BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #67
Boosted1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i n54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadeness View Post
If it makes you feel any better my lip came with no instructions, no mounting hardware, and not even an invoice. So I still can't install the damm thing unless I go down to the hardware store and piece together my own mounting kit. Initial inspection looks good though, have not had a chance to test fit it yet.
Mine came exactly like this. not even the tape. I just went to home depot and bought the toughest double sided 3m tape. Saw the DIY video and after putting the tape (15 min), it took me 10 minutes to install the lip.

is not that hard, just see the video. Fitment can be improved maybe, but i dont feel like doing it again right now. Just be sure to have somebody to help you
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #68
AWD2RWD
AWD to RWD
Rep
Drives: Lancer Evolution 9 MR

Ugh. I really want matte carbon, and iCarbon is the only who has it. Should I order through a vendor and see what happens? That way the vendor can refund me if a tracking number isnt issued after a few weeks?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:56 PM   #69
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by naorgil View Post
Ugh. I really want matte carbon, and iCarbon is the only who has it. Should I order through a vendor and see what happens? That way the vendor can refund me if a tracking number isnt issued after a few weeks?

You could contact a vendor, like **********s.com, and ask them if they have any parts in stock, or if not, then when they would be expecting them. That will give you an idea on if/when you can order.

Mod Bargains has stated that they are acting as a middle-point of contact for iCarbon. I would give them a call, they will be able to help you.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #70
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadeness View Post
Hmm, I'm not visualizing what you mean, where would the second washer go? The lip uses the stock bolt locations and "receiver" right? Or are you saying to just scrap the stock receiver and use a bolt and nut with a washer on each side? The DIY and video help but not having instructions sucks.
I just wanted to make sure you have a washer on the side of the lip that the bolt head is on to prevent the hole from cracking or elongating. I would use the stock reciever (nutplate).

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2011, 07:03 PM   #71
Swadeness
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by naorgil View Post
I would stay away from icarbon, its just too much of a risk spending that much money and having no idea when you might receive it....if ever. If you really want the part I would only order from a company that can guarantee you they have it in stock in their own warehouse. Do not settle for anything shipping directly from Icarbon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
You could contact a vendor, like **********s.com, and ask them if they have any parts in stock, or if not, then when they would be expecting them. That will give you an idea on if/when you can order.

Mod Bargains has stated that they are acting as a middle-point of contact for iCarbon. I would give them a call, they will be able to help you.
I recommend you also stay away from **********s. Although I believe Icarbon was the root cause of the issue, **********s did a horrible job of handling the situation. Among other things, they failed to call me with my order status (as promised)........ at least five times! After I finally received my lip with zero hardware, mounting tape, or instructions, **********s made zero effort to rectify the issue or make up for the inconvenience. They made it clear to me they did not care I was inconvenienced and could care less about loosing my future business. In fact they told me I should spend more of my own money and buy the stuff at the hardware store. Needless to say they will not be getting anymore of my business. Don't let anybody fool you, ICarbon is not returning anybody's phone calls... not even the vendors. BUYER BEWARE...my lesson is learned.

P.S. Sorry if this sounds like I am attacking **********s and Icarbon but the 1addicts community should know what some of us are going through so they can make an informed decision.
      07-24-2011, 05:54 AM   #72
fusion01
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus ST: 2.5l /5 cyl

Garage List
I placed an order to receive this email a few days later, which is appreciated

"Thank you for your order. I would like to let you know that we are doing things a little differntly since we had some problems with logistics in the past, I would like to upfront tell you that your order is completely out of stock. We currently in a new production that will be complete in the next 8 weeks and will be shipping your order around that time.

Please let me know If you don't mind waiting that long or if you would like a refund. I assure you that your depsist is safe with us and as soon as production is complete we will be shipping your order but I just wanted to leave it in your hands to decide

Awaiting your comments."

But after this I sent numerous emails to cancel and have not received a reply, which I find infuriating. More so is the inability to cancel the order via the website. The order page (for cancellations) states: "NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable.". This is in direct conflict with the email stating that production will only be complete in 8 weeks! I really don't like people sitting with my credit card details!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 07:41 AM   #73
vwown3d
New Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

These guys are crooks, stay away. Maybe icarbon should tie up all the loose ends they owe on before ever trying to come back. I hope the mods keep them off this site!!
      07-24-2011, 11:07 AM   #74
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwown3d View Post
These guys are crooks, stay away. Maybe icarbon should tie up all the loose ends they owe on before ever trying to come back. I hope the mods keep them off this site!!
To late.. they have a thread saying they are back.. and that they have completed everyone's orders and all that stuff..

Here is the link: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...hlight=icarbon
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 06:40 PM   #75
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
To late.. they have a thread saying they are back.. and that they have completed everyone's orders and all that stuff..

Here is the link: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...hlight=icarbon
Hah.. apparently they didn't complete his order or he wouldn't sound so pissed off

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #76
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

fusion,

We received your order on Friday, July 22, after hours. As stated in our website, we are closed on the weekends.

However, since we have turned a new leaf and want to provide nothing but the best to our customers, we sent you an email explaining the situation on how the item was out of stock and how we would be happy to refund your money so you could place the order when the item was back in stock.

It is still the weekend, we have yet to hit the first business day since your order was placed. Still, I am on here on a Sunday because we truly want to show the fine members from 1addicts that we indeed have turned a new leaf.

There is nothing to worry about sir, you will have your refund tomorrow first thing in the morning.

If in the future you are interested in getting any of our pieces, please do so by contacting one of our great distributors.

Have a great weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #77
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwown3d View Post
That is precisely what we did

This was an order that was actually placed this last Friday July 22nd in the late afternoon.

Crooks is a pretty strong word, no need for it
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #78
iCARBON DESIGN
Lieutenant
Rep

Fusion,

Just wanted to say I have finished processing the refund for the order you placed on Friday. Please check your email for any further information. I was going to wait until tomorrow but I figured...why wait.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #79
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCARBON DESIGN View Post
That is precisely what we did

This was an order that was actually placed this last Friday July 22nd in the late afternoon.

Crooks is a pretty strong word, no need for it

iCarbon, I just sent you a PM about a different matter. Check it out when you get the chance. Thanks.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 03:22 AM   #80
fusion01
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus ST: 2.5l /5 cyl

Garage List
Quote:
fusion,

We received your order on Friday, July 22, after hours. As stated in our website, we are closed on the weekends.
In recent email received (with cancellation of order): "Before going off and posting on the boards and sending 3 emails about your refund you could have waited till NORMAL business hours which are Mon –Fri 9am – 5pm."

This is interesting. My email sent to them was @ 7:02pm on Friday and I am GMT + 2 hours, which makes it approx lunchtime in the States (5-8 hours behind). In which case this comment doesn't hold grounds - no-one replied to my email during office hours. I consider commenting on boards (with this on-topic) appropriate when expecting a swift response appropriate in business dealings. They have now cancelled my order and did respond, so I appreciate that and matter is settled. But all of this should be available from within the website: if an order is to ship in approx 2 months without product available at this present time, I'd like to see the 'cancel order' option accessible - hopefully iCarbon can take my criticisms on board and improve in this regard.

Heck, are iCarbon in the States? Or have I got my facts wrong?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #81
audiohigh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Aside from all the negative comments on iCarbons ability to deliver what was ordered, how are their products once received?

I believe i can get my hands on some stocked parts tomorrow, not through iCarbon of course, but is there any actual word on whether or not iCarbon still exists? Starck doesn't seem any different to me since it's September with no site up yet other than a splash screen.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #82
hyper1
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013, Z4/28

rear diffuser

I order months ago.
The dealer call them and finaly they shipped the parts.
That was 2 months.
Now, I cancell my grills and front lip because after 2 months i still waiting.
The word is, they are or will be out for good.
Dont know for sure if it's process issues or manufacturing.

too bad.......
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #83
Eddie135
N55 Commando
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i - DCT - N55

Quote:
Fusion,

Just wanted to say I have finished processing the refund for the order you placed on Friday. Please check your email for any further information. I was going to wait until tomorrow but I figured...why wait.
Hi

I have been sending emails to Icarbon mailbox but have not got any reply for last couple of months.

I am seriously interested in buying front lip for my car.
I am from Melbourne, Australia.

Do you still have the front lip in stock and I would like to purchase it right away.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 12:05 AM   #84
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie135 View Post
Quote:
Fusion,

Hi

I have been sending emails to Icarbon mailbox but have not got any reply for last couple of months.

I am seriously interested in buying front lip for my car.
I am from Melbourne, Australia.

Do you still have the front lip in stock and I would like to purchase it right away.
No. Don't do it ...