BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #23
amsnow440
Olmec's Temple Guard
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT, 05 Legacy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iam View Post
...IMO buy in order as funds allow (assuming run flats are long gone!)...
SO MUCH THIS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsHectic View Post
I did subframe bushings and control arms front and back and the car feels more connected to the road.

Hard to explain but the rear wheels when going over bumps feel part of the rear of the car rather than something hanging off it. (This sounds really weird so can anyone else relate??)

The steering feels as sharp as my 350Z was, a lot more pointy and responsive than stock.

Overall the car feels more like a go-kart and less like some miniature disconnected cruiser.

I do instinctively go faster around corners now, the car kind of eggs you on to do it with these mods and inspires more confidence.
Absolutely true, I know exactly what you mean. The entire car feels like one piece, instead of the old "the rear of the car does what it wants," kind of feeling anytime you hit a bump under power or take a turn with any sort of spirit. Heaven help you if both occur at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOD23 View Post
There's a thread on E90 that had a sale last week for 300 shipped on the front kit. I don't know what the normal price is but it wouldn't hurt to check it out.

EDIT: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924226
I got them from Offset for $340 shipped outside of the group buy
      04-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #24
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The thing I have seen posted a few times about FSD's... is that they are almost like OE shocks in the ride. ie: rather soft. I think some have even gone from FSD's to Yellows after awhile. I think Koni Yellows are a better choice.
That's the thing about the FSDs. They improve _both_ the ride and the handling. The yellows are more focused on handling. It's not right or wrong, it's pretty much taste. Anyone who keeps stock springs is well advised to consider both. I, like Koni, wouldn't recommend them with other springs, although there is an Eibach/FSD kit.

Tire Rack tested FSDs against yellows set full soft (and BMW OE), on an E46 330ci. The FSDs had handling numbers that were insignificantly different from the yellows (although slightly better), and a substantially better ride (best of the three). Cranking up the yellows a bit would no doubt lead to a handling edge for the yellows, but the ride gap would increase.

"Given how comfortable this car was on the road, it handles much better on the track than conventional thinking would suggest."

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/tests/koni_fsd_s.jsp

Last edited by 128Convertibleguy; 04-23-2014 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0