BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #1
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Procede Help

Hello!

I was just wondering if there was anyone local who would be willing to help me with questions regarding the Procede Rev3. Be my Procede mentor so to speak

I'm pretty nub at all this tuning stuff and the vishnu ReadMe's confuse me...

I also haven't installed my meth kit yet but was looking to put it in the boot rather than using my windshield washer reservoir and I'm not sure what kind I'll need to buy to make the conversion.
      01-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #2
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Hello!

I was just wondering if there was anyone local who would be willing to help me with questions regarding the Procede Rev3. Be my Procede mentor so to speak

I'm pretty nub at all this tuning stuff and the vishnu ReadMe's confuse me...

I also haven't installed my meth kit yet but was looking to put it in the boot rather than using my windshield washer reservoir and I'm not sure what kind I'll need to buy to make the conversion.
I know very little about the exact workings of it either but what exactly confuses you? Do you mean the process of updating firmware, maps and how to reset adaptations? I could help you with that but I am sure Adrian would be the best one to speak to about any procede issues. Maybe we could have a procede users help session at advan one Saturday?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Thanks guys.

I think I've kind of worked some of it out this afternoon.

I was a bit confused about the different stages and maps and how they work but I just installed the 7-29 autotune maps this afternoon after finally hooking it up to my computer for the first time. Fed a USB cable through the firewall and into the glove box too.

One thing I'm a little confused with still are the aggressive maps. Maybe I'll give them a go a bit later.
      01-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop
Thanks guys.

I was a bit confused about the different stages and maps and how they work but I just installed the 7-29 autotune maps this afternoon after finally hooking it up to my computer for the first time. Fed a USB cable through the firewall and into the glove box too.

One thing I'm a little confused with still are the aggressive maps. Maybe I'll give them a go a bit later.
Good job on feeding the USB cable through I recall that being a bitch of a job
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

The 7-29 maps are very old now. I recommend the latest aggressive maps if you have Rev 3.

Fire up some questions, and I am happy to help.

Cheers,

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335
Quote:
Originally Posted by froop
Thanks guys.

Good job on feeding the USB cable through I recall that being a bitch of a job
Haha yeah it wasn't too easy. There were a few DIYs which helped but either weren't complete or required too much work.

I didn't dismantle the whole ECU, I just pulled out the harness holder with everything still attached and was able to feed it through the narrow gap. Still needed to remove the passenger footwell trim and the glovebox lid but got it done eventually.
      01-24-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu
The 7-29 maps are very old now. I recommend the latest aggressive maps if you have Rev 3.

Fire up some questions, and I am happy to help.

Cheers,

Adrian
Ah thanks Adrian!

Yeah I might give the aggressive maps a go then. They don't have autotune yet though do they?

Also, are you able to supply some kind of trunk conversion kit for the PWM meth system?
      01-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #8
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Ah thanks Adrian!

Yeah I might give the aggressive maps a go then. They don't have autotune yet though do they?

Also, are you able to supply some kind of trunk conversion kit for the PWM meth system?
I dont think you need a conversion as such. i'd suggest putting the pump in the trunk (pete has done a pew iirc) and get a trunk tank (again dont know if you can use the advan tank as your a vert) and run the lines/power from the trunk everything else would be per the ww tank install.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 08:13 PM   #9
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Ah thanks Adrian!

From memory, the autotuning function isnt on by default on the 7-29 maps either. You can enable the autotuning function under the 'User Adjustable' settings by changing the Autotuning value from 1 (off) to 2 (on).
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
I dont think you need a conversion as such. i'd suggest putting the pump in the trunk (pete has done a pew iirc) and get a trunk tank (again dont know if you can use the advan tank as your a vert) and run the lines/power from the trunk everything else would be per the ww tank install.
I think I just need parts. A tank, a pump mount, long enough lines to run from the trunk to the engine bay etc. Also I need the knowhow for where to put everything haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
From memory, the autotuning function isnt on by default on the 7-29 maps either. You can enable the autotuning function under the 'User Adjustable' settings by changing the Autotuning value from 1 (off) to 2 (on).
Yeah I actually noticed that when I installed them so I turned Autotune on. I guess when I get home I'll try and install the aggressive maps and see how I go.

Or maybe I'll wait until after this long weekend
      01-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #11
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I think I just need parts. A tank, a pump mount, long enough lines to run from the trunk to the engine bay etc. Also I need the knowhow for where to put everything haha.

Yeah I actually noticed that when I installed them so I turned Autotune on. I guess when I get home I'll try and install the aggressive maps and see how I go.

i think i still got the bms quick mount tank at home 1.5 gal iirc and the pump sits in the middle (i even have a spare of those as well if you need one). Now there is a chap (good bloke, but he has a bit of BO) on the northern beaches that can help with the location etc
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:24 PM   #12
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: A45

Quote:
Been doing a bit of research on this and decided to stay with WW setup for a bit longer. After tuning the car to run of 50% E85 I am unsure if meth will be needed in a year or so. And running the WW setup with 35% meth is safe and 49% if very safe if you check for leaks. Run a higher concentration at WSID etc.

If you are set on running a tank setup best thing is to convert the push in fitting to compression, run braided lines next to the fuel lines. A small 1 gallon plastic tank and the pump near the battery with compression fittings is probably best.

My main issue is with trunk tanks the tank is vented and meth fumes can escape into the cabin.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #13
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
Been doing a bit of research on this and decided to stay with WW setup for a bit longer. After tuning the car to run of 50% E85 I am unsure if meth will be needed in a year or so. And running the WW setup with 35% meth is safe and 49% if very safe if you check for leaks. Run a higher concentration at WSID etc.

If you are set on running a tank setup best thing is to convert the push in fitting to compression, run braided lines next to the fuel lines. A small 1 gallon plastic tank and the pump near the battery with compression fittings is probably best.

My main issue is with trunk tanks the tank is vented and meth fumes can escape into the cabin.
http://methanol.org/Environment/Reso...AL-Sept08.aspx

how much heat do you get under the bonnet and how inportant are kids
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #14
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

They use 50-50 in lots of cold weather washer fluid.

35-75 is more common though.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #15
pavo335
Banned
Rep

is the 35 the water bit?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 10:09 PM   #16
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumball
Quote:

E85+meth doesn't make more gains over just E85 or just a high concentration of meth?
      01-24-2013, 10:11 PM   #17
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

i think i still got the bms quick mount tank at home 1.5 gal iirc and the pump sits in the middle (i even have a spare of those as well if you need one). Now there is a chap (good bloke, but he has a bit of BO) on the northern beaches that can help with the location etc
Really? Awesome. Does it fit in the the battery compartment or needs to be external inside the boot?
      01-24-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Really? Awesome. Does it fit in the the battery compartment or needs to be external inside the boot?
i doubt pete would have made a custon tank if the bms one fitted there. have a look http://www.burgertuning.com/meth.html the one in the middle.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #19
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
is the 35 the water bit?
Not clear 35 meth and 75 water is more common for cold climate window washing fluid than 50/50.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #20
Gumball
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

e85 + meth is fastest but check out the bms forum for loads of logs and dynos. Procede has support but as discussed mailing in your dme is retarded.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #21
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

There is a kit available to upgrade a non-PWM meth kit to PWM. SO you could get a trunk mount kit and use this kit to upgrade to PWM meth. Or you can use any non-PWM meth kit with the Procede.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #22
pavo335
Banned
Rep

I've had a complaint about the BO comment and he says he is now using deodorant :

So I'll retract that comment
Appreciate 0