BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #67
evilstib
Bimmer Newbie
Canada
Rep
Drives: CSM N54 Prem/Comf/Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post

x2 for fuck's sake

and it's not just ft-lb like auto manufacturers rate their cars, it's ft-lb to the wheels. hense the wtq. it's an abbrieviation. wftlb is just too clumbsy to use
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #68
Dr-Euro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogm View Post
Yeah, how dare you come up with a sweet DP for the n55 without doing a N54 first???
much love
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstib View Post
We wouldn't hijack if you made a product for us... *HINT* *HINT*

I caught the hint
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #69
Dr-Euro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyim1988 View Post
Will this fit on a 335i?
Unfortunately, no, not at the moment
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #70
TX78666
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 330i ZHP, N55 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankiE90 View Post
base tq numbers with tune on MAP 0
are high - (should be around 275-280ft-lbs)
Based on what? I'm pretty sure I've seen several dynos at around 300.
      12-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #71
TX78666
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 330i ZHP, N55 135i

12-08-2011, 05:43 AM   #72
CrustyNoodle
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstib View Post
Ooh god, stop being a homo. You know exactly what he meant by WTQ just like I did. We say/use the term all the time. If you didn't know, sell your BMW and go back to your ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post

x2 for fuck's sake

and it's not just ft-lb like auto manufacturers rate their cars, it's ft-lb to the wheels. hense the wtq. it's an abbrieviation. wftlb is just too clumbsy to use
I really do not know what to say - the stupidity astounds me!
      12-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #73
Dr-Euro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyNoodle View Post
I really do not know what to say - the stupidity astounds me!
I am glad that you got the information that you were seeking, in regards to our dyno sheet.

For future reference - All US manufactures use the standard measuring system. That means that we measure in inches and feet (ft-lb). Since you are not in the US, you are probably more used to using the metric measuring system. That means millimeters and meters (Nm).

Most people on this forum understand this difference. It would be somewhat patronizing to write out 55 ft-lb of torque at the wheels when I have already clearly stated that I am a US manufacture.

I am sorry that you feel bothered by an abbreviation. Perhaps it is because you are unfamiliar with the term. I highly recommend performing a search on the term - it is used quite frequently.
      12-09-2011, 05:25 AM   #74
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
changing wtq to wftlb wouldnt not change the world but this set up will definitely revolutionize N55 tuning. let's focus on the real stuff guys, hint hint, get the production ready Daniel
      12-10-2011, 05:25 AM   #75
CrustyNoodle
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel@RSiTuning View Post
I am glad that you got the information that you were seeking, in regards to our dyno sheet.

For future reference - All US manufactures use the standard measuring system. That means that we measure in inches and feet (ft-lb). Since you are not in the US, you are probably more used to using the metric measuring system. That means millimeters and meters (Nm).

Most people on this forum understand this difference. It would be somewhat patronizing to write out 55 ft-lb of torque at the wheels when I have already clearly stated that I am a US manufacture.

I am sorry that you feel bothered by an abbreviation. Perhaps it is because you are unfamiliar with the term. I highly recommend performing a search on the term - it is used quite frequently.
Hi Daniel, and apologies to everyone else reading this thread for banging on about it, and yes, I am being anal about it, but I maintain that the use of a meaningless measure (WTQ) is itself meaningless. Unfortunately using terms like this does nothing to increase your credibility - which is something that should be of paramount importance to you. I'm just trying to help you by pointing this out.

With in excess of 20 years experience as a mechanical engineer and a fairly firm grasp of units and measures as a result, it is neither the concept of measuring torque at the wheels not the use of imperial or metric units that troubles me, it is purely the incorrectness and thus the credibility robbing effect of using terminology that is just meaningless. The fact that WTQ is used frequently on the net does not make the term a valid measure.

Units and measures follow international standards for very good reasons. Please don't forget that this forum is also an international forum so it is probably best to use internationally recognised terminology - especially when spruiking your product to an international audience.
      12-12-2011, 04:46 PM   #76
Dr-Euro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hi Daniel, and apologies to everyone else reading this thread for banging on about it, and yes, I am being anal about it, but I maintain that the use of a meaningless measure (WTQ) is itself meaningless. Unfortunately using terms like this does nothing to increase your credibility - which is something that should be of paramount importance to you. I'm just trying to help you by pointing this out.

With in excess of 20 years experience as a mechanical engineer and a fairly firm grasp of units and measures as a result, it is neither the concept of measuring torque at the wheels not the use of imperial or metric units that troubles me, it is purely the incorrectness and thus the credibility robbing effect of using terminology that is just meaningless. The fact that WTQ is used frequently on the net does not make the term a valid measure.

Units and measures follow international standards for very good reasons. Please don't forget that this forum is also an international forum so it is probably best to use internationally recognised terminology - especially when spruiking your product to an international audience.
The dyno sheets are posted to show the difference - not so much the specific results, since every car is different. Any person can see the difference and expect the same results at the same rate or percentage.

If you were interested in helping then you may have approached this situation differently. Your inquisition for the fine details was presented in a slanderous manner. You made it seem like there was a problem with the information when really there was a misunderstanding on your end. It is apparent that others have no problem understanding the same information. I have no problem clearing things up for individuals but you obviously seem to be seeking flaws. I am not the only one who feels this way. Others have given you feedback on this thread, some who are also international members. Not to mention, you have also stated yourself, "and yes, I am being anal about it".

Lets, then, both agree to disagree. For your purposes, we will say that the product offers an approximate 10% increase in horse power and a 15% increase in torque over stock to the wheels.
      12-13-2011, 11:21 AM   #77
John Dempsey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: White 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Daniel, can I ask an off topic question (or two)?

Why on earth do you quote 55WTQ?
What does that mean?
What units are you talking about?
Do you mean 55 ft-lb or do you mean 55 Nm?

Wheel torque as you have quoted it is not a unit of measure that has any meaning.
Quote:
Right-o, so you're saying that you saw an increase of 55 ft-lb then - which actually makes sense.
But I still don't understand why people in "the industry" who should know better perpetuate the use of a fictitious unit - unless of course they don't know any better!
Quote:

You my friend sound like a complete TOOL. We all know what WTQ is a measure of. Stop being such a picky fuck.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #78
135iNreag
135iNreag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Let's get this thread back on track. Daniel's (RSI's) DP makes good power and is a revolutionary design.........and start discussion!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #79
Dr-Euro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135iNreag View Post
Let's get this thread back on track. Daniel's (RSI's) DP makes good power and is a revolutionary design.........and start discussion!
      12-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #80
135iiiiii
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 135i ///M Sport

That opening sound clip is epic

JB4:Injen:NPG DP/Exhaust:BSH OCC:BTIC:Alpine:Icarbon:
Turbosmart:ER:KW V1:VMR 710:Nitto.......and METH
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2011, 10:09 PM   #81
135iNreag
135iNreag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Agreed!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #82
Dr-Euro
Private First Class
Rep

All PMs Replied!
      12-17-2011, 03:25 PM   #83
Dr-Euro
Private First Class
Rep

For a very limited time ONLY! Get the best tone and performance from your 135i N55 platform!
Details HERE
      12-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #84
eyim1988
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4

Garage List
2022 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel@RSiTuning View Post

For a very limited time ONLY! Get the best tone and performance from your 135i N55 platform!
Details HERE
Wish this was for the 335i (((((((
      12-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #85
flyboy385
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 MG M2 6MT

Hi Daniel,

I took a quick look at your product, not really paying attention to details the first time, but now that you brought out this special deal, i've noticed two things that i just want to make sure i understand correctly:

1. The price listed is the DEPOSIT on the pre-order, and not the whole price for the downpipe. (i THOUGHT that just a downpipe that gives this much power at that price was rediculously low, lol)

2. The product comes with a midpipe as well.

I now have two questions:

1: Are the dyno results for the product with both the downpipe and midpipe installed?

2: I was planning on eventually putting on the Hartge quad exhaust system; If i had your downpipe and midpipe installed, would i still be able to put it on the back of my car? (sorry if i dont understand the structure of exhaust systems well, im sure there's something wrong with that question. im new to modding =/ )

Thanks so much =)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #86
Dr-Euro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy385 View Post
Hi Daniel,

I took a quick look at your product, not really paying attention to details the first time, but now that you brought out this special deal, i've noticed two things that i just want to make sure i understand correctly:

1. The price listed is the DEPOSIT on the pre-order, and not the whole price for the downpipe. (i THOUGHT that just a downpipe that gives this much power at that price was rediculously low, lol)

2. The product comes with a midpipe as well.

I now have two questions:

1: Are the dyno results for the product with both the downpipe and midpipe installed?

2: I was planning on eventually putting on the Hartge quad exhaust system; If i had your downpipe and midpipe installed, would i still be able to put it on the back of my car? (sorry if i dont understand the structure of exhaust systems well, im sure there's something wrong with that question. im new to modding =/ )

Thanks so much =)
Yes, the price listed on the website is just the deposit to claim a spot on the pre-order - this of course applies towards the total cost. Total pricing will depend on the amount of people who participate - if we get 20 people or more, total, the price will drop to $795. It does in fact come with both the 3.5" downpipe and 3" midpipe. This is a high quality product and the savings are ONLY for the holidays.

The dyno posted in the main thread is for the downpipe and midpipe. We are currently making the most power out of any downpipe + exhaust combo. This system bolts directly up to any axle-back, including the stock (used in testing/dynos/videos). You should have no problems installing an aftermarket axle-back, including Hartge.

Last edited by Dr-Euro; 12-18-2011 at 11:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #87
parky1215
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C | G06 X6 M60i

daniel, does this downpipe + midpipe has any sort of resonator built in?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #88
Dr-Euro
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by parky1215 View Post
daniel, does this downpipe + midpipe has any sort of resonator built in?
No, it eliminates your factory resonator. For those looking for a more quiet setup, we may add in a resonator.