BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-07-2006, 10:08 PM   #23
DTC
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyhoov
I think it may be less what BMW needs and more what the 1 - 2 series needs. I think it would make sense to have an ///M version if for no other than to make the statement: "This ain't no econo-box!"
I'll take either the ///M or the turbo version, though the S54 engine would probably be more weight efficient than the turbo. I say BMW just debuts the 2er coupe with the ///M2 in all its glory :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 01:05 AM   #24
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC
I'll take either the ///M or the turbo version, though the S54 engine would probably be more weight efficient than the turbo. I say BMW just debuts the 2er coupe with the ///M2 in all its glory :biggrin:
Unfortunately the S54 is pretty heavy because it is an iron block. The n54 in comparison (the TT) is an aluminum block so it would probaly be a bit lighter (this is a guess though). In addition the N54 has a torque curve that simply makes me want to cry it is so beautiful. Max torque (~300 FTLBS) arrives at 1400RPM and stays there till 5000RPM :headbang: :roundel: :respekt: .
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #25
Declan
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTX
Unfortunately the S54 is pretty heavy because it is an iron block. The n54 in comparison (the TT) is an aluminum block so it would probaly be a bit lighter (this is a guess though). In addition the N54 has a torque curve that simply makes me want to cry it is so beautiful. Max torque (~300 FTLBS) arrives at 1400RPM and stays there till 5000RPM :headbang: :roundel: :respekt: .
Yeah I saw that torque curve for the new bi-turbo engine.. completely flat at 300 lb/ft !

The 335i is heavy tho.. but imagine that same power/engine in a smaller (lighter) 2er coupe :wub:
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #26
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan
The 335i is heavy tho.. but imagine that same power/engine in a smaller (lighter) 2er coupe :wub:
Exactely my thinking . I have heard there is a "big" release scheduled for this summer, so I have my fingers crossed. But of all the models, it will probaly be the 3-door, which sadly we will not get.

I have to admit though, BMW sure is taking their time with this one. Whenever that car launches, it better be damn near perfect for a first year car (i.e. The time period when I would most likely be able to get one).
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2006, 05:54 AM   #27
kere
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

I guess you have all already seen this (Autobild):

So the 3-door would be out next summer, then the cabriolet year after that and the coupe in year 2009?! Hope not.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #28
Galligan
Private
Rep
Drives:

Very interesting that they'd consider releasing the convertible before the coupe. But I guess the one advantage I can think of for the eventual coupe buyers is that since they will have developed a cabrio first with extra reinforcements for rigidity, the coupe should be a super stiff and rigid car. :thumbup:
Appreciate 0