BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
rapoot6
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

Check Engine Light- Camshaft installation faulty

Hello,

I have a 2011 N55 135i I purchased 6 weeks ago.

Being a new purchase I decided to reset the adaptations on the car via the MHD app and since then the following error codes have come up.

2C58 - Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequence
3011 - Intake Camshaft: Installation faulty.
3012 - Exhaust Camshaft: Installation faulty.

The only way to start the car to no CEL was to turn on ignition, clear dme codes via the app and then start upon which it would run perfectly. Otherwise the same codes and CEL returned every time the car was restarted.

I attempted disconnecting the negative terminal for a few minutes to reset the ecu to no avail.

The car had its VANOS bolt recall performed 2 years ago. The dealership has said that in their repair attempt they have replaced the vanos bolts, adjusted timing, tried new vanos units, new injectors, cleared the codes and updated the DME to no avail.

They have now had the car for 3 weeks+ with an ongoing puma case to no resolution yet.

Any suggestions to guide me on a fix would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Last edited by rapoot6; 01-19-2018 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 03:50 AM   #2
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Does your car have an MHD tune?
Sounds like your dealer has already invested a fair bit to rectify the problem.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 05:25 AM   #3
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Who is fixing it, you or the dealer?
If dealer, let them do their job and quit being a back seat mechanic.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 09:29 PM   #4
rapoot6
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

The car was returned to a stock flash before giving it in to the dealer for the CEL.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 03:32 PM   #5
coeff
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Hello Rapoot6.

I have the exact same problem as you had. The only way to start the car with out getting CEL is to delete the codes with the ignition on and then start the car. When I don’t have the CEL the car runs perfect but If I turn off the car and start again the CEL pops up directly and I get the codes:

002C58 - Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequence
003011 - Intake Camshaft: Installation faulty.
003012 - Exhaust Camshaft: Installation faulty.

I recently had the vanos replaced and after deleting the adaptations I’m getting the codes…

As I understand you had your car to the dealer. Did they solve the problem? Do you know what was wrong?

I need all the help I can get.
Thank you,

//Coeff
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2023, 11:21 PM   #6
voliyavor
Rep
Drives: bmw e70

Quote:
Originally Posted by coeff View Post
Hello Rapoot6.

I have the exact same problem as you had. The only way to start the car with out getting CEL is to delete the codes with the ignition on and then start the car. When I don’t have the CEL the car runs perfect but If I turn off the car and start again the CEL pops up directly and I get the codes:

002C58 - Charging pressure control: Switch-off as consequence
003011 - Intake Camshaft: Installation faulty.
003012 - Exhaust Camshaft: Installation faulty.

I recently had the vanos replaced and after deleting the adaptations I’m getting the codes…

As I understand you had your car to the dealer. Did they solve the problem? Do you know what was wrong?

I need all the help I can get.
Thank you,

//Coeff
Hello did you solve your problem On your bmw .....my car have the same codes would you tell me whatbwas the problem
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2023, 11:22 PM   #7
voliyavor
Rep
Drives: bmw e70

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapoot6 View Post
Hello,

Being a new purchase I decided to reset the adaptations on the car via the MHD app and since then the following error codes have come up.

The only way to start the car to no CEL was to turn on ignition, clear dme codes via the app and then start upon which it would run perfectly. Otherwise the same codes and CEL returned every time the car was restarted.

I attempted disconnecting the negative terminal for a few minutes to reset the ecu to no avail.

The car had its VANOS bolt recall performed 2 years ago. The dealership has said that in their repair attempt they have replaced the vanos bolts, adjusted timing, tried new vanos units, new injectors, cleared the codes and updated the DME to no avail.

They have now had the car for 3 weeks+ with an ongoing puma case to no resolution yet.

Thank you
Hello did you solve your problem On your bmw .....my car have the same codes would you tell me whatbwas the problem
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 07:53 AM   #8
KirillS97
Russia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapoot6 View Post
Hello,

Thank you
Hello, have you solved this problem? I have the same and can't find a solution anywhere.
Appreciate 0