BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-01-2017, 05:24 PM   #1
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
550
Rep
3,168
Posts

Drives: 2011 1M, 2003 330i ZHP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (4)

Driveshaft CV Joint Recall - Anyone been notified yet?

Has anyone had their 1M checked or been notified that parts are available on the driveshaft CV joint recall?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
champignon
Major
United_States
216
Rep
1,170
Posts

Drives: 1M-VO;135i;Z3M Cpe;135is Vert
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Has anyone had their 1M checked or been notified that parts are available on the driveshaft CV joint recall?
Hey Nacho,

Are you sure that your car is in the recall? It only covers specific production dates. I called BMW of NA and they told me that my car was not manufactured during the subject period. I later checked, myself, online, and found that they were actually correct, this time :-)
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
550
Rep
3,168
Posts

Drives: 2011 1M, 2003 330i ZHP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Has anyone had their 1M checked or been notified that parts are available on the driveshaft CV joint recall?
Hey Nacho,

Are you sure that your car is in the recall? It only covers specific production dates. I called BMW of NA and they told me that my car was not manufactured during the subject period. I later checked, myself, online, and found that they were actually correct, this time :-)
No didn't know. Can you share where to check? My car was July 2011 production. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #4
champignon
Major
United_States
216
Rep
1,170
Posts

Drives: 1M-VO;135i;Z3M Cpe;135is Vert
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
No didn't know. Can you share where to check? My car was July 2011 production. Thanks!
I just googled this; from the NHTSA website, below. It appears that your car is not being recalled for this.

ken


***************

Part 573 Safety Recall Report 17V-067
The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR 573
Manufacturer Name : BMW of North America, LLC
Submission Date : FEB 02, 2017
NHTSA Recall No. : 17V-067
Manufacturer Recall No. : NR
Manufacturer Information :
Manufacturer Name : BMW of North America, LLC
Address : P.O. Box 1227
Westwood NJ 07675-1227
Company phone : 18005257417
Population :
Number of potentially involved : 8,752
Estimated percentage with defect : 60 %
Vehicle Information :
Vehicle 1 : 2011-2012 BMW 135i Coupe, 1 Series M Coupe
Vehicle Type : LIGHT VEHICLES
Body Style : 2-DOOR
Power Train : GAS
Descriptive Information : Affected vehicles may be equipped with a rear drive shaft constant velocity (CV) joint
that was produced with insufficient durability.
Production Dates : JAN 17, 2011 - APR 29, 2011

*****************
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 11:22 PM   #5
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
550
Rep
3,168
Posts

Drives: 2011 1M, 2003 330i ZHP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I just googled this; from the NHTSA website, below. It appears that your car is not being recalled for this.

ken


***************

Part 573 Safety Recall Report 17V-067
The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR 573
Manufacturer Name : BMW of North America, LLC
Submission Date : FEB 02, 2017
NHTSA Recall No. : 17V-067
Manufacturer Recall No. : NR
Manufacturer Information :
Manufacturer Name : BMW of North America, LLC
Address : P.O. Box 1227
Westwood NJ 07675-1227
Company phone : 18005257417
Population :
Number of potentially involved : 8,752
Estimated percentage with defect : 60 %
Vehicle Information :
Vehicle 1 : 2011-2012 BMW 135i Coupe, 1 Series M Coupe
Vehicle Type : LIGHT VEHICLES
Body Style : 2-DOOR
Power Train : GAS
Descriptive Information : Affected vehicles may be equipped with a rear drive shaft constant velocity (CV) joint
that was produced with insufficient durability.
Production Dates : JAN 17, 2011 - APR 29, 2011

*****************
Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 12:44 AM   #6
blackmist222777
Major
blackmist222777's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
1,150
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 1M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (10)

i have not received anything yet.
__________________

2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe #642 of 740 (current)
2011 E92 BMW M3 AW
2004 E46 BMW M3 TIAG
2004 E46 BMW M3 LSB
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 08:46 AM   #7
1mGator
1mGator
1mGator's Avatar
United_States
46
Rep
509
Posts

Drives: Valencia 1M
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Aventura, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Perfect ... so after April production OK.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 03:43 PM   #8
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
121
Rep
1,583
Posts

Drives: an 1M not often enough
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: between Unlimited and Hard to Get

iTrader: (0)

Some ~100 production 1Ms only came out of the factory up to April '11. First ones going to mayor dealers either as demo or to their in-crowd. Not many of us involved.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2017, 05:00 PM   #9
RS375
Private First Class
12
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

My car was in today for the 'battery positive line terminal' recall after receiving a vehicle safety recall letter through the post.

When I booked the car in a couple of weeks ago I wasn't in my 1M but they checked the key for any technical campaigns.

Two TC's listed on the printout with the 'measure' description:
10061390400 - E8X E9X (RHD petrol engine) installing the positive battery terminal line repair cable.
10026330100 - E8x E9x F0x F1x checking and if necessary replacing the flexible disc.

The battery cable is well documented on here and seems to have been carried out successfully.

The CV joint was checked and apparently I have the later type anyway so no further action was taken. I was late at the dealership picking the car up from work, but apparently the problem CV joint is a metal component rather than the later rubber item.

That's all the details I have unfortunately as the dealership was about to close.

I've been promised a printout of the work carried out once the warranty paperwork has been submitted to BMW. If I get any more information I'll try and post an update on here.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 02:55 PM   #10
Reedomn
Major
Reedomn's Avatar
United_States
275
Rep
1,385
Posts

Drives: 1M/M2
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (15)

i rec'd recall letter. Haven't brought in yet.
__________________
VO 1M....LBB M2.
Sold- 2008 JZB/Fox E90 M3 6MT Launch car
Sold- 2004 Audi S4..Sold- 1997 Estoril e36 M3
Sold -1991 Black e34 M5..Sold-1995 Black e36 M3
Sadly Sold- Henna Red e30 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 11:32 PM   #11
etr2016
Private First Class
18
Rep
137
Posts

Drives: 1M - Black
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Scottsdale,AZ

iTrader: (0)

Is there an actual fix for this? It shows "recall incomplete" when I just searched online.
__________________
2011 - 1M - Black
2010 - VW Jetta TDI "Clean" Diesel Sedan 6MT - Black
2007 - Z4M Coupe - Black (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #12
mrphil
Private First Class
New Zealand
15
Rep
167
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: New Zealand

iTrader: (0)

both 1m went to the dealer yesterday, no recall for us
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2017, 02:25 PM   #13
dturn37
Private
3
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Chicago IL

iTrader: (3)

I just got a letter yesterday saying they are ready to fix the rear driveshaft constant velocity joint. Going to call on Monday and try to bring the 1M in
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2017, 04:50 PM   #14
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
550
Rep
3,168
Posts

Drives: 2011 1M, 2003 330i ZHP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dturn37 View Post
I just got a letter yesterday saying they are ready to fix the rear driveshaft constant velocity joint. Going to call on Monday and try to bring the 1M in
What is your production date?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #15
wrighty
First Lieutenant
wrighty's Avatar
United Kingdom
13
Rep
395
Posts

Drives: BMW 1M
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Blackpool

iTrader: (0)

Mine is in Wednesday to be checked .
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 07:31 PM   #16
MMM PWR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
22
Rep
233
Posts

Drives: 1M and E46 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by etr2016 View Post
Is there an actual fix for this? It shows "recall incomplete" when I just searched online.
Where/How do you search online?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST