BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

View Poll Results: Which one do you recommend?
Eisenmann Race Exhaust 7 22.58%
BMW Performance Exhaust 16 51.61%
Meisterschaft Sus GT 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

11-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Lightbulb Need Help: Best Axle Back!!

Hi guys, so here is the story. Maybe some of you realize that I have posted quite a lot of thread about axle back exhaust for my N55 E82 135i. I'm doing the research for axle back since two months ago and now it's getting more complicated as I find more pros and cons of certain exhaust brands. Whether how it sounds, the price, fitment or whatsoever. Here I really need your thought and opinion about where should I go or which one should I choose base on your reasoning.

So basically I don't really want to swap my mid pipe with aftermarket one or in other words I will keep my N55 mid pipe. Some people said for certain brands I have to change the mid as well to produces wonderful sound but some brands are not required to because the axle back itself sounds wonderful. Many brands were in my mind before I was doing the research, but now it's keep to three options, which are Meisterschaft, Eisenmann, and BMW Performance Exhaust.

Previously,I chose Meisterschaft Sus GT but many people said I have to change the mid as well because it sounds just okay using my stock mid and from there I went to Eisenmann Race that would be plus minus cost the same if I decide to buy a mid pipe along with Meisterschaft Sus-GT. The last option just came out of my mind after some members mention it to me that BMW Performance Exhaust sounds really great when combine with PPK, but I have no idea about the truth.

For your information, my commute will be around the city. During weekend I might go farther to enjoy the car itself but mostly stop n go. Personally, I preferred deep sound in low rpm and okay sound during high rpm. I know in terms of drone both Meisterschaft and Eisenmann are not the best choice but I can live with medium amount of drone since usually I turn on the radio every time I enter the car. Also, most important will be perfect fitment with stock diffuser since I plan to do mod on the diffuser later on but not now.

Tell me what do you think guys. Appreciate any inputs. Let me know what do you think on those brands and give me your reason why do you choose or why I shouldn't go with that brand. You might as well recommend other brand guys. Thanks a lot!
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #2
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

A few thoughts..

1. All three choices are excellent, theyll all produce wonderful tone and you wont have any issues with fitment. Thosr are 3 of the highest quality options out there imo.
2. you do NOT "need" aftermarket mids to make any of these systems sound great, its just a supplement that puts it over the top imo. Sus gt with n55 mids will sound awesome.
3. If i were choosing between those and cost was not a primary concern, id go eisenmann. Akra is the only company with higher quality stuff, maybe kresseig.
4. Im getting my car back from the shop this evening, by weeks end ill get you some gopro footage of the car under wot and other conditions.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
haitham87
Private First Class
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 135i, JB4, AA BOV, PE

PE with n55 mids sounds the best personally.. It makes the true BMW sound.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
A few thoughts..

1. All three choices are excellent, theyll all produce wonderful tone and you wont have any issues with fitment. Thosr are 3 of the highest quality options out there imo.
2. you do NOT "need" aftermarket mids to make any of these systems sound great, its just a supplement that puts it over the top imo. Sus gt with n55 mids will sound awesome.
3. If i were choosing between those and cost was not a primary concern, id go eisenmann. Akra is the only company with higher quality stuff, maybe kresseig.
4. Im getting my car back from the shop this evening, by weeks end ill get you some gopro footage of the car under wot and other conditions.
Sure bud, video will help me a lot to choose between those 3! Why do you choose Eisenmann? Is it really better than Meisterschaft other than sounds?
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitham87 View Post
PE with n55 mids sounds the best personally.. It makes the true BMW sound.
Do you have sound clips of your exhaust sound? I'm just curious
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Meisterschaft is very well built, eisenmann is flawless. They both sound awesome...

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats
Meisterschaft is very well built, eisenmann is flawless. They both sound awesome...
Have you ever heard how Eisenmann sounds? Is it really loud compared to Meisterschaft? How's the drone of your exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 19
Quote:
Have you ever heard how Eisenmann sounds? Is it really loud compared to Meisterschaft? How's the drone of your exhaust?
Ive heard eisenmann setups, but that wasnt on a bmw, let alone an n54/5. Id imagine both exhausts would be in the same ballpark in terms of noise, both are fairly loud. I found the gthaus to drone a bit at lower revs, but it wasnt obnoxious. And swapping my n54 mids for the berks really cut down on it, i presume due to the large resonators.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
That_1_Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
MadDad Euro Street Series
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ive heard eisenmann setups, but that wasnt on a bmw, let alone an n54/5. Id imagine both exhausts would be in the same ballpark in terms of noise, both are fairly loud. I found the gthaus to drone a bit at lower revs, but it wasnt obnoxious. And swapping my n54 mids for the berks really cut down on it, i presume due to the large resonators.
Does the drone bothers you before you swap your mids? How about during the cruising? I really want to go with Eisenmann if it's really the best among those three but again I don't want an extreme drone that makes seating in my car like seating on a race car.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #11
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is

I have a 2013 135is which comes with the PPK2 including the gutted exhaust.

I'm hard pressed to change it, it sounds badass, especially when you bang a downshift from the DCT. Perhaps just a catless DP is all I need....
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #12
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHegeRm View Post
I have a 2013 135is which comes with the PPK2 including the gutted exhaust.

I'm hard pressed to change it, it sounds badass, especially when you bang a downshift from the DCT. Perhaps just a catless DP is all I need....
Dude, that's what I'm looking for! 135is, it knows that it comes with ppk2 and PE. Do you mind to record the sound of your exhaust for me? I haven't found any 135is exhaust sound and glad to hear that you're here! Let me know
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #13
tHegeRm
Got Turbs?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' Lemans Blue 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 19 View Post
Dude, that's what I'm looking for! 135is, it knows that it comes with ppk2 and PE. Do you mind to record the sound of your exhaust for me? I haven't found any 135is exhaust sound and glad to hear that you're here! Let me know
I could be bothered to do a little GoProing this weekend. I have heard from friends that it is simply a gutted stock exhaust (dunno if true) but if it is, you may be able to mod it a muffler shop to similar sound.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #14
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

No worries man if you don't feel like doing it. I don't need any go pro thing though, just simply phone recording during warm start and little rev just enough for me. Again, no worries if you don't want to do it. I heard it has ppk2 and tuned exhaust but don't know yet
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Anyone has Meisterschaft GT with stock N55 mids? Or Eisenmann Race with stock N55 mids?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #16
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
A few thoughts..

Did you get your car back? Can't wait to hear how Meisterschaft sounds with Berk mids. Let me know Pat!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did you get your car back? Can't wait to hear how Meisterschaft sounds with Berk mids. Let me know Pat!
I did indeed-my fault for not getting back to you earlier, I've been swamped at work and lazy over the weekend. I can take a few in cabin videos on the way home to show cruising noise at city speeds (<50mph), but the WOT videos will probably have to wait until this weekend, it's just too congested where I live to do during the work week, and the roads don't open up until after midnight. I'll post the videos in this thread, just remember a few things with regards to sound

1. I'm recording with a galaxy s3 phone, quality "is what it is"
2. It's beautiful out-i'm going top down. There will be more environmental noise than you will get in a coupe.
3. I have a DCI and removed the engine cowl, so there will likely be some air sucking/DI ticking noises that may not reflect your circumstances.

Stay tuned!

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #18
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Sure Pat
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #19
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I did indeed-my fault for not getting back to you earlier, I've been swamped at work and lazy over the weekend. I can take a few in cabin videos on the way home to show cruising noise at city speeds (&lt;50mph), but the WOT videos will probably have to wait until this weekend, it's just too congested where I live to do during the work week, and the roads don't open up until after midnight. I'll post the videos in this thread, just remember a few things with regards to sound

1. I'm recording with a galaxy s3 phone, quality "is what it is"
2. It's beautiful out-i'm going top down. There will be more environmental noise than you will get in a coupe.
3. I have a DCI and removed the engine cowl, so there will likely be some air sucking/DI ticking noises that may not reflect your circumstances.

Stay tuned!
No worries Pat! I'm just curious about it. Cruising sounds will be perfect. Also, don't do it if it bothers you. Wot will be good but again if it's too hard, I will be happy with inside cabin and start up sound with low rpm rev. Keep me posted bud
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #20
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No worries Pat! I'm just curious about it. Cruising sounds will be perfect. Also, don't do it if it bothers you. Wot will be good but again if it's too hard, I will be happy with inside cabin and start up sound with low rpm rev. Keep me posted bud
It doesn't bother me at all, it's just a time issue for the WOT stuff, you simply run out of safe real-estate too quickly in the DC area during the work week. This weekend I can def. get you some WOT pulls. When I leave the office tonight I'll film

1. cold start in the garage, this will be loud
2. pulling out of the garage, also loud
3. city cruising, at some point on the way home I should be able to let the engine stretch it's legs a bit, 4k revs or so.
4. top-up idle when the engine is totally warm, much quieter than a cold start obviously.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #21
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

I managed to get a few videos, but the sound quality is poor due to the sheer volume of white noise in DC during rush hour. Ill post them as an edit to this when im home tonight, it will probably be around midnight. expect MUCH better quality when i can strap up the gopro this weekend.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #22
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I managed to get a few videos, but the sound quality is poor due to the sheer volume of white noise in DC during rush hour. Ill post them as an edit to this when im home tonight, it will probably be around midnight. expect MUCH better quality when i can strap up the gopro this weekend.
Perfect! I will wait for it and let you know what I'm thinking about. By the way, do you know why BMW PE is so popular? I mean it's not cheap at all. Is the sound really that good combine with N55 mids?
Appreciate 0