder how many claims we can put together. I work at a BMW dealer and there is even a technician here who has a 1M himself. Maybe we can just and get a case opened so that it is a known issue?

Jordan
Normally a clutch doesn't start slipping in first gear. Generally happens under heavy load in higher gears. Are you sure it's not your tires spinning?

Neil
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 12:43 AM   #33
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDORPHN
Quote:
Originally Posted by l888apex View Post

Jordan
Normally a clutch doesn't start slipping in first gear. Generally happens under heavy load in higher gears. Are you sure it's not your tires spinning?

Neil
I don't know, I suppose some of the slippage is possibly wheel spin, although my PSS are fresh (2k miles) and it never spun here before.

When I was referring to first gear I meant mostly at the point of engagement from a complete stop. Don't think it's wheel spin but I do normally drive with DSC off FWIW.
Appreciate 0