BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
kb2dhg
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Question how dificult is it to figure out how to use this car?

OK, I am still waiting for my 128i and while waiting I am brousing the on line owners manule...
I am not too good at these computer based things and am getting a bit worried that this car has way too much computer baised bells and whistles. It seems like an awfull lot to do to check the oil and go through all these menues just to operate this car.
I am getting over welmed and was wondering just how hard it is getting used to using and navagating the controls of this car?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
turner23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

don't stress it. When I picked my car up at the PDC, the guy went through every feature explaininng how everything worked-it was information overload and as I drove away I didn't really remember a damn thing. What's nice, is that these cars are so intuitive it is REALLY easy to figure things out as you go. Being an engineer I love techincal shit and I've read the owners book a couple times cover to cover, which helps, but the more you drive the car the more you realize BMW designed the thing to be easy, intuitively located and convenient for the driver. I'm not going to say you'll be able to remember every button and feature the first day, but don't stress it. BMW makes a hell of a car, and once you get the hang of it (and you will), you'll never want to drive anything else.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #3
Linoleum87
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 AW 135 M sport

when you first get your ride, it doesnt have to be any more technical than start it and go.

as far as figuring out the settings, and how to check oil and whatever, you'll have tons of time to pick away at learning anything. you dont have to know it all right away by any means.
Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport
225/40/18 255/35/18
Appreciate 0