BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
jc_lbc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 318ti

DCT "Programming"

So, after about 1k on my car I've found I have no use for first gear in almost any daily driving scenario. The car starts from a stop more smoothly out of second but it's always downshifting to first even if I stick it in manual mode. When sitting in stop and go traffic I'd much rather it stop at second unless I specifically request first but it goes all the way down once I dip below around 1k RPM—even in manual mode. If you switch it up to second quickly after it shifts to first it will stick there but that's pretty counter-intuitive IMO.

So I know that the software is supposed to "adapt" to your driving style but how much will it adapt and how long will it take? Does manual mode adapt or is it just fully auto mode that does? And does anyone actually know more about how the adaption routines work? I also wonder if there would/could be an aftermarket solution for manipulating the shift programming...
Appreciate 0