BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-01-2014, 01:16 PM   #1
BrandonMc
//M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8 & 2011 535i MSport

Third Party warranty United Car Care---Thoughts

Hey guys, my warranty is expiring soon and I am considering my extended warranty options. BMW has a 2 year extension, of course, but I have yet to receive a rate from my SA.

United Car Care is offering me the Platinum coverage at the employee rate after much haggling. What do you guys think? Details below.

$3763 for 5 year coverage with roadside assistance
$195 down
24 months--$148

Also, if I sell the car before the warranty expires, I get pro-rated a refund based on time left.

Company has been registered with BBB since 1999 and has an A+ rating, which is a little reassuring.

2011 535i Msport
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
killerhurtalot
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonMc View Post
Hey guys, my warranty is expiring soon and I am considering my extended warranty options. BMW has a 2 year extension, of course, but I have yet to receive a rate from my SA.

United Car Care is offering me the Platinum coverage at the employee rate after much haggling. What do you guys think? Details below.

$3763 for 5 year coverage with roadside assistance
$195 down
24 months--$148

Also, if I sell the car before the warranty expires, I get pro-rated a refund based on time left.

Company has been registered with BBB since 1999 and has an A+ rating, which is a little reassuring.
Only thing I have to say about 3rd party warranties is that often they'll try to deny coverage and etc. Alot of the contracts says that they won't cover "extra damage" resulting from a failure of a part.

EX: if your cooling fan fails and you pull off to the side of the road and get towed to a shop. the shop finds that the engine cylinder heads and etc was warped from the heat. the insurance company won't cover the engine damage and they will ONLY cover the cooling fan costs.
Appreciate 0