BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #1
tetten
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4 20i

AC-control unit

Hi guys,
I wonder if any of you encounter a problem similar to mine. Tried to google without any results...

When AC in auto, sometimes it blows hot air on windshield even when 25 deg (77 Fahrenheit) outside. Only way to avoid is putting in manual mode and switch off air stream to windshield.

My service tech could not find any problems, no fault codes, recalibrated the dampers and downloaded new software with no improvement. He kind of suggest to try changing the control unit at 1100$

Appreciate any replies.

/Terje
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 06:13 AM   #2
tetten
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Z4 20i

Hi,
Not many with similar problems in here..

The dealer suggested to change the control unit. Luckily I got it covered by BMW even the warranty has run out.

Turned out not to be the control unit. The condensation sensor was loose from change of windshield. Probably reused the old one and the glue was bad. I found out myself after extensive googling. Seems to be Ok now.

My dealer gave me a new sensor and installed it for free.

/Terje
Appreciate 0