BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #23
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
Does it work with ordinary Sports and FSDs?
No, as it was designed around a coilover setup with 60m mor 2.25" springs and not oem profile.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 04:05 AM   #24
SiN55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Yes, Vorshlag plates are of a modular design. All you need is the KW V3 top perches.
Is there any problem because of springs on KW3? Heard about some problems but I'm not shure.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 10:49 AM   #25
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiN55 View Post
Is there any problem because of springs on KW3? Heard about some problems but I'm not shure.
Vorshlag with KW V series perches are proven. No issues that I know of. What have you heard?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #26
GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
^^ I remember Orb's posts about some kind of measuring problem. I imagine that got fixed long ago.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 03:16 PM   #27
icabod7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryS View Post
^^ I remember Orb's posts about some kind of measuring problem. I imagine that got fixed long ago.
Just read that post a couple of days ago:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233044

Can someone, maybe Harold, let us know whether Orb's concern has been addressed in this newest iteration of Vorshlag camber plates?
cdv delete | clutch stop | bmw performance ssk | meisterschaft gt | berk mids | dinan cai | helix fmic | m3 subframe bushings, swaybar, front and back suspension bits | dinan stage 1 suspension | dinan cf strut brace |gc camber plates | dinan oil cooler | apex ec-7s w/PSSs | cobb stage 1 + fmic
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 11:46 PM   #28
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by icabod7 View Post
Just read that post a couple of days ago:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233044

Can someone, maybe Harold, let us know whether Orb's concern has been addressed in this newest iteration of Vorshlag camber plates?
That is an old thread. The fact is they cannot fix this unless they change the design. They know about the many problems and so does at least one race team who use to use their product. Anyone who is paying attention will realize the stack height is wrong and you will lose travel with a OEM spring or race springs. If you want to look the other way then by all means buy them.

Try Ground control at least it is well executed design and the stack heights are correct. KW camber plates are going to be the quiet since they do have isolation, some spring force line compensation and they are sealed.

Camber plates with no thrust bearing are best seen at the bottom of garbage can. This means TC Kline and the rest of the junk out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #29
dsm 335xi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
TC Kline has some new camber plates.

http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs...Details811.cfm
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2012, 11:25 PM   #30
MinionM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 // 2020 M2CS

Bump for an old thread....

I have stock suspension and am looking to get Camber plates to improve handling for Autox-ing...

From what i am reading so far, the two options if you have stock Susp. are the Ground Control or Vorshlag...

Here is my question - Which one will work best with stock susp. and which one is easiest to adjust?? I believe i read that they both offer up to -3deg, correct?

ALSO - I plan to get a set of springs soon... but want the camber plates first... using a set-up for "Stock Susp." will it still work if i get a set of H&R or Eibach springs?

THANKS!

Current Garage:
2012 M3 ZCP, Mineral White, DCT: Track Build
2020 M2CS, Misano Blue, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #31
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM135 View Post
Bump for an old thread....

I have stock suspension and am looking to get Camber plates to improve handling for Autox-ing...

From what i am reading so far, the two options if you have stock Susp. are the Ground Control or Vorshlag...

Here is my question - Which one will work best with stock susp. and which one is easiest to adjust?? I believe i read that they both offer up to -3deg, correct?

ALSO - I plan to get a set of springs soon... but want the camber plates first... using a set-up for "Stock Susp." will it still work if i get a set of H&R or Eibach springs?

THANKS!
Ground Control actually has 3 plates, street, hybrid, and race. I'm using the ground control street plates which don't have the metal bearings of the race plates. Vorshlag has has the metal bearings like the ground control race plates, but can work with OE or OE style springs like H&R. Both are easy to adjust and should offer similar max camber. It's limited by the opening up top. For street use, I like the GC Street plates, but if you want something more aggressive, the Vorshlag ones are great plates. Also, the GC street plates don't adjust caster, but the race plates do, and the Vorshlag plates do. I don't mind the lack of caster adjustment since it let's you get max camber, and there is a small amount of caster adjustment to let you even out the sides, but not change it much.
      09-17-2012, 01:25 AM   #32
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post
So far I have experience with 2 camber plates:
- Dinan
- Vorshlaq

I used the Dinan for about 6 months and there were no issues. The camber just wasn't aggressive enough for autox (somewhere around 1.5 deg).

Just installed the Vorshlaq camber plates this last weekend with the Dinan suspension (stock size springs, koni struts) and while the process is a pain to install them, it was pretty straight forward. So far I've had no noise from the plates, but I can see how some would. You need to re-use the stock rubber protector ring at the top of the springs, that way there's no metal on metal contact. If you leave out the rubber ring you'll have metal on metal rubbing and probably noise.

So far, I would definitely recommend using the vorshlaq's. You can move the strut the full play within the upper strut mount, which gives you max negative camber without modifying the chassis.
Did you measure how much the Dinan plates raised the front of the car?
      09-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #33
fboutlaw
Cone Cruncher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Did you measure how much the Dinan plates raised the front of the car?
Dinan plates are really just a single piece of metal. It's roughly 1/8" thick, which would directly result in height raise in the front.

On my car I didn't measure. Sorry.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #34
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post
Dinan plates are really just a single piece of metal. It's roughly 1/8" thick, which would directly result in height raise in the front.

On my car I didn't measure. Sorry.
I had them on my car before the ground control plates. I measured mine, and they are exactly 1/8" thick, so that's how much they will raise the car. Not something I noticed though.
      09-19-2012, 12:27 PM   #35
MinionM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 // 2020 M2CS

Do any of you know is the "stock" style GC camber plates will work with Koni Yellows??

I just bought these ad some eibach springs that I wan to pair with konis but I am not sure if these cner plates are compatible with the Koni yellows

Current Garage:
2012 M3 ZCP, Mineral White, DCT: Track Build
2020 M2CS, Misano Blue, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #36
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt97m3 View Post
Ground Control actually has 3 plates, street, hybrid, and race. I'm using the ground control street plates which don't have the metal bearings of the race plates. Vorshlag has has the metal bearings like the ground control race plates, but can work with OE or OE style springs like H&R. Both are easy to adjust and should offer similar max camber. It's limited by the opening up top. For street use, I like the GC Street plates, but if you want something more aggressive, the Vorshlag ones are great plates. Also, the GC street plates don't adjust caster, but the race plates do, and the Vorshlag plates do. I don't mind the lack of caster adjustment since it let's you get max camber, and there is a small amount of caster adjustment to let you even out the sides, but not change it much.
What information do we have on the GC hybrid plates? Looking to pair them with Ohlins R&T soon.