BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
Tweeked SRT4
Resident SRT4 Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 Dodge SRT4

Possible spark blow out or misfire

The last time I drove my car (about 2 weeks) ago I was overtaking a car to change lanes in 3rd gear on the street and I was running Map 2 on my JB4 with about a little under a 1/4 tank left of 100 octane and my RPM's were around 3K and the closer I got the 5K to shift into 4th the car started to sputter and break up by 5,000-5,1000 and the car just went into limp mode and got a CEL but was unable to check it since my JB4 is set to auto clear and didn't know it was.

I've had a misfire in the past before the JB4 was installed on the car during the winter and was just pulling away from a friends driveway and got a CEL so I'm thinking it's a bad coil plug still or could it be the plugs starting to foul out since they aren't gapped for the higher boost settings of JB4. I've gotten spark blow out on my SRT4 plenty of times since I run 27psi so I know what to expect when it does happen and I usually just swap plugs out every other oil change on that car. Should I just bring the car in for service since it's still under warranty and remove JB4 to see if it's the coil plug or spark plugs? Should just throw in a new set of plugs and close the gap on them to see if that helps? I'm kinda unsure which path to go. Since the car had JB4 installed it had been running flawless until now. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
2013 Subaru STI Sedan in WR Blue
Appreciate 0