BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Fahadm
Lord Farquaad
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

Issues with my headlights, please help!

Hey guys,

So I own a 2008 135i. I've been using the Burger Motorsports LED angel eyes, and it worked fine for a bit. Then I got the indication for my high beams, saying they were not working, but they still did. A couple months later, both high beam and low beam indications came on, and now nothing works but my angel eyes, and side orange lights. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

///N54 FBO + METH | Upgraded snail(s) coming soon...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 08:46 AM   #2
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

you might have not closed the seal properly when installing your new angel eyes and condensation/water could have gotten in slowly over time
      05-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Fahadm
Lord Farquaad
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
you might have not closed the seal properly when installing your new angel eyes and condensation/water could have gotten in slowly over time
I checked it, it seems like it was sealed properly. Then again, I recently saw my headlights getting more moisture in their than before (Looked fairly fogged up). Not sure what I'm going to have to replace. Any idea?

Thanks for the help!

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 03:37 AM   #4
Bmwbreed
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

If they were fogging inside they more than likely weren't sealed all the way somewhere. Those covers are super tricky getting the bottoms in. Now they could be on properly. When I picked up my car brand new there was slight condensation in the lights but very little an I hadn't touched the lights but it cleared over night. If you have a lot it's more than likely not sealed somewhere.

Good news is you didn't say you had any adaptive motor errors. Usually then you have to just replace the light. Sense you just got high and low beam errors I'd say open them up let it dry out and replace the bulb button it back up and try it.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
cheshirecat79
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 370z & 135i

Open the cover completely and dry it out with a hair dryer. Make sure it's totally try on the inside before sealing them back up. Make sure the cap and all wires are properly secured. Try them again and see if they work.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #6
Fahadm
Lord Farquaad
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
If they were fogging inside they more than likely weren't sealed all the way somewhere. Those covers are super tricky getting the bottoms in. Now they could be on properly. When I picked up my car brand new there was slight condensation in the lights but very little an I hadn't touched the lights but it cleared over night. If you have a lot it's more than likely not sealed somewhere.

Good news is you didn't say you had any adaptive motor errors. Usually then you have to just replace the light. Sense you just got high and low beam errors I'd say open them up let it dry out and replace the bulb button it back up and try it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat79 View Post
Open the cover completely and dry it out with a hair dryer. Make sure it's totally try on the inside before sealing them back up. Make sure the cap and all wires are properly secured. Try them again and see if they work.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Just checked it again, and yes I do have the adaptive lights failure code. I guess I'll have to get brand new headlights? I'm going to see if I can just modify these or send them to OSS designs or something. Such a shame

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Remove everything you have done and put it back to stock. While your'e at it leave the cover off overnight or for several nights and aim a fan as close at it as possible to be sure it's dried out. Put the cover back on and give it a few days to be sure something is broken. Then take care of it if it is, you might be surprised what drying it out and removing any clunky parts out of the way will do.
Appreciate 0