BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-13-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
smpeck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Coupe (E92)

135i Convertible - Squeaking/Rattling Windows

It's been a while since I've had a convertible... Just got a 135i convertible.

I'm noticing quite a bit of squeaking and rattling at the top of the windows where the glass meets the convertible top. Seems like every time I go over a bump, the interior noise is a bit more than I was anticipating. This was not the case with my other convertibles. I'm not naive enough to believe any convertible will be squeak free, but this is a bit much for a $40K car.

Is this normal and something I'll have to get used to?

Aside from that I'm really enjoying the car!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
Midgad
Free Skier
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe, 6MT, M-Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpeck View Post
It's been a while since I've had a convertible... Just got a 135i convertible.

I'm noticing quite a bit of squeaking and rattling at the top of the windows where the glass meets the convertible top. Seems like every time I go over a bump, the interior noise is a bit more than I was anticipating. This was not the case with my other convertibles. I'm not naive enough to believe any convertible will be squeak free, but this is a bit much for a $40K car.

Is this normal and something I'll have to get used to?

Aside from that I'm really enjoying the car!

Hey,
Join the club have the same issue.
Dont mean to thread rob but...

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249358

See you just got yours, I thought mine got worse with age. About a year old now! I noticed mine more as time went by.
..bought the rubber gasket stuff someone on link recommended.

Hey summer is comming, keep the top down, we wont hear the creaking,rattling!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #3
shodanusmc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135 Vert

I know Verts are more noisy thant a sedan or coupe. We have had our 135 Vert for about 3 weeks, and it is squeek free.....even the wind noise at highway speed is very tolerable, and not as bad as I was expecting. Take it to the dealer, and let them get it resolved.....or at least made better. Besides, someday summer will actually get here, and top down it is! Itr is a warm 37 in Chicago now!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
smpeck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Coupe (E92)

One more reason to keep the top down! It's a shame they didn't put an "openometer" in this car like they are doing with the '09 Mini Convertibles - I know I've had the top down way more than up.

Seems like when the door is open, the glass seems very loose on the driver's side and less so on the passenger side. Most of the noise is coming from the driver's side. Will get the local service department to check it. If I get any resolution will let u know.
Appreciate 0