BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #23
Shost
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe BSM

I've googled a "Nissan Pulsar" and it looks nothing like a 1M. It's an Almera or Sunny in the UK, and doesn't resemble the M in anyway apart from having four wheels. I'm surprised the person who posted that comment can even use a keyboard. Maybe their mother helped them.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #24
Tamara
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M VO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
My favourite road in that region is the A272 eastbound from Petersfield all the way to Billingshurst. A good few corkscrew bends that can generate some real Gs .
Yes I know it well - Petersfield to Petworth anyway- but not done it when its not been clogged up with 'day traffic' for want of a better phrase. Definitely should do some night drives except that my eyesight is not so good in my old age for that sort of mularkey!

Another great road is B2141 South Harting to Lavant - though only short, its got some steep 'alpine' twisty bits and big straights and even in the day is not too bad for traffic.

PS Even though PHers seem to be BMW/women hating bunch still very pleased to see a picture including my car on there - thanks Aussie that 'threesome' is my favourite I could look at it all day............
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 05:51 PM   #25
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
My favourite road in that region is the A272 eastbound from Petersfield all the way to Billingshurst. A good few corkscrew bends that can generate some real Gs .
The very road I took from nr Petersfield down to Goodwood yesterday.

Corking morning for a drive, soft top Sunday was great too!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #26
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
Yes I know it well - Petersfield to Petworth anyway- but not done it when its not been clogged up with 'day traffic' for want of a better phrase. Definitely should do some night drives except that my eyesight is not so good in my old age for that sort of mularkey!

Another great road is B2141 South Harting to Lavant - though only short, its got some steep 'alpine' twisty bits and big straights and even in the day is not too bad for traffic.

PS Even though PHers seem to be BMW/women hating bunch still very pleased to see a picture including my car on there - thanks Aussie that 'threesome' is my favourite I could look at it all day............
You ain't old ! Best get eyes sorted, cornea and lens problems are pretty much a non-issue now, age-related macular degeneration can be treated depending on type and it's best picked up early.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #27
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
yes, that one yesterday too. Couldn't remember the road name or locations. Just remember it as South something. Heading east with the sunrise just starting it was a beautiful drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep

We should have mini meets for lunch, dinner or some drinks for us southerners . Lots of really nice country pubs around Surrey and Sussex.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #29
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harris
On-boost it was a complete animal and, with the systems switched off, it was plain spiteful. In other words it was the antidote to modern, anyone-can-drive-it performance
Exactly. Same conclusion I came to in the end, but I'll grudgingly admit Chris says it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
Nothing like a set of training wheels to get you started

Careful there skippy. I'll take issue with clueless haldex haters, preferably at dawn on a wet highway 1.
      10-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #30
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
Careful there skippy. I'll take issue with clueless haldex haters, preferably at dawn on a wet highway 1.
We are talking haldex now not ur-quattro
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #31
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shost View Post
I've googled a "Nissan Pulsar" and it looks nothing like a 1M. It's an Almera or Sunny in the UK, and doesn't resemble the M in anyway apart from having four wheels. I'm surprised the person who posted that comment can even use a keyboard. Maybe their mother helped them.

Says it all really!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 04:06 AM   #32
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
We are talking haldex now not ur-quattro
Funny, I had a URQ. For wet conditions I'd take the R32/ Haldex over it any day of the week.

Snow or gravel is another matter.
      10-09-2012, 04:29 AM   #33
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
Funny, I had a URQ. For wet conditions I'd take the R32/ Haldex over it any day of the week.

Snow or gravel is another matter.
There is probably some help there from it's not so lightweight 1590kg kerb weight..........Now who ate all the pies
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #34
Tamara
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M VO

Quote:
You ain't old ! Best get eyes sorted, cornea and lens problems are pretty much a non-issue now, age-related macular degeneration can be treated depending on type and it's best picked up early.
Forgot you were an eye-Doc Marcus! I will bear that in mind...(tho' I am sure it is more something to do with the 1Ms poor headlight range!

And definitely up for a dawn drive/meet or something similar with pub rest at the end.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #35
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara
Quote:
Forgot you were an eye-Doc Marcus! I will bear that in mind...(tho' I am sure it is more something to do with the 1Ms poor headlight range!

And definitely up for a dawn drive/meet or something similar with pub rest at the end.
My M3 also had poor headlight range but that's because they come from factory set too low. I raised the lens aim by about 2 full turns of the height adjuster without blinding oncoming traffic. Same can be done with the 1M. See you at the PH meet.
Appreciate 0