BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-25-2009, 01:02 PM   #45
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
pics look great!!!
      10-01-2009, 05:42 AM   #46
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Any word on when the production units will begin shipping?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2009, 03:46 PM   #47
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post
Any word on when the production units will begin shipping?
We hoped to start shipping by october first, but we had a few parts come back with less than perfect fitment and had to make adjustments... looks to be a couple weeks still until we get the full quantity of our first batch ready to ship.

I would hate to ship something that isn't PERFECT, but if all goes to plan, we should be gearing up to start shipping out orders in the next 10-14 days.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #48
RiXst3r
Rep

Thanks everyone for your patience...

as mentioned before, we received our production sample about a week and a half ago, and there were some elements of the circuit board that were outside of the tolerance range, and will not fit... had to be re-tooled. We cannot ship a product that doesn't have 100% perfect fitment... On top of that, the machinist in charge of making the changes came down with h1n1 swine flu, and had to be quarantined for 10 days... no joke.

So basically, long story short, we are getting a new production sample later this week, and if everything goes to plan we will be shipping with a schedule that is only 2-3 weeks behind our original estimates.

Feel free to e-mail us anytime at contact@p3cars.com if you have any questions or need anything at all! We are very dedicated to our customers, and want to assure you that we will do everything in our power to make you happy.

Thanks again,

-Rick
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:26 AM   #49
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
Thanks everyone for your patience...

as mentioned before, we received our production sample about a week and a half ago, and there were some elements of the circuit board that were outside of the tolerance range, and will not fit... had to be re-tooled. We cannot ship a product that doesn't have 100% perfect fitment... On top of that, the machinist in charge of making the changes came down with h1n1 swine flu, and had to be quarantined for 10 days... no joke.

So basically, long story short, we are getting a new production sample later this week, and if everything goes to plan we will be shipping with a schedule that is only 2-3 weeks behind our original estimates.

Feel free to e-mail us anytime at contact@p3cars.com if you have any questions or need anything at all! We are very dedicated to our customers, and want to assure you that we will do everything in our power to make you happy.

Thanks again,

-Rick
Rick,
Understood but instead of saying 2-3 weeks can we have a more exact ball park date? are we talking nov 15th now?

ty
      10-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #50
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeback1 View Post
Rick,
Understood but instead of saying 2-3 weeks can we have a more exact ball park date? are we talking nov 15th now?

ty
I am sorry for the wide date ranges, but I am dealing with other suppliers that give me ranges like "7-14 days", etc...

I hope to have the production sample from the tweaked design in hand by this weekend, and if that goes as planned, the rest *should* follow in 2 weeks. And this is with me paying rush fees on EVERYTHING

We should have been shipping to customers weeks ago, but we were not about to ship a product that was not a perfect fit... I am actually rather frustrated with several of the suppliers we are using right now, because they aren't meeting THEIR deadlines....

Hope that helps explain the situation! Thanks for your patience... I will make it up to everyone who waited!
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #51
twinturbo135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:

okay, at first I was very excited about this item FINALLY showing some signs of becoming a reality. so I decided to take the plunge and I ordered the gauge. you guys said it would be shipping in blah, blah, blah weeks....

so I've been waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I've been waiting for so long to the point to where I've been having some serious thoughts of buyer's remorse. but even then, I still had a small glimmer of hope that I'd be seeing my gauge sometime very soon.

so now, I just read your post about yet ANOTHER delay. freaking christ guys. I think there have been cures for cancer in less time than what this project has taken to become a reality.

that being that, it was your post above that has finally made me throw in the towel and cancel my order. this is just ridiculous. I do understand that these things take time but come on. we have been talking about this for OVER a year now.

good lord.......

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #52
RiXst3r
Rep

I feel your pain... I want this to be done as much as you We are very flexible with our pre-orders... the customer is ALWAYS right, and unlike other vendors, we will not hold you to your spot, or force you to find replacements if you want to back out. We do however appreciate those who are able to hang in there with us, and we will make it up to you!

As I mentioned to you in the email... Group-buys and pre-orders can be unpredictable, and I can only base my timelines on what my suppliers give me... we do not always have full control over this... and we understand that not everyone can wait. when we launched the pre-order 5-6 weeks ago, it was because we finally had a design and product that worked and we were putting into production...the unit is finished... and its just a matter of waiting for some parts (circuit boards, brackets, etc) to be shipped to me so that I can assemble and ship them. We were given timeframes from our suppliers and we based our timeframes on those.

If it was in my power to ship earlier, those that know me would know that I would be awake 24/7 assembling and shipping gauges... this my 4th group buy... and the first time I have ever gone past estimate ship dates. I apologize for the delay, but seeing as it is out of my control, the only thing I can do is keep everyone updated.

Thanks again everyone for your patience!

-Rick
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #53
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

An honest answer. Thanks for keeping us updated, and please continue to do so. Again, I would rather the date slip a couple weeks in order to ensure product perfection than receive a poor fitting, sub par product.

That said, are you pretty confident in getting these shipped out and into our hands before the week of Thanksgiving? That's when I had planned on doing the install.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #54
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
i app the honesty
and i look forward to it
but for me my hard date is anything after thanksgiving i will have to seek alternate courses...
I understand you want a great product and perfect fitment but i dont want the timeline to get stretched out anymore (even thou its not u)
      10-09-2009, 10:03 AM   #55
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeback1 View Post
i app the honesty
and i look forward to it
but for me my hard date is anything after thanksgiving i will have to seek alternate courses...
I understand you want a great product and perfect fitment but i dont want the timeline to get stretched out anymore (even thou its not u)
I totally understand.. I will make some calls today and try to get more of a hard date. I don't foresee anything that would push us past thanksgiving, hopefully it is much sooner!

Here is a picture of yet another (hand assemble and soldered) production sample... this one is 100% workable with perfect fitment.

IGNORE THE "BAR" LED, we didn't want to use up the PSI ones

Sorry for the crappy camera phone pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #56
nordique14
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert

I do not mind waiting a bit longer for perfect fitment and electronics that are gremlin-free. I have waited over a year so what is a few more weeks? If it is a couple of weeks later than promised I will be a little unhappy. If I get it on time but it does not fit or looks like hell then I will be very pissed. I will take a little unhappy over very pissed.

The production sample looks great! Please make sure we also get good installation instructions with the unit as well as all of the parts needed to do the install. I have bought 4 things from vendors from this board and 3 times the items arrived missing bolts, connectors etc. Once time it was even the part for a different model BMW. Sometimes the small stuff gets overlooked in the first initial mass shipment. Hopefully that will not be case with you guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 02:20 PM   #57
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
Please make sure we also get good installation instructions with the unit as well as all of the parts needed to do the install. I have bought 4 things from vendors from this board and 3 times the items arrived missing bolts, connectors etc. Once time it was even the part for a different model BMW. Sometimes the small stuff gets overlooked in the first initial mass shipment. Hopefully that will not be case with you guys.
This is what P3 is all about
We are not your average performance parts supplier... we take things to the next level.

With hundreds and hundreds of 335 gauges sold, I can tell you with all honesty that we have a 100% perfect track record when it comes to customer satisfaction. Expect nothing but a perfect product with all needed parts and access to full easy to read instructions and videos... We include a HAND WRITTEN and signed checklist with each shipment that ensures every part is accounted for! We don't mess around, we triple check and we get it to you right the first time.

Here are a few reviews of the 335 kit, so you can know what to expect. These reviews are from about a year ago, so some things have changed, and some things will be different, but we have had hundreds of customers install the gauge now, taking any of the requests to heart and tweaking the instructions and parts to make it 100% foolproof!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202381
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176542
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178032
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=381
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179446
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #58
twinturbo135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaMind View Post
That's when I had planned on doing the install.
lol - you better not have anything planned as far as a certain time frame is concerned. if history repeats itself, these time frames could very well be set back even further.

to think anything different is what I would call wishful thinking.

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #59
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo135i View Post
lol - you better not have anything planned as far as a certain time frame is concerned. if history repeats itself, these time frames could very well be set back even further.

to think anything different is what I would call wishful thinking.
I don't think its fair of you to assume this... I know we have been talking about this gauge for a long time, but we never had the resources (our main designer/programmer had a death in the family and was gone for 6mo+) to move forward with it until this summer, which is why we did not take ANY orders until we had an actual production going 5-6 weeks ago. And as I said before, in the 4 pre-order group purchases we have done in the past, history shows we have always met or bettered our estimates.

You received your refund with friendly service NO QUESTIONS ASKED within hours of requesting it... As always, if you need anything or have any questions, feel free to send us an e-mail or give us a call, but discouraging those who chose to keep waiting isn't very nice!

If there is anything I could do to make it up to you, just PM me and let me know...

-Rick
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #60
jtsherri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
I'm definitely looking forward to receiving one of these. While conventional gauges are cool, this is far classier looking and in a much easier-to-read location than most of the other options out there. Not to mention, I'd much rather deal with delays than a product with sub-par quality or fitment issues.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 08:48 PM   #61
orangeman1026
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: UNO 09 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsherri View Post
I'm definitely looking forward to receiving one of these. While conventional gauges are cool, this is far classier looking and in a much easier-to-read location than most of the other options out there. Not to mention, I'd much rather deal with delays than a product with sub-par quality or fitment issues.
+1
      10-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #62
Bullitt
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
I've dealt with your customer service before, and it was evident that you strive to make the customer happy. I have no concerns whatsoever that I'll be disappointed when the product is finally in my hands and installed in the car.

No worries Rick, I'm not discouraged at all!
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2009, 11:25 PM   #63
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
I don't think its fair of you to assume this... I know we have been talking about this gauge for a long time, but we never had the resources (our main designer/programmer had a death in the family and was gone for 6mo+) to move forward with it until this summer, which is why we did not take ANY orders until we had an actual production going 5-6 weeks ago. And as I said before, in the 4 pre-order group purchases we have done in the past, history shows we have always met or bettered our estimates.

You received your refund with friendly service NO QUESTIONS ASKED within hours of requesting it... As always, if you need anything or have any questions, feel free to send us an e-mail or give us a call, but discouraging those who chose to keep waiting isn't very nice!

If there is anything I could do to make it up to you, just PM me and let me know...

-Rick
+1
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #64
ridin135
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

any updates?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #65
RiXst3r
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridin135 View Post
any updates?
Nothing new since the posts above... Still playing a waiting game with my parts supplier for the rear bracket... I started a plan B just in-case they delay me much further... but I am getting everything else lined up ready to go so that when the final parts show up, I can just pop them on and ship them out!

Thanks everyone for your patience.

-Rick
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2009, 11:45 AM   #66
heyimsam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

I think I want one of these I cant wait till they come out!
Appreciate 0