BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #89
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
They definitely offer remote dyno tuning on their website. I think the reason why they told Ian they could only do street datalog tuning was for a couple reasons. One is probably because he paid for the street datalog tune and the dyno tune costs $100 more. Second is probably because when you do the remote dyno tune, you need to do it all once in one sessions. I.e. dyno pull/log, change map, pull again, change again etc etc until they're happy. This would require also hiring time on a dyno.
The PTF dyno is in-person... i.e. one of the PTF tuners is on-site a PTF dyno to tune the car on the dyno. I don't think that they offer a remote dyno service
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that I read in at least a few places that they do. I think you need to hook your laptop up to your computer and maybe they use gotomeeting or some other program to control your laptop to make map changes etc.

Quote:
Local Tuning is performed in the areas our tuners are located. If you are local or able to travel to either Rockville, MD, USA or Mississauga, ON, Canada we would love to work with you in person. We offer streetTUNING, dynoTUNING, trackTUNING, and now remote dynoTUNING. There are additional charges for dynoTUNING / remote dynoTUNING (approximately 200$ for dyno time) and track tuning (approximately 100$ depending on proximity of the track and admission fees).
Found it on the website. Though maybe by remote they mean if you fly them out to your area lol.
      09-15-2013, 01:07 AM   #90
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

I would be more interested in track tuning .
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2013, 08:45 PM   #91
1Matt
Rep
Drives: OneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
My Cobb, FMIC, Midpipes and Intake are one their way... Looks like I'll ne having a chat with PTF soon...

Question: Can you do the pulls on a Dyno so as to avoid potential loss of licence?
Just got the car back after adding the ETS FMIC, MAdDad mids, ETS 5" FMIC. The MadDad mids sound *fantatsic*. Wet day here in Sydney so haven't been able to get a good sense of power increase. Will change up the Cobb tune to the aggressive with FMIC after a few days to see how that feels. Must admit have been happy with the pre-loaded Cobb tunes.

BMW 1M AW - Cobb AP / Aggressive ST, MadDad mids, ETS 5" FMIC, ER CP, 18inch m3 wheels/ Toyo proxy 888s semis, Vorshlag Camber plates, PF08 pads, PF front rotors.

Track day EC Wednesday and praying for a dry track - woohoo!

* Thanks Ian for the guidance on some of these mods.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #92
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that I read in at least a few places that they do. I think you need to hook your laptop up to your computer and maybe they use gotomeeting or some other program to control your laptop to make map changes etc.

Found it on the website. Though maybe by remote they mean if you fly them out to your area lol.
Yes they do offer remote dyno tuning, a certain 135i owner with vargas turbos had the remote tune performed by ptf.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #93
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
Yes, but seems to have been taken off the website now
http://www.protuningfreaks.com/featu...otune-bmw.html

It's still there but you just need to press on the drop down menus. N54 -> Cobb AP -> Remote dynoTUNE (+$100)
      09-17-2013, 02:27 AM   #94
yawn
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

I know it's been said before but I'll say it again - there is no going past a protune. Just got a revised map back from these guys - I thought ots maps were the bomb but the maps you get back after logging are on a totally different level. Smoothness of power delivery is smooth as if not smoother than stock. Can't recommend these guys enough.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #95
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Do you think that you gained any more power or is it all about refinement?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #96
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

Can i join in to the GB if i'm not from australia? =)
Appreciate 0