BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-31-2008, 08:49 PM   #1
UR2SLOW1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

PCD Tomorrow

I'm here in SC at the Marriott wondering how I'm going to sleep tonight since I'm less than 12 hours away from taking delivery of my new baby. As an added bonus the X6 press launch is going on as we speak. We went out back to see the detail guys cleaning the cars but a chick "rent a cop" chased us off because we didn't have a badge. Oh well, who cares because I GET MY CAR TOMORROW !!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

WooHoo!!!

Congrats to you!! :thumbup:

I talked to my sales guy a little bit ago...Mine is being built in beginning of May, maybe sooner!! Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 10:27 PM   #3
imported_volsfan0911
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

If you want a great dining experience after all the driving tomorrow, two offerings (I lived in G'ville for years). John Paul's Armadillo Oil Company. Excellent steaks, best ribs you'll ever eat and yes, John shot & killed every critter in the place (he sold the store in Columbia damnit). Second would be Saksatoon on Haywood Place. Their billboard used to read "There's room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes". Show up for happy hour and go outside to toast the sunset with everyone else at the bar. If you're the type that enjoys the occasional 'adult entertainment' place - Nepal's might just be one of the best on the planet for first class eye candy. :wub: I was never here. You never read this thread......................
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
whiplash
Private No Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Congratulations!!! I just did PCD on Thursday of last week and had an absolute blast. It was better than I ever imagined...you are going to have SUCH a great time!

Dan in Houston / CCA # 93849
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 12:08 AM   #5
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
Congratulations!!! I just did PCD on Thursday of last week and had an absolute blast. It was better than I ever imagined...you are going to have SUCH a great time!
He ain't lyin'. :biggrin: Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 06:13 AM   #6
chef_geek
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

This is how I plan on taking delivery too...in a year, doh! I hope to couple it with with a driving school. Take delivery one day and go to the driving school the next, then take a road trip to Charleston for a few days before heading back home. It will be my big trip/vacation for the year. Should be a blast.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
UR2SLOW1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Just got back from the PCD and I have to tell you that this was one of the best driving experiences of my life ! The BMW staff treats you so well you feel guilty for not having to pay for the experience. The driving in the morning was a blast, the hot lap in the M5 was insane, the off road course was scary as hell and the delivery experience was orgasmic.........sorry wife :eyebulge: I am so in love with this car now that I've taken delivery and finally driven a 6spd manual. This is my 9th new car and for once it won't be hard to follow the break in procedure because there is sooo much torque in any gear. THANK YOU BMW FOR BUILDING THE 1 !
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #8
buckwheat986
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR2SLOW1 View Post
Just got back from the PCD and I have to tell you that this was one of the best driving experiences of my life ! The BMW staff treats you so well you feel guilty for not having to pay for the experience. The driving in the morning was a blast, the hot lap in the M5 was insane, the off road course was scary as hell and the delivery experience was orgasmic.........sorry wife :eyebulge: I am so in love with this car now that I've taken delivery and finally driven a 6spd manual. This is my 9th new car and for once it won't be hard to follow the break in procedure because there is sooo much torque in any gear. THANK YOU BMW FOR BUILDING THE 1 !

Wow...great experience...best of luck
Appreciate 0