BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #45
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
So... what else will the LCI for the Active_E get - besides LED headlight brows and tails?

Will it get that hood buldge afterall ???
Yes. The car you photographed at the Welt is the "Concept Active E" hence why it has none of the changes of the current Coupe. But the car in the article is the LCi Active E.

And before you ask - The hood bulge affects the aerodynamics of the BMW 1er M Coupe. We tried it. But you will not get it for aftermarket unless you are leasing an Active E and it will be BMW to order replacement parts of the Active E.
      07-25-2011, 05:42 AM   #46
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Yes. The car you photographed at the Welt is the "Concept Active E" hence why it has none of the changes of the current Coupe. But the car in the article is the LCi Active E.

And before you ask - The hood bulge affects the aerodynamics of the BMW 1er M Coupe. We tried it. But you will not get it for aftermarket unless you are leasing an Active E and it will be BMW to order replacement parts of the Active E.

^^ How you know I was gonna ask that!?!?

Thanks for the reply though.
Appreciate 0