BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
malves85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Talking Ordered at Wide World of Cars!

I just test drove the 135 and placed a deposit. That car is really nice!! I dealt with Alan Fong who was very helpful. I test drove the coupe with Alan in the back and girlfriend in the front. Im 5'9 and Alan was a lot taller then me. I would say atleast 6'2. He was in the back for 10min and looked very comfortable. His head didnt touch the ceiling and he seemed to have leg room. Made me feel good since there will be someone in my back seat atleast 3x a week.
The car was very smooth especially on crappy rockland pot hole and gravel ridden roads. Much better then my cobalt coupe. Only went up to 3k rpm, since I dont want to mess someones new ride, and was very responsive at that low range. It was a steptronic with the paddle shifters which were fun to play with. The motor sounds very nice when revving a bit. Cant wait to get mine so I can break it in and get it in the higher rpms.
Got the Sparkling Graphite exterior with black leatherette and black gloss trim. Steptronic with paddles, sports package and comfort access.

RoninWheels: I saw your white manual coupe with the red interior on the lot. Someone was backing it into the front lot. I was a little scared of white with red leather but it looks good on this car. You really see the lines on the exterior and notice the hot red leather. Thats definitely a car to pull up to a club with and impress people. Good choice!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
RoninWheels
Mr. Brand Loyalist
Rep
Drives: 1M,M2cs

Thanks malves... picked it up on sat. I love the car. I'm glad your going with wide world. I worked with both the sales and service manager before at my previous job in greenwich ct.... they will definetly take care of us.