BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW Z3 Coupe

DIY- ETS Charge pipe N55

This is very good preventative maintenance if you are pushing over stock boost levels. I have seen a few threads now about the factory one breaking under pressure. I got this for $199 shipped. I am not sure if that deal is still going on now.

Step 1: Take off the factory air intake. I took everything off from the air scoops back to make it easier.

Step 2: Take the factory charge pipe off. There is a hose clamp on one end, and a ring on the other. Unscrew the sensor on the back of the charge pipe. This step was very easy.

Step 3: I installed the sensor into the ETS charge pipe first which made it a lot easier to line up the screws. Now you have to position the hoses perfectly with the charge pipe and get everything to line up. This gave me a rough time, it was a lot of trial and error to get it to fit correctly. I eventually got it to work out after a lot of frustration.

And one shot with everything all back together. The ETS pipe looks way better than stock. It doesnt stand out, which is why I went with the flat black.
      03-08-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Wicked_Bimmer135i
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Beuatiful Bro I Just Got My Yesterday Sitting In The Garage Just Waiting To Go Pick Up My New 135i 2012 At The Port Of Hueneme. I Also Went With The Injen Intake And The Afe Downpipe Catless. So Tell Me How Are You Liking Your Setup. Was The Money Well Worth It?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #3
Wicked_Bimmer135i
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnip Gnop
This is very good preventative maintenance if you are pushing over stock boost levels. I have seen a few threads now about the factory one breaking under pressure. I got this for $199 shipped. I am not sure if that deal is still going on now.

Step 1: Take off the factory air intake. I took everything off from the air scoops back to make it easier.

Step 2: Take the factory charge pipe off. There is a hose clamp on one end, and a ring on the other. Unscrew the sensor on the back of the charge pipe. This step was very easy.

Step 3: I installed the sensor into the ETS charge pipe first which made it a lot easier to line up the screws. Now you have to position the hoses perfectly with the charge pipe and get everything to line up. This gave me a rough time, it was a lot of trial and error to get it to fit correctly. I eventually got it to work out after a lot of frustration.

And one shot with everything all back together. The ETS pipe looks way better than stock. It doesnt stand out, which is why I went with the flat black.
Looking good great post thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked_Bimmer135i View Post
Looking good great post thanks for sharing
Thanks for the kind words.

I love this setup. Afe intake, bmw ppk tune, and ets charge pipe. Turbo noise is very noticable, and a lot quicker than stock. I would do it all again if I had to.
      03-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Looks good. I'm glad my thread was able to get you to order one. Now you can not have to worry about the stock CP just randomly breaking.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
Gnip Gnop
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Looks good. I'm glad my thread was able to get you to order one. Now you can not have to worry about the stock CP just randomly breaking.
Yeah thanks a lot. Peace of mind goes a long way.
      08-08-2016, 09:58 AM   #7
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Bumping this old thread
...Because I need some feed back on this charge pipe. Mainly I want to know how is the fitment?
I did install an aftermarket c.pipe a few years ago, but was not happy with the fitment and removed it in two days. Still have it in my garage somewhere.
Took my boosted 135i yesterday to the track with my stock charge pipe and it got busted at the end of the second session. Had to cut that day short
My stock charge pipe has a lot of track miles, but finally it gave up.
Would like to replace it with an aftermarket one, but good fitment is important to me.
Any feedback will be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2016, 11:05 AM   #8
feche
Enlisted Member
Argentina
Rep
Drives: bmw 135i N55

http://cp-e.com/webstore2/product/bm...ipe-methcharg/

i just bought this and fits very well,

my question is, this charge pipe give me some more hp? tq? or something? jajajaja
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2016, 07:59 AM   #9
Yeineken
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i M Sport

Garage List
'11 135i  [8.20]
'16 Ford Hatchback  [0.00]
'15 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by feche View Post
http://cp-e.com/webstore2/product/bm...ipe-methcharg/

i just bought this and fits very well,

my question is, this charge pipe give me some more hp? tq? or something? jajajaja
Just the satisfaction of it not popping off going down the highway! No HP or TQ gains.
      01-31-2017, 05:24 AM   #10
Obiwan31
France
Rep
Drives: 135i - N55 - DKG

When I installed my ER CP, I had to remove the O-ring seal (intake side) from the OEM CP and re-install it on the ER CP before setting it.
Appreciate 0