BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-02-2024, 11:16 AM   #23
116I MAN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 116i BMW N13

N13 Swaps

Okay Lads in need of some advice I have a N13 116i BMW Stage 1 she’s perfect except for the fact that the bottom end is or gone or from what i can tell it is. My timing chain was about to go so i bout the parts and the kit and did the chain myself as I’m an ex mechanic. After doing so i checked my oil level to find that it was 200ml out of 4.2l (i top the car up anytime i get a oil level low warning) i whipped the oil filter out to find it full of metal (so bottom line i need a new engine) I’m not the richest lad considering I’m 18 and a n13 will run me the same price as a B58 do any of you know a decent swap that’s not going to require loads and loads of adaptation to get it into my 116i and running

Any ideas are appreciated as idk what to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 01:00 PM   #24
mkeiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e82 128i 6mt m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 116I MAN View Post
Okay Lads in need of some advice I have a N13 116i BMW Stage 1 she’s perfect except for the fact that the bottom end is or gone or from what i can tell it is. My timing chain was about to go so i bout the parts and the kit and did the chain myself as I’m an ex mechanic. After doing so i checked my oil level to find that it was 200ml out of 4.2l (i top the car up anytime i get a oil level low warning) i whipped the oil filter out to find it full of metal (so bottom line i need a new engine) I’m not the richest lad considering I’m 18 and a n13 will run me the same price as a B58 do any of you know a decent swap that’s not going to require loads and loads of adaptation to get it into my 116i and running

Any ideas are appreciated as idk what to do.
I'm not familiar with engine availability, pricing, etc. in your neck of the woods. But IMO you should look into engines that came from the factory in the e82 chassis. Maybe find a totaled car with a n52 engine and swap things over into your car?
2011 BMW 128i 6MT M Sport - Alpine White on Terracotta w/ Glacier-Silver trim - Koni Yellows w/ H&R Sport Springs, M3 Control Arms, Euro Intake, BMW Performance Exhaust, 3.73 Diff w/ RacingDiffs LSD Conversion, Black Line Taillights, M Performance Grilles, lots-o-maintenance
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 02:46 PM   #25
116I MAN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 116i BMW N13

Ill look into that option but I don’t know how good the compatibility will be with their powertrains so ill need to look into how and what i need for the swap. Thank you I’ll look into it a little bit more.
Appreciate 0