BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #1
instantexpert
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e

Selling the old car (advice needed)

I have an E46 ZHP I was hoping to trade in (IL law makes it a pretty decent alternative with tax breaks) but the dealership offered me much lower than I could live with and still afford my 135.

I've listed my car on Cars.com and Autotrader.com but I've been listed for several days and haven't gotten a hit. I'm even listed a few hundred below KBB "good" value.

Now I'm getting a little antsy because I don't want my 135 deal to fall through and I'm not sure what to do from here. I'm considering eBay motors but have never sold a car there.

A few things of note: The car had a front end incident which resulted in no frame damage (hood, fenders, bumpers, lights, radiator) but nothing that just wasn't outright replaced instead of repaired. I presume I snould disclose in the ad?

The car has new brakes, control arms, transmission (look over on E46 forums and you'll see a lot of 6MTs that are having the behavior I was having), recent Inspection I. Should this be put out in the ad?

This car has Dinan air box, strut brace, exhaust, and performance software. Does it help or hurt to put this in the ad?

General thoughts? I deliberately left out price, exact model year, etc because I'm not trying to use this forum to list my car. I just want to know my best approach. I've got roughly two weeks to go and I'd like to be set before the new car comes in.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
EmeraldRx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Dinan stuff could go either way, but I don't think it will help. A kid looking for the car will grab it b/c he won't have to pay to put that stuff on, but I would steer away from that car thinking it had the s*@t kicked out of it. And not to be dishonest, but I'd keep the accident to myself unless they ask, I'm not sure if a person selling a car is required by law, I know a dealer is. I'd leave out Dinan and the accident.

1987 Corvette Convertible-29k mi
1989 Bronco Eddie Bauer
2008 Nissan Armada (wifes)
Appreciate 0